Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

125 Pages V  « < 114 115 116 117 118 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coronovirus?, How it spreads!
JAGZ1876
post 27th Jun 2020, 09:11pm
Post #1726

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 27th Jun 2020, 05:14pm) *
It's the queues inside them: like 15 women waiting over 30 meters outside of each cubicle to try on clothing which will match their masks laugh.gif

Sorry THH, that is sexist and you leave me with no option to report you to Martin as this is no longer the 70's so that type of behaviour will no longer be tolerated.

Aye right.... 🤣
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wombat
post 27th Jun 2020, 10:53pm
Post #1727

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 27th Jun 2020, 04:14pm) *
It's the queues inside them: like 15 women waiting over 30 meters outside of each cubicle to try on clothing which will match their masks laugh.gif

cool.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 29th Jun 2020, 08:34am
Post #1728

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
I would have put a link on for Bjorks "it's oh so quiet" but I don't like the song so I didn't tongue.gif

It seems the police down south are expecting armageddon next Saturday as all the pubs get the green light to open again. It would have made more sense to have a phased opening or even a midweek start up but hey, that would take a bit of forethought and planning rolleyes.gif

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th Jun 2020, 10:24am
Post #1729

Mega City Key Holder
It's a pity we're not like a normal country and can control our own borders.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18547618....feedback-anchor

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 29th Jun 2020, 11:27am
Post #1730

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 27th Jun 2020, 10:11pm) *
Sorry THH, that is sexist and you leave me with no option to report you to Martin as this is no longer the 70's so that type of behaviour will no longer be tolerated.

Aye right.... 🤣

Ohhh nooo ... ohmy.gif

but I stand, justly, corrected: I guess I could have referred to 15 mothers but then I might have beem accuese of matronising tongue.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 29th Jun 2020, 06:34pm
Post #1731

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 29th Jun 2020, 09:34am) *
I would have put a link on for Bjorks "it's oh so quiet" but I don't like the song so I didn't tongue.gif

Four day's without a recorded death, some people will probably be in hiding until the deaths start rising then complain about how badly the SG are handling the situation.

I liked the song, but you may prefer Betty Hutton's 1951 version Ash. wink.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 29th Jun 2020, 07:28pm
Post #1732

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Jun 2020, 06:34pm) *

rolleyes.gif NAH this is better laugh.gif https://ozzyman.com/8machine-gun-kelly-trav...UOWlws56lPtuAlo
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 30th Jun 2020, 07:44am
Post #1733

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 29th Jun 2020, 07:34pm) *
Four day's without a recorded death, some people will probably be in hiding until the deaths start rising then complain about how badly the SG are handling the situation.

Now who would possibly behave like that rolleyes.gif

As for the song.....yes, I was her biggest fan back then cool.gif (sorry, we don't have an emoticon with a nose that grows tongue.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 30th Jun 2020, 10:14am
Post #1734

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 29th Jun 2020, 08:28pm) *

That's The Way To Do It
Attached Image

Oh no it isn't!

Attached Image

OH YES IT IS

Attached Image

tongue.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 30th Jun 2020, 10:19am
Post #1735

Mega City Key Holder
... and the next? huh.gif

New swine flu with pandemic potential identified by China researchers ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/...ina-researchers

... or is Trump still playing the Blame Game?

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post 2nd Jul 2020, 10:06am
Post #1736

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Aye, he has bought up the entire world stock of the virus medication. I’m all right Jack jumps out at me.

The UK has made promises to the people of Hong Kong that 3 million can come here if they so desire. The UK made commitments many years ago to the people of Hong Kong, and we have seen recently how the awful Chinese government intend to treat these people. I believe that it is morally right that the people have the support, and consideration of the UK government.

What I don’t get, and to this day it still amazes me, is that no government anywhere in the world is taking some form of action against the Chinese government for lying about Covid-19, or for keeping this virus contained within China. Perhaps unknown to us the World Health Organisation is currently considering this now, who knows.

Massive loss of life, businesses and economy right around the world. Yet nothing is said.

I’m baffled, saddened and angry!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
taurus
post 2nd Jul 2020, 11:38am
Post #1737

City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,391
our prime minister came right out and said it about China at least a month or more ago,and China immediately blacklisted us,a war of words now,and we are on a shaky hook,for they buy so much from Australia. China ,it would seem is too powerful for the rest of the world,tip toeing around them.they seem to have the upper hand.once upon a time,the UK was Australia`s best trading partner and ally,but the UK went to the EU and Aust turned to Asia. no choice.
now we have an enemy,in every way,they`ve disrupted the world as we knew it.I`m depressing myself here.

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 2nd Jul 2020, 11:50am
Post #1738

Mega City Key Holder
So masks will be mandatory in shops from the end of next week.........well not before time (where's that guy that kept banging on about them hiding rolleyes.gif ) I'm looking forward to hearing about when the lessons on wearing them start. On public transport (where they are already supposed to be mandatory) folk are either ignoring it or wearing them to get on and then pulling them off.

Of course I have my mask ready, but I'm not sure the world us ready for the rest of my Lone Ranger outfit tongue.gif Can you get a horse onto a First bus laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
carmella
post 2nd Jul 2020, 01:46pm
Post #1739

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (taurus @ 2nd Jul 2020, 12:38pm) *
our prime minister came right out and said it about China at least a month or more ago,and China immediately blacklisted us,a war of words now,and we are on a shaky hook,for they buy so much from Australia. China ,it would seem is too powerful for the rest of the world,tip toeing around them.they seem to have the upper hand.once upon a time,the UK was Australia`s best trading partner and ally,but the UK went to the EU and Aust turned to Asia. no choice.
now we have an enemy,in every way,they`ve disrupted the world as we knew it.I`m depressing myself here.

Taurus, I couldn’t agree more. Trump also blamed them. I am no fan of Trump, but that was his only outburst I had to agree with.

We are powerless against them, why, is all about trade, cheap labour and cheap prices.

Money, money, money.

The British government have made a hash of dealing with the virus, and they are bedfellows with the Chinese, also thinking of going 5G with them.

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Jul 2020, 05:36pm
Post #1740

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ashfield @ 2nd Jul 2020, 12:50pm) *
Of course I have my mask ready, but I'm not sure the world us ready for the rest of my Lone Ranger outfit tongue.gif Can you get a horse onto a First bus laugh.gif

I thought you'd be more of a Lone Celt Ash? laugh.gif

I got my new Jags mask today, so i'm ready. wink.gif

+Quote Post

125 Pages V  « < 114 115 116 117 118 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th Aug 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.