Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Glasgow Apologise For Slavery?, Increasing calls for the city to say sorry
wombat
post 2nd Aug 2016, 10:13pm
Post #211

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
rolleyes.gif what happened to the human cargo they impounded ?

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumac
post 25th Jul 2020, 04:07pm
Post #212

City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,359
I came across this thread and had to say how relevant it is today. We have had statues pulled down over the slavery and abuse of blacks and, yes, there are calls for more statues to be pulled down and for apologies to be given for our country’s involvement in black abuse and slavery. So bad has the situation become that we now have footballers and policemen “taking the knee”.
I am angry about this. I am not racist, never was, never will be, but I refuse to bow to anyone, black, white or purple with yellow dots. Nor will I apologise for things over which I had no say or control.
It’s time people realise that we can never change history by obliterating everything bad that happened or memorials to that. When we start to change or delete historical facts, we are on the road to a very scary future.

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th Aug 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.