Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My First Broken Heart, romance
wellfield
post 14th Dec 2008, 08:18pm
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,235
When I was drafted,I'd been in a few weeks and got a "Dear John"--ah thought it wis a mistake' cause that wisnie ma name!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 15th Dec 2008, 12:33am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
I hated getting chucked, but I hated having to do the chucking bit to a guy just as much , one time I wanted to split up wae this guy as he was begining to get too serious I could tell because all he ever wanted to do was babysit for his sisters weans on a Sat night rolleyes.gif and never go out. I wasn't interested in babysitting on a Sat night rolleyes.gif anyway I asked my mother to do it for me and she almost had a fit, made me tell him myself oh whit a riddy we both had especially me.

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 15th Dec 2008, 04:27am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
Ocht that 1st love is always the killer I recal my 1st love but we were always so darned friendly we never made it to the boyfriend girlfriend stage.There was this one time, I bumped into him after we left school,well I was trembling & awe wastit when he said to me why did we never get to go on a date Linda? I said ocht ahm guessing we were too pally ,he laughed & said to me would you like to meet me tomorow night for drinks & we can give it a go? yeah I said in great delight trembling & dizzy at the same time, However as the song says "UNTILL HE KISSED ME "OMG He kissed me goodnight & I truly decided there n then Nah ahm no gaun tae meet uhm the morra his kiss was so slobbery wet I felt I'd been attacked by a school of fish EEK!!!!! so I gave my 1st love my 1st ever Dissy laugh.gif

I too hated to chuck people lass but usualy had to do it as for some reason or another the guys didney seem tae want tae chuck me . wanna my fellas [the guy I dated & thought I loved before I met Neil]was actualy two timing me rether than chuck me .I was livid & poured a pint oer his heid telling him your dumped ! we were in the pub where i knew he was going to be[his best pal telt me as he was dating my pal at the time]All of his mates left the pub with me & 2 of his pals hit on me that night Oh what a night! laugh.gif

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 15th Dec 2008, 06:34am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
My first love was a guy called Davie , we were an on off relationship for a few years.He left Glasgow and moved to Shetland , well his sister and I went up to visit him and I decided I was going back to live there one day , which I did, not because of Davie , he was well and truly hooked by someone else by this time and is still married to her to this day , they have 3 children and 5 grandchildren.I only mention it as he was instrumental in the path my life took.We are still in touch with each other and I am still friends with his sister too.

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 15th Dec 2008, 08:38pm
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 14th Dec 2008, 11:33pm) *
My first love was a guy called Davie , we were an on off relationship for a few years.He left Glasgow and moved to Shetland , well his sister and I went up to visit him and I decided I was going back to live there one day , which I did, not because of Davie , he was well and truly hooked by someone else by this time and is still married to her to this day , they have 3 children and 5 grandchildren.I only mention it as he was instrumental in the path my life took.We are still in touch with each other and I am still friends with his sister too.
Aye' but just think penny dainty,ye could've had a wee pony!

+Quote Post
Harrymc
post 15th Dec 2008, 10:54pm
Post #21

Special Visitor
Member No.: 5,658
QUOTE (wellfield @ 14th Dec 2008, 09:17pm) *
When I was drafted,I'd been in a few weeks and got a "Dear John"--ah thought it wis a mistake' cause that wisnie ma name!

Just caught this story by Tommie and the various comments.It's nice to know that I'm not abnormal still remembering the girl I left behind 50 years ago.Although happily married for close on 40 years now and with a wonderful family including 3 grandchildren certain songs and places still get me wondering what might have been.Don't feel so guilty about these thoughts after reading these posts.Thanks Tommie.
BTW Take no notice of Wellfield.He's a jester.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 15th Dec 2008, 11:45pm
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Hey Harrymc you just mind it,ah know where you live---but its still nice to see you onboard good friend!

+Quote Post
penny dainty
post 17th Dec 2008, 05:37am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,591
QUOTE (wellfield @ 16th Dec 2008, 06:37am) *
Aye' but just think penny dainty,ye could've had a wee pony!

Well welli I gave birth to three wee Shetlanders, my son being the heaviest at 9lb 14 oz , so he was my wee pony laugh.gif

--------------------
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 17th Dec 2008, 06:00am
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 16th Dec 2008, 10:36pm) *
Well welli I gave birth to three wee Shetlanders, my son being the heaviest at 9lb 14 oz , so he was my wee pony laugh.gif
Bless your heart!

+Quote Post
tombro
post 17th Dec 2008, 09:29am
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,289
My first broken heart was an absolutely stunning redhead called Diane.

