Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nostalgia, things that can take you back in a flash
jakka13
post 10th Feb 2007, 03:08am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,815
Remembering things from when I must have been a wee lassie .My heart throb of the time was George Formby wub.gif .I always said I wanted to marry him .The next time I remember was Donald Peers .Then Johnny Ray .
Now when I hear Connie Francis ,when I hear her sing it brings back the night I got married .We went to a box in the Empire and I can still hear her singing "Who's sorry now " this on your wedding night ?????

--------------------
Auld but Still Game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 10th Feb 2007, 03:38am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
wub.gif The 3 degrees singing .........."when will I see You Again"....It was number 1 in pop charts when my brother got married & I fell in love (crush) with the older best man (brother & best man was in their sailor uniforms) I felt new feelings & I felt awe mixed up cos he went on a honeymoon & the best man left afterwards, somehow I knew things were never gonna be the same for me,I was growing up.

That same song pops up at certain times of my life means differring things yet still up it pops,when I was taking my mum & dad to airport to go home after their Holidays here for 6months felt like I would die from greeting,It was the last song they sang at a wonderfull concert My Hubby took me too as a surprise for my 21st Birthday,they played in the theatre Royal.

Nae Joke here , that song played at my dads funeral dinner in the background & when a goat hame tae mammys hoose I promptly went up to my mums spare room where I was staying in,straight after Dads funeral dinner,promptly put an old cd on 1st one to hands never realising the 1st song was when will I see you again! Boohoo big style,Oh yes It`s a significant song to me of both happy & sad times.

By the way there oor Keeliegal I went to the good old spring floored Penthouse Dancing too hahaha loved it there many great nights to the song where everyone got on the floor to do the rowboat dance to oops upside your head hahaha My pal & I were the only 2 girls that used to dance with a massive group of guys who were so great at jiggin they were often sarounded with onlookers as their dance style was super cool to watch & Rosy & I were the only girls they let join in with them haha(we thought we were Gallus haha,we were all friends thats all haha) laugh.gif you just reminded me as I read your post haha thanks Keelie that was fun memory hen.

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Jan 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.