Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Fitba, Not necessarily Celtic or Rangers
Doug1
post 13th Nov 2012, 12:02pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,899
QUOTE (Dave Grieve @ 7th Aug 2012, 02:02pm) *
Now that we are back to the real thing will the powers that be carry on with their promise to improve the game in Scotland, first thing I would like to see is a bigger Spl with perhaps even a SPL2 and all the other clubs from the highland league teams to other teams that have tried to join the SFL recently being allowed in to form as many leagues as is needed regional or otherwise.
Why cant we have a similiar system to England where it is possible to drop out of the league and be replaced by one of the smaller clubs

Lastly please, please, please, lets get back to one controlling body looking out for the good of Scottish football.

Well said Dave. Lets just hope the powers to be can for once all agree to a new more modern structure that will make the game more interesting and please the majority of fans

--------------------
ave got my opinion as well
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A Mackinnon
post 13th Nov 2012, 01:14pm
Post #32

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,012
Don't think there is any doubt that Scottish football is going to be revamped, and soon! There will be a number of formats proposed before hopefully they come up with one that will revive Scottish football and bring the fans back.

Also, must fully agree with Dave in that we should have only ONE governing body in charge of all football in Scotland, why a wee country like Scotland needs three is beyond me. I would suggest that it should be called the SFA....end of!!

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 28th Nov 2012, 10:06am
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,207
Thompson resigns from SPL board

The prospect of Scotland’s top-flight clubs presenting a united front next week to accelerate a new league construction proposal evaporated yesterday when Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson resigned from the SPL board citing “professional differences”.

Although Thompson’s decision to step away from the six-man board had no direct link to the plans for two leagues of 12 that will be debated on Monday, the move has prompted fears that the SPL’s bid to revive Scottish football could be 
sidetracked.

Sources close to the United chairman have suggested that his anger over what he sees as heavy-handed treatment by a fellow SPL board member could threaten his presence at the discussions to be held at Hampden on Monday. Others within the SPL have expressed dismay at Thompson’s course of action at such a sensitive time, accusing him of over-reacting regarding a matter that was “not a resignation issue”. ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20512820

--------------------
Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 5th Dec 2012, 12:32pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdee...s-warn-experts/

...but the SPL is booming, dontcha know?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 10th Dec 2012, 11:54am
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Don't know how representative this body is but here are there findings. Make of it what you will....

http://scottishfans.org/News/WhatFansWantL...nstruction.aspx

--------------------

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 11th Dec 2012, 06:39pm
Post #36

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
Hey Mattie, Brechin are coming along nicely, since they have appointed a new manager.

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 12th Dec 2012, 02:57pm
Post #37

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
As we don't happen to have an italian Forum, I thought this one was the most appropriate one to post about this hardy fan from Udinese.
The Queen should give him wan ai them honorary knighthoods lol

REAL SUPPORT

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 12th Dec 2012, 06:22pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
At least he wouldn't have had a big queue for the pie stall or even heard the dreaded "Nae pie's left"

I wonder if the Sampdoria players boo'd him laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 13th Dec 2012, 08:22am
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl...astle-1-2688734

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Dec 2012, 10:39am
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
We may well see the Jambos playing in the Third Division next season.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 14th Dec 2012, 01:41pm
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
SFL blueprint
•16-team Premier Division
•Playing 30 games each
•Two relegation play-off spots
•Two teams automatically relegated

•10-team Championship
•Playing 36 games each
•Two automatic promotion spots
•Two promotion play-off spots
•Two teams automatically relegated
•One relegation play-off spot

•16-team First Division
•Playing 30 games each
•Two automatically promoted
•Three promotion play-off spots
•One pyramid relegation play-off spot

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 14th Dec 2012, 03:26pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Better than the SPL's 12-12 effort but not much, i would prefer two divisions of 18 playing each other twice (Home and Away) automatic two up two down promotion/relegation, bottom club in second division relegated to be replaced by top non league club.

The existing bottom six of the present SFL go non league but can return through the pyramid system.

This system will give the bigger clubs an opportunity to blood young players against the so called smaller teams eliminating the fear of relegation, it wouldn't be perfect but it beats the present boring system.

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 14th Dec 2012, 05:04pm
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee-...lang-for-idiot/ laugh.gif

Decency and board protocol prevents me from repeating what they mean when Nigerians call somebody a complete "Stephen Thompson". wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 20th Dec 2012, 11:52pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
Best of luck mate, I hope things ease up in your personal life soon.....

"Annan Athletic: Harry Cairney resigns as manager after six years

Harry Cairney has resigned as manager of Annan Athletic, ending his second spell with the Third Division club after six years.
The 51-year-old cited family and health reasons, as well as recent poor results for his decision.
"In essence, I need to reduce my responsibilities and look after myself better than I am at present," he told Annan's website.
"The only way I can do this is to resign from my post at the club."
Continue reading the main story

At the moment, I am exhausted and need to recharge my batteries

Harry Cairney
Cairney and 10 first-team players had their arrival at Ibrox for their Division Three game against Rangers delayed by a broken down team bus on Tuesday.
And the part-timers' 3-0 defeat by the league leaders - Annan's fifth straight loss - proved to be his final game in charge.
''It is with much sadness but with no regrets that I have decided to resign from my post as manager of Annan Athletic Football Club," said Cairney, who had a previous one-year spell as Annan boss.
"In recent times, and I don't just mean the last month, I have found it very difficult to manage the time I spend with my family, my job and carrying out my duties as Annan Athletic manager.
"As a result I find it very difficult to switch off and relax and this has had a negative effect on my general health and well-being.
"The recent run of bad results has not made this any easier and I find myself worrying about football matters when I should be focusing on other areas of my life.
"At the moment, I am exhausted and need to recharge my batteries."
Cairney first took charge of Annan when they were in the East of Scotland League and has been manager since they were elected to the Scottish Football League in 2008.
They lost in a promotion play-off final to Albion Rovers in 2011 and Cairney also led them to two Challenge Cup semi-finals.
However, they have slipped down to eighth place in Division Three this season.
"As you know, results usually change for the good when a manager departs a club and I am sure this will also be the case at Annan Athletic," Cairney added.
The club have yet to make a statement about the departure. Assistant manager Euan Brydson will take charge of the team for this weekend's match away to East Stirlingshire."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 22nd Dec 2012, 07:39pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footbal...llowing-1499274

--------------------

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th Aug 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.