We both lived at 17 Airgold Drive in 'the Drum' and we were both ten years old when I left there, to emigrate to Australia, at the end of 1960.

I often wonder why I still have this 'hard' spot for redheads !

Tombro wub.gif

--------------------
Today is the first day of the rest of your life !

+Quote Post
Harrymc
post 17th Dec 2008, 01:13pm
Post #26

Special Visitor
QUOTE (wellfield @ 16th Dec 2008, 12:44am) *
Hey Harrymc you just mind it,ah know where you live---but its still nice to see you onboard good friend!

Wellie my friend - I know ye've retired but do you spend ALL your time on the 'pooter??
Best,
Harry

+Quote Post
glasgow lass
post 17th Dec 2008, 02:10pm
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,697
Thats funny penny, the wee'ist love of ma life wieghted at 6lb 5oz ,scronny wee terrier so he was would roll up intae a wee ball so couldn't find him in his big crib. wub.gif

+Quote Post
wellfield
post 17th Dec 2008, 06:29pm
Post #28

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Harrymc @ 17th Dec 2008, 06:12am) *
Wellie my friend - I know ye've retired but do you spend ALL your time on the 'pooter??
Best,
Harry
Aye' Harry,that makes two of us,but its only this last year that I showed any interest in the computer,and I am now fascinated by it,and love to discuss the "old country" with the good residents of this fine site and others(I think am oan mair sites than the auld night watchies)and if you're reffering to my red rimmed eyes,my blood clots from sitting too long at this screen,the 20 pound weight gain,the wife and weans no talking tae me,the piles o' photies and clippings that surround me----Och' it's a doddle!---ahl jist away noo tae do some gardening,trim the bushes,clean the pool,go to the gym,wash the windies,put up the Christmas lights and decorations,go shopping wi the wife,take out the trash,write Christmas cards,talk to the family on the phone,practise ma guitar,go dancing wi the wife 2 or 3 times a month,oh' aye' and driving 150 miles round trip to see the Grandson every week,ah even found time last weekend to put on a garage sale,and ahve almost finished that book on "How to climb a mountain"and the other one "Time on my Hands"

+Quote Post
Harrymc
post 17th Dec 2008, 10:22pm
Post #29

Special Visitor
QUOTE (wellfield @ 17th Dec 2008, 07:28pm) *
Aye' Harry,that makes two of us,but its only this last year that I showed any interest in the computer,and I am now fascinated by it,and love to discuss the "old country" with the good residents of this fine site and others(I think am oan mair sites than the auld night watchies)and if you're reffering to my red rimmed eyes,my blood clots from sitting too long at this screen,the 20 pound weight gain,the wife and weans no talking tae me,the piles o' photies and clippings that surround me----Och' it's a doddle!---ahl jist away noo tae do some gardening,trim the bushes,clean the pool,go to the gym,wash the windies,put up the Christmas lights and decorations,go shopping wi the wife,take out the trash,write Christmas cards,talk to the family on the phone,practise ma guitar,go dancing wi the wife 2 or 3 times a month,oh' aye' and driving 150 miles round trip to see the Grandson every week,ah even found time last weekend to put on a garage sale,and ahve almost finished that book on "How to climb a mountain"and the other one "Time on my Hands"

Fascinating stuff.especially a' the items you listed that Pat takes care of.lol.I've only scanned this site occasionally since I joined in May and I noticed you put up half o' thon photie o' ma maw and da wi' oor Davie in his Peter Pan coat.It's amazing what this internet leads to.
I noticed you and siccar put up some smashing Christmas pics of your abodes after I put ma wee home made card on the other site.We only have a wee hoose an' nae garden(thank God) as land is at a premium over here.We're comfy and content though and I'm only 3 minutes from the local club and five minutes from the prom on the southern side of the Mersey.Of all the places in England for a Scot to land up in I reckon the big man wis lookin' after me when he guided me to Merseyside.
Have a great Christmas with the family and wee Cash.
My youngest daughter is spending Christmas with us and we've got her wee fella Hugo (9 months) here to join the two granddaughters who live locally.I'm lookin' forward to it.They all laugh at me when I get my Jim Reeves,Andy Williams and Slim Whitman records oot at this time of year.
Who cares.
Cheers,
Harry

+Quote Post
Heather
post 17th Dec 2008, 10:54pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 664
I sent my best friend to tell the guy I had been going out with on and off for two years I had another boyfriend. I married the other boyfriend. laugh.gif

Pat, the first boyfriend, was a bit fickle anyway.

--------------------
Heather.......I'm tartan. Alba gu Brath. Saor Alba

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.