Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1355 Pages V  « < 1353 1354 1355  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
JAGZ1876
post 20th Jul 2017, 02:38pm
Post #20311

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 15th Jul 2017, 03:03pm) *
In the realm of the Selfie Queen all good news is because of the Gnats and all bad news is
down to something else [usually westminster Tory scum]

The gnats will love Nick Cleggs new idea that all under 30s should get 2 votes in a referendum.

Spoken like a true BritGnat DJ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 20th Jul 2017, 06:29pm
Post #20312

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 20th Jul 2017, 01:03pm) *
[attachment=51148:council_of_europe.jpg]

Someone seems to be confused where they start of talking about the council of Europe then claim it as the European Union, I would have thought that some us would know that despite the EU stealing the flag and anthem of the CoE they are two different organisations

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 20th Jul 2017, 07:09pm
Post #20313

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 20th Jul 2017, 02:33pm) *
You can use the Express if you want John, yes, those figures if true are bad, although i would have prefered to have read a more in depth report as to why there has been an increase, i find it strange they showed a clip of an underpaid English NHS nurse telling how she would treat Theresa May with care if she was ill in her hospital, perhaps she should move to Scotland where our nurses and doctors have better pay rates.

Not so long ago Jagz you would have been calling them right wing Tory loving MSM biggrin.gif
Underpaid Nurse? Public sector workers in inner and outer London get something called London weighting supplement which gives them up to a 20% increase over those elsewhere. That nurse could very well earn far more than a higher band Nurse in Scotland.
Its interesting that you brought her up though because if that was up here and she was talking about Sturgeon then the cyberhounds would have been released.
Of course the nurse would care for her, that is her job and failing to do her job would have her struck off the nursing register. NHS staff have to deal with far worse people than politicians and given the choice I'm sure politicians are preferable to abusive or violent alchys and junkies.
As to the report, well I guess that diverting money from outpatients to other departments for some headlines may play a part.
I'll bet the English edition didn't run the headline, "May's Shame: Tory Boss Focus On Brexit While English Hospitals Fall Into Disarray".

Probably a better one would be 'Tory boss focuses on carrying out the will of the public while English Hospitals Fall Into Disarray', Sturgeon is focusing on the will of her cabinet which is a bit different
There will always be room for improvement in the NHS but would you honestly rather have the Tories in charge of the Scottish NHS when the English NHS is in meltdown, but not even as bad as the Labour controlled NHS in Wales?

Be careful what you wish for John.

The devolved governments are in a good position where they shift money about without worrying about raising it. When more powers get devolved and Scotland has to raise more of what it spends then we'll see whatever party is in power at Holyrood panicking at facing the public at elections when they have to raise taxes. Already in the last year we've seen the SNP tinker with community tax by hitting some of us with a 7.5% tax increase in addition to the 3% rise, business rates revaluation and freezing the top rate tax threshold when it has been raised elsewhere, all of these have cost some of the public quite a few quid. When more of their budget has to be raised here then either those tax increases have to be spread more evenly across the public or that services will have to be cut. Maybe it's you who should be careful what you wish for

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th Jul 2017, 08:22pm
Post #20314

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 20th Jul 2017, 08:09pm) *
Not so long ago Jagz you would have been calling them right wing Tory loving MSM biggrin.gif

Its interesting that you brought her up though because if that was up here and she was talking about Sturgeon then the cyberhounds would have been released.

Sturgeon is focusing on the will of her cabinet which is a bit different

Maybe it's you who should be careful what you wish for

They are a right wing Tory loving paper, do you not agree?

Well i could hardly not bring her up as it was a prominent part of the link you posted, and if by "up here" you mean Scotland then i think she would get a sympathetic hearing if she wasn't caught out lying through her teeth.

Sturgeon and her cabinet are doing their day job a lot better than May and her cabinet are doing.

I'm always very careful about what i wish for John.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 20th Jul 2017, 09:08pm
Post #20315

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 20th Jul 2017, 08:22pm) *
They are a right wing Tory loving paper, do you not agree?

I have never read it Jagz, why dont you ask where you're copy and pasting the links from. I only post those from certain papers as I purposely seek out stories in them I've seen elsewhere.
Well i could hardly not bring her up as it was a prominent part of the link you posted, and if by "up here" you mean Scotland then i think she would get a sympathetic hearing if she wasn't caught out lying through her teeth.

