Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum Discipline, Rules and Standards
Thomas
post 22nd Feb 2015, 09:45pm
Post #1

City Key Holder
Member No.: 384
Most forums such as this one, have rules set out by the owner of the 'board'.

I am a member of 4 Glasgow based forums but now sadly, I only post on one (this one) but tonight, I came in to visit and I stumble across an argument raging about South Africa and the genre is not pleasant or welcoming.

It makes me wonder, if people are sitting at home with little to do other than become armchair ninjas. I agree that points and posts can be debated but there is a way to do it or am I sadly out of touch?

I find myself in the position that I am beginning to visit less, post less and have very much less to read and be entertained and informed by.

It's a sad day but it looks like I'll probably just give up with the Glasgow based forums, there's far too much aggro in today's world without watching it unfold on a forum.

--------------------
Exaltabo Te Domine

I will magnify thee O God

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 22nd Feb 2015, 10:42pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Thomas, as a frequent poster here I can state that over the few years Ive been doing so I have come across very little, if any aggro posted by one member towards another.Robust yes but never extreme.Some posts at times banal others very interesting and well thought out.
Underpinning this, in my view a very capable administrator, fair but firm and the miscreants who do contravene are always weeded out.
Dont disappear Thomas, stick around..
Joop
rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 23rd Feb 2015, 06:34am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Stay around Thomas, we discuss and argue about a range of subjects here and isint it better to get things out in the open where even if they are not resolved to your satisfaction at least they are discussed, as Jupiter said we have a very fair administrator here who will and does step in from time to time to put an end to any matters that have become too personal.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Feb 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.