Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tennis
Isobel
post 6th Sep 2008, 07:05pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 33
I have been waiting all afternoon for the semi final at Flushing Meadows New York. The Scottish fellow Andy Murray is in the semi. Can't believe it is going on right now and we can't even get an up date.They are so busy with the other semi featuring Federa. Anyone have any details.

--------------------
From Glasgow now in Canada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 6th Sep 2008, 08:37pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
Isobel Murray was leading 6-2 7-6 (7-5) and was down 2-3 when the rain stopped it! Whit a racket that is. laugh.gif
It is good that it happened as the break will only refresh Murray as it seems to be the longer he plays the weaker he gets!
Federer won the other semi!

+Quote Post
jaybee
post 7th Sep 2008, 10:55pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,800
Oor Andy made it, and made us all proud. He is in for a tough match tomorrow against Federer but regardless of the outcome he has made all tennis fans very proud. Personally, I feel if he doesn't lose his nerve he can do it. Well done oor Andy. Jaybee

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 7th Sep 2008, 11:46pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Wow Jim and I watched it here this afternoon, I honestly thought at one point it was going to go the other way. How I would love to see him win the title. He would be the first British win in over 60 years. I think it was Perry who won way back then. Go Andy go

--------------------

+Quote Post
Heather
post 9th Sep 2008, 10:45pm
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
Unfortunately Andy did not win the final but he did well to get that far.

He did earn himself a cool million pounds. smile.gif

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post
Isobel
post 10th Sep 2008, 03:20am
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Heather I think it was a million dollars. He is only 21 I think everyone knows he will be back next year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kentzo
post 17th Jun 2009, 08:07pm
Post #7

Special Visitor
Member No.: 3,984
I see the BBC had another go at Andy Murray on the 6 o’clock news tonight, describing him as being ‘dour’. Of course, English tennis players are renowned for their dazzling personality - who will ever forget ‘laugh-a minute’ Henman! And Federer and Nadal, well they just blow you away with their witty repartee. The English Establishment are so blinded with envy, they don’t recognise prejudice on their own doorstep.

+Quote Post
mitchell
post 12th Jan 2014, 11:00pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,377
Andy Murray is certainly going to feel the heat in the Aussie open as they are expecting record temps, hope there are no Eskimos playing. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
angel
post 2nd Jul 2014, 04:49pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675

I have not kept up with the news on wimbledon
so far ,but was sad to hear that Andy Murray
is now out of the tournament .
To think that last year his name was all over this board
by his fellow Scotsmen
and up until now , not a word .
Why am I not surprised !!!!!!! .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 2nd Jul 2014, 04:58pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
Enlighten us then, why are you not surprised?

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
angel
post 2nd Jul 2014, 05:22pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Jul 2014, 04:15pm) *
Enlighten us then, why are you not surprised?

and once again , I am not surprised it' is you who has posted
I see that you continue to stalk me . So whatever turns you on .!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
Elma
post 2nd Jul 2014, 05:27pm
Post #12

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
Canadian Eugenie Bouchard has reached the semi-finals, the first time a Canadian has reached this level. Between the World Cup and Wimbledon nothing much else is getting done!
Will see if Milos Raonic will do the same as Genie. Come on the Canadians...... clap.gif

+Quote Post
angel
post 2nd Jul 2014, 05:36pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder

I hope so Elma , just to reach and play in the finals , semi or Final
is quite an accomplishment . clap.gif yes.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 2nd Jul 2014, 06:41pm
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (angel @ 2nd Jul 2014, 05:39pm) *
and once again , I am not surprised it' is you who has posted
I see that you continue to stalk me . So whatever turns you on .!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont seem to get surprised a lot, is a crystal ball amongst your possessions?

I know you are a bit slow on the uptake and you have just found out how the quote function actually works but there is a 'new posts' button that will organise newest posts into order. This prevents people like myself trawling the forums, it's very handy and i wish all forums with multiple sections had them.
Anyway it shows the topic as Tennis, and seeing as i knew Andy Murray was playing thought i'd click on it, as most of the posts were from 2009 i read the last two, of which yours was one. In it you seem to be making some sort of statement about lack of discussion over a tennis player in a thread which was bumped from 2009!! Now not being on the same wavelength as yourself i have no idea what kind of point you were trying to make with the ' why am i not surprised' (the first one)?
being one of those Scotsmen being guilty of the crime of not discussing Andy Murray i'm genuinely intrigued at your post.
I also have my own 'suspicions' why there is a lack of of discussion, err there is the WORLD CUP on and that generally gets more attention from your red blooded Scotsman than a bit of Lawn tennis..
So there you go, you might ask the 'Scotswomen' or your fellow Canadians on why you are not discussing Andy Murray though.

PS stalking you would mean actually following your posts, and as for turning me on

PPS i would still like to know why you aren't surprised

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
angel
post 2nd Jul 2014, 06:59pm
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 2nd Jul 2014, 05:58pm) *
You dont seem to get surprised a lot, is a crystal ball amongst your possessions?

I know you are a bit slow on the uptake and you have just found out how the quote function actually works but there is a 'new posts' button that will organise newest posts into order. This prevents people like myself trawling the forums, it's very handy and i wish all forums with multiple sections had them.
Anyway it shows the topic as Tennis, and seeing as i knew Andy Murray was playing thought i'd click on it, as most of the posts were from 2009 i read the last two, of which yours was one. In it you seem to be making some sort of statement about lack of discussion over a tennis player in a thread which was bumped from 2009!! Now not being on the same wavelength as yourself i have no idea what kind of point you were trying to make with the ' why am i not surprised' (the first one)?
being one of those Scotsmen being guilty of the crime of not discussing Andy Murray i'm genuinely intrigued at your post.
I also have my own 'suspicions' why there is a lack of of discussion, err there is the WORLD CUP on and that generally gets more attention from your red blooded Scotsman than a bit of Lawn tennis..
So there you go, you might ask the 'Scotswomen' or your fellow Canadians on why you are not discussing Andy Murray though.

PS stalking you would mean actually following your posts, and as for turning me on

I see that you must have read your own post , I do hope that your toilet bowl was empty when you used it Probably not . laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.