I was hoping you were going to push on the wages angle seeing as it keeps being reported time after time, the London supplement where a nurse in inner London can expect a minimum payment of 4,200 and a maximum payment of 6,469 is included in the NHS terms and conditions of service handbook.

Are you aware that the royal college of nursing in Scotland recently reported an employment survey where
30% had struggled to pay gas and electricity
bills
14% had missed meals because of financial
difficulties
53% had been compelled to work extra hours
to increase earnings
32% were working extra night/weekend shifts
to help pay bills and everyday living
expenses

80% of respondents in the NHS work
unsocial hours; of those respondents, a
third state that they do so sometimes
and two thirds state that they do so
regularly
two thirds of respondents rely on
unsocial hours payments to make ends
meet, a further quarter relies on them to
help manage caring responsibilities and
18% rely on unsocial hours to pay for
childcare

Sturgeon and her cabinet are doing their day job a lot better than May and her cabinet are doing.

And how many members of the public have even heard of any of them, the Cult of Nicola will continue as there isn't anyone who can 'replace' her
I'm always very careful about what i wish for John.

i dont wish for anything jagz, wanting some evidence from you would be good though biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 20th Jul 2017, 10:47pm
Post #20316

Mega City Key Holder
Another old case of it's OK if the SNP are doing it .
Pete Wishart had this to say just over two years ago
I believe that being a Member of Parliament is a full-time job. In fact, we have got two jobs: we have our responsibilities in this House, and then we have our obligations to our constituents. Becoming a constituency Member of Parliament has changed dramatically in the 14 years that I have been here. It has become much more technical and much more complicated, with a greater amount of different tasks and skills needing to be acquired to serve members of the public efficiently and effectively. The suggestion that this can be combined with a second job with outside earnings is something I believe our constituents would find very difficult to accept.

Then of course we have the SNP leader in Westminster pocketing 50k a year in a second 'job'
http://www.scotsman.com/news/snp-westminst...roles-1-4507790

unsure.gif

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Jul 2017, 01:26am
Post #20317

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 20th Jul 2017, 10:08pm) *
I have never read it Jagz,

Are you aware that the royal college of nursing in Scotland recently reported an employment survey

And how many members of the public have even heard of any of them, the Cult of Nicola will continue as there isn't anyone who can 'replace' her

i dont wish for anything jagz, wanting some evidence from you would be good though biggrin.gif

You must see the pro Tory headlines when you go into a newsagent/petrol station surely?

I wasn't aware of the report John, as i said there is always room for improvement, perhaps you could suggest some services the SG could cut to put more money into the NHS as their budget from Westminster gets cut?

Do the public really need to know the names of all the cabinet ministers, surely the fact they're doing their jobs well is enough?

What evidence would you like John?

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 21st Jul 2017, 08:06pm
Post #20318

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 21st Jul 2017, 01:26am) *
You must see the pro Tory headlines when you go into a newsagent/petrol station surely?

I see lots of things when I'm in shops but let me say this again because you seem to have ignored it , I HAVE NEVER READ IT!!
I wasn't aware of the report John, as i said there is always room for improvement, perhaps you could suggest some services the SG could cut to put more money into the NHS as their budget from Westminster gets cut?

Certainly, as we seem to be top heavy when it comes to politicians then those who share areas should also share resources and if possible use council premises for constituency offices. Scotland has two politicians, constituency offices, expense accounts and staff for every constituency as well as a regional MSP where England has one. There is a drive for efficiency everywhere except politics
Do the public really need to know the names of all the cabinet ministers, surely the fact they're doing their jobs well is enough?

When they're pulling in a great salary, pension, perks and expense account then aye. I dont need to know the person doon the cooncils name and they're doing their job but at a lot less cost.
What evidence would you like John?

Ohh that is funny Jagz, I'm not going to post that all again just for you to ignore like before, how about you go back and respond to the several requests for proof or evidence where I asked. I know you wont though as its made up and the common knowledge you claim is all in the head of the fanatics

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post

1355 Pages V  « < 1353 1354 1355
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.