Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> School Memories Were They The Best Days?, Teachers and 1st & last day of school etc
Rating 4 V
lindamac
post 21st Feb 2007, 06:21pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
I remember My dad was the one to take me to my 1st day of school & to stop me crying he says al give ye hauf a croon if ye don`t greet camoan doll yer gonna dae fine & your gonny enjoy spending yer haufcroon at 12oclock laugh.gif he was so right I did as he took me tae woolies at 12noon efter getting me frae school alas it didn`t stay joyus as I had experiences