Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Memories Of Glasgow's Parks, How do you remember them?
*Billy Boil*
post 3rd Nov 2014, 10:31pm
Post #91

QUOTE (CharingCross @ 28th Aug 2014, 08:09am) *
My favourite park is Kelvingrove Park. Me and my friends lived in that place as a child. It's so beautiful now and all it took was the Commonwealth Games to fund its restoration.

The happy memories of my early child hood are centred on Kelvingrove (they even wrote a song for it). As I was reinstalling Picasa on my new computer, I noticed that the the greatest amount of the photos of me as a bairn were taken in Kelvingrove park. My father was big on taking photies and I appear in the park from around age two to thirteen. What a place of joy and wonder for we weans from the filthy part of the Clyde around the yairds and the docks. The fountains, ponds, the fantastic magic art "Gelleries". Was there a better place in Glesga? I doubt it very much.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.