Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

149 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Celtic Football Club, Scottish football
jojax64
post 30th Dec 2010, 02:08pm
Post #31

City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,789
Watch this wee sequence of events. Baffling, to say the least.

View My Video

--------------------
Nil Sine Labore
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 30th Dec 2010, 07:16pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,459
Hubert i just called tae say i luv you an a mean it fae the bottom o my heart wub.gif ,p.s Stevie Wonder is just aff the phone something aboot plagiarize ,sounds nasty i'll get the doctor tae check me oot the morra. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
hubert
post 5th Jan 2011, 03:47pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 31
Phew, what happened, another Neil Lennon hodge podge team took the field and the outcome was a very welcome and deserved win.
The enigma Samaras prior to his first well played and controlled goal had one good move a flick header for McCourt who almost scored Samaras was ineffective before that, then he gets tripped in the box and scores the penalty, so good for you Samaras!
Forster 7
Wilson 6
Rogne 6.5
Majstorovic 6.5
Izzaguirre 7
Forrest 5.5
Kayal 7 MOTM
Ledley 6.5
Mulgrew 6.5
McCourt 6.5
SamaraS 7

Referee 6.5
Rangers 6

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 6th Jan 2011, 01:13pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
Hi hubert happy new year phew ah thought you had been nobbled nice tae hear fae you and yes it was a lovely feeling 2.0 efter aw the things that wis gonna happen tae us there were scores o 3.nil etc getting bartered aboot but we prevailed .

You know pal fae midfield right through tae the defence we were a cpmpact unit and i think this really boils doon tae a solid midfield and i wid be in nae rush tae reintroduce broon ledley an kayal controlled aggression oops visitors ,anywies welcome back Huebert you were missed ,yer auld china butch

+Quote Post
weeshuggie
post 6th Jan 2011, 01:49pm
Post #35

City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,392
Got to agree wae Kayal, mom, but Ledley also gave wan of his better performances. In fact it was like a completely different team, Sammy wae confidence, a midfield wae bite and imagination and a defence that defended, will the real Glasgow Celtic please stand up.

+Quote Post
jojax64
post 6th Jan 2011, 02:21pm
Post #36

City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,789
Surprised me too, I thought Rangers would score in the first 20 mins. I was glad to go in 0-0 at half time, to be honest. Broonie wasn't missed at all, and I wouldn't automatically put him straight back into the team. mellow.gif

--------------------
Nil Sine Labore

+Quote Post
weeshuggie
post 6th Jan 2011, 02:27pm
Post #37

City Key Holder
Best game in a long time and without Brown, I would see how it goes without him Kayal seems capable of breaking down and attacking without resorting to getting caught in the headlights taking a player out, he does it more innocently without the scenes and will stay on the park longer.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 6th Jan 2011, 04:16pm
Post #38

Mega City Key Holder
Got to rush this post taking the wife to the airport she is going up to Seattle.
Thanks auldbutcher for the welcome and a Happy New Year to you too!
I would have no problem with Brown on the bench and cannae wait for Ljungberg to show, Lenny has a chance to form a strong steady regular first team, its up to him, players in or on form in a given game should get to stay, eg. I would have no problem with Samaras up the middle again, until he starts to fart around because he is very capable of that.
The game was no classic and the first half was not good both teams were a bit physical nae goals nae fitba so to speak, Rangers with a very slight edge, however Celtic were the better team in the second half and decerved the win!
Berwick Rangers in the cup at the weekend, coincidently my brother in law from East Lothian was here in Vegas in the summer, and another guy and his wife were here I took them to a few places too, he claims he works for Berwick Rangers his name is Alistair Davey, I think that was his name?

+Quote Post
weeshuggie
post 6th Jan 2011, 09:47pm
Post #39

City Key Holder
Well that's the last we'll hear fae you for a while if you hiv just got shot of the missus. You'll be on the razzle celebrating the double, gubbing the huns and a break fae the wife, sounds like a lottery win tae me.

Now will the Rangers be as good as the Glasgow wans this weekend.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 7th Jan 2011, 02:59pm
Post #40

Mega City Key Holder
Larsson says Lennon is the right man for the job.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Sport | Football

I am still not convinced yet about Lenny being the right man for the job, still aways to go this season, and the SPL title for Celtic could influence my opinion of Lenny!
The 2-0 win at Ibrox is not going be the answer yet for me, although it most certainly helps.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 8th Jan 2011, 04:38pm
Post #41

Mega City Key Holder
The Berwick Rangers football club website has a photo of the park covered in deep snow, they are asking for volunteers to go and clear the field.
I believe this game is on TV in Scotland but it might be off because of the snow and conditions.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 9th Jan 2011, 09:33pm
Post #42

Mega City Key Holder
Berwick Rangers 0 Celtic 2.
The game started at 7:30am my time and i had to be at my own game just after 8am so I saw the first goal and nothing after that.
What I saw was not verygood to say the least, sort of lack of cohesion and poor fitba, so I dont know if there was much improvement after that.
At the start I noticed Mulgrew being very fortunate not to get a penalty against him, also his play was poor, thought Samaras was lost once again, did he improve I wonder.
The commentator said a nice thing about young Forrest, yet it puzzled me, what he said was a winger can easier move inside against the defenders to beat them but to go up the wing and beat them with little space to do that takes talent or words to that affect, what puzzled me was Forrest had just lost the ball trying just that, so how the hell can that be cause for praise? Oh well!
I have noticed lately young Forrest getting high praises from Tic fans in other forums, yet I say his last two games prior to this one he was not that good.
We shall see as time goes on!

+Quote Post
auldbutcher
post 10th Jan 2011, 01:47pm
Post #43

Mega City Key Holder
Hi folks wee gers did them selves proud in fact they should have had an early penalty ,as fer forrest Huebert he is just back fae injury that and plus the fact its a tight wee pitch not the best of venue's fer a winger tae impose him self , the boy has a ferr turn o pace and delivers a great final ball intae dangerous positions i tnink he will bloom ,wee lenny don't know how many times i have written him aff and he comes back and leaves me wie egg on my coupon, as in the gers geme where he beat the silver fox at his ain geme nae mean feat time will tell by fer noo china ra butch.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 10th Jan 2011, 06:57pm
Post #44

Mega City Key Holder
Yes ab that should have been a penalty for Berwick.
About Lenny he is winning games and that is good, with the two Koreans coming back and additions to the squad its up to Lenny to get a regular team starting in games and up till now he hasnt done that, that is something that Walter Smith does and it works for him!
Another thing I find scary is Lenny likes Scott (yellow and red card) Brown.
We shall see come the end of the season.

+Quote Post
hubert
post 11th Jan 2011, 07:07pm
Post #45

Mega City Key Holder
Neil Lennon gets 6 match touchline ban.
Have not read read details yet.
Goodness bloody gracious!

+Quote Post

149 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.