Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brexit News, We told you so.
TeeHeeHee
post Today, 10:32am
Post #256

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448

EU citizens are being offered financial incentives to leave the UK, the Guardian has learned, months before the deadline to apply for settled status.
From 1 January EU citizens have quietly been added to the government’s voluntary returns scheme where financial support is offered as an encouragement to return to their country of origin.

Payments can include flights and up to 2,000 resettlement money. The scheme is designed to help some migrants in the UK to leave voluntarily.

People working to help vulnerable EU citizens in the UK said the offer of money to return home contradicted the government’s claim that it was doing everything it could to encourage people to register for settled status. The deadline for Europeans living in the UK to apply for the EU settlement scheme (EUSS) is 30 June.

Over here it was short and sweet. My local council sent me a letter shortly before the end of the year informing me that there would be certain changes which might affect my residency here, then gave me a link to read that through. A week ago I received another letter asking me to make an appointment and to bring a biometric pass-photo to be furnished with a Personal ID as a foreign national German resident.
No messing about or backtracking on promises; job done.

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post Today, 11:50am
Post #257

Mega City Key Holder
I don't know about the rest of you but I found it rather interesting hearing this guy's take on the referendum ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tc3O9EP7XM...=ADifferentBias

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 12:45pm
Post #258

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 27th Jan 2021, 11:50am) *
I don't know about the rest of you but I found it rather interesting hearing this guy's take on the referendum ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tc3O9EP7XM...=ADifferentBias

Yes, very interesting though i had to smile when he said that "there is no opposition to an independence campaign yet", clearly as he lives in England he's totally unaware that every English based political party's only election manifesto in all Westminster, Holyrood GE's, EU, and council elections since 2015 have been "NO TO INDYREF2". laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post Today, 03:46pm
Post #259

Mega City Key Holder
Puting it in the wrong topic was an oversight too rolleyes.gif
I think we'll see the opposition in full forcelike last time when it comes round again with every onee and their grannies in Westminsster and anyone who can play a guitar coming oop north to show us the error of our ways rolleyes.gif
Maybe this time the nae-sayers wont be taken in by their dross.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 05:40pm
Post #260

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 27th Jan 2021, 03:46pm) *
Puting it in the wrong topic was an oversight too rolleyes.gif
I think we'll see the opposition in full forcelike last time when it comes round again with every onee and their grannies in Westminsster and anyone who can play a guitar coming oop north to show us the error of our ways rolleyes.gif
Maybe this time the nae-sayers wont be taken in by their dross.

I think a lot of people who believed the lies and voted against Scotland being a normal country have had their eyes opened, though there still be some (we know who they are) who would still vote NO even if Johnson, Gove and Mogg burned their house down and shot their dog. yes.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th Jan 2021

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.