Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

231 Pages V  « < 229 230 231  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 1 V
JAGZ1876
post 19th Jan 2018, 12:22pm
Post #3451

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
If it's going to be “catastrophic” for Ireland you can multiply that by 27 for the UK as they try to do trade deals with the countries they already have trade deals with. yes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 19th Jan 2018, 10:52pm
Post #3452

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 19th Jan 2018, 12:22pm) *
If it's going to be “catastrophic” for Ireland you can multiply that by 27 for the UK as they try to do trade deals with the countries they already have trade deals with. :yes:

Jagz, where did you get the figure 27 from? A catastophe is just that. You can't get any worse.

You are what we used to call a barrack room lawyer. Someone that shouts at the rest of us, because you think are so much more intelligent than the rest of us.

Lets take some examples. At present, depending on the time of year, much of the fruit in the shops comes from Spain. Are you telling me that Spanish fruit growers are going to say, "No more of our fruit goes to the UK"?

Are you going to tell me that countries in South America, South Africa, and countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, are not sitting quietly in the background, waiting to negotiate trade deals with the UK?

This is how we survived during World War II. There were no trade deals with Europe!

You seem to have missed out, that our hands are tied at the moment for doing trade deals with these non-EU countries.

How about giving us some hard facts to back up your asseration. Tell us the value of non-food items we import from the EU, and the value of these same items we import from the Far East.

Remember to include in your figures, this catagory of products that are initially imported from China to EU countries like Spain, then sent to the UK as exports from an EU country. Nice wee trick of manipulating the trade figures.

Gullible Danny

+Quote Post
angel
post Y'day, 01:30am
Post #3453

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675

Canada's largest trading partners...

USA
Europe
UK
and other countries .

Also canada has, NAFTA' = North american free trade
agreement since the 1990's that is now being renegotiated
but it looks like Trump is doing his utmost to put a spoke
in the wheel .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
angel
post Y'day, 06:18am
Post #3454

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
QUOTE (angel @ 20th Jan 2018, 12:30am) *
Canada's largest trading partners...

USA
Europe
UK
and other countries .

Also canada has, NAFTA' = North american free trade
agreement since the 1990's that is now being renegotiated
but it looks like Trump is doing his utmost to put a spoke
in the wheel .

China is Canada's second largest trading partner, the USA .
is Canada's largest partner.

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 09:22am
Post #3455

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 19th Jan 2018, 10:52pm) *
Jagz, where did you get the figure 27 from? A catastophe is just that. You can't get any worse.

You are what we used to call a barrack room lawyer. Someone that shouts at the rest of us, because you think are so much more intelligent than the rest of us.

Are you going to tell me that countries in South America, South Africa, and countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, are not sitting quietly in the background, waiting to negotiate trade deals with the UK?

They will have to have trade agreements with the other EU countries so if it is a "catastrophe" for Ireland then what makes you think it will be plain sailing for the UK?

I have never claimed to be more intelligent than anyone else Danny, you must be confusing me with John.

I'm not going to "tell you" anything about those other countries (that we actually do trade with at the moment) that you have mentioned Danny.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post Y'day, 09:58am
Post #3456

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
The U.K.s trade with 2/3rds of the EU countries is negligable, not so with Germany and Spain in particular who have massive trade balances with us in their favour. The Germans will have to cut
production of Mercs and Beemers with a resultant loss of jobs and the Spanish will be up to their ears in unsold Rioja.

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 11:15am
Post #3457

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 20th Jan 2018, 09:22am) *
They will have to have trade agreements with the other EU countries so if it is a "catastrophe" for Ireland then what makes you think it will be plain sailing for the UK?

I have never claimed to be more intelligent than anyone else Danny, you must be confusing me with John.

I'm not going to "tell you" anything about those other countries (that we actually do trade with at the moment) that you have mentioned Danny.

Jagz, why are you asking me, what makes me think it will be plain sailing for the UK? I have never made that claim. One of the reasons I have never made that claim is, because events since the Brexit vote have shown that it will be anything but plain sailing.

I have never experienced an outcome after a democratic vote has taken place, where the losers want the result to be ignored! Please, please do not talk about democracy. That includes the SNP

Paddy Ashdown former leader of the Lib-Dems, wants a re-run of the Brexit referendum!
Who do these has beens think they are? Another example of certain people trying to obstruct the Brexit proceedings.

I am not confusing you with anyone else. You have made numerous comments regarding people with opposing views to yours, that they are devout readers of the right wing press, that we are gullible.

You and Bilbo come across as if you are political experts and the rest of us have no knowledge of life.
You don't use the word 'intelligent'. You just use a superior insulting tone, That is why so many people have left this forum.

Danny

+Quote Post
wombat
post Y'day, 07:09pm
Post #3458

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (DannyH @ 20th Jan 2018, 11:15am) *
You and Bilbo come across as if you are political experts and the rest of us have no knowledge of life.
You don't use the word 'intelligent'. You just use a superior insulting tone, That is why so many people have left this forum.

Danny

laugh.gif Bwahahahahahaha
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 07:13pm
Post #3459

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 20th Jan 2018, 10:58am) *
The U.K.s trade with 2/3rds of the EU countries is negligable, not so with Germany and Spain in particular who have massive trade balances with us in their favour. The Germans will have to cut
production of Mercs and Beemers with a resultant loss of jobs and the Spanish will be up to their ears in unsold Rioja.

Dinna fash yersel aboot the Rioja, DJ. Ah've goat the matter in hand! yes.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 07:20pm
Post #3460

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
I see auld Daffy is still at it! I have to laugh as he is the one who is always telling me that I have no knowledge of life in Scotland. I admire Jagz's forbearance in the face of such provocation, but I call a spade a spade, and an auld eejit an auld eejit.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 07:39pm
Post #3461

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (DannyH @ 20th Jan 2018, 11:15am) *
Jagz, why are you asking me, what makes me think it will be plain sailing for the UK? I have never made that claim.

I am not confusing you with anyone else. You have made numerous comments regarding people with opposing views to yours, that they are devout readers of the right wing press, that we are gullible.

You don't use the word 'intelligent'. You just use a superior insulting tone

I know you never made that claim Danny, but you did ask me to explain my post to one of your fellow separatists who seems more interested in the impact Brexit will have on other countries than it will to the one he actually lives in.

I doubt if i have said any GG posters are "devout readers of the right wing press" or even "gullible".

I'm glad you have admitted that i don't claim to be more intelligent than other posters, and i never use a "superior insulting tone", i would never tell other posters that "i live in the real world" for example.

Now that really would be using a superior insulting tone. yes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 07:45pm
Post #3462

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 20th Jan 2018, 07:20pm) *
I admire Jagz's forbearance in the face of such provocation, but I call a spade a spade, and an auld eejit an auld eejit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCCG2Z9LoVk

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Y'day, 11:56pm
Post #3463

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 20th Jan 2018, 07:20pm) *
I see auld Daffy is still at it! I have to laugh as he is the one who is always telling me that I have no knowledge of life in Scotland. I admire Jagz's forbearance in the face of such provocation, but I call a spade a spade, and an auld eejit an auld eejit.

Jagz, I hope you are looking in at the latest posts in this forum.

What was it you were saying about this being a forum for discussion?

I think there comes a time when enough is enough. Bilbo is one of those persons who thinks he is intelligent, but the man is so vain, he doesn’t realise he comes across as a fool.

He lacks the intelligence to contribute to this forum in a correct manner, He can only insult people like me, for the simple reason that he hasn’t got the ability or the intelligence to conduct himself properly in any debate that requires thought. His one line of response is insults.

This forum will not change anything. It was meant to be a forum where people could express their different views.

His pal Wombat is a wind up merchant. Thinks he is funny.

I have always put you above these two balloons, and I still do, but I think you will find that the only three who post on this forum on a regular basis will be you and your two buddies. As far as I am concerned, the floor is all yours, Bilbo’s and Wombat’s. Apparently my age seems to give them childish delight. What that tells me about Bilbo, is he hasn’t got the intelligence to respond to my posts. I am not asking, or expecting him to agree with me, but I do expect to be treated respectfully.

Danny

+Quote Post

231 Pages V  « < 229 230 231
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Jan 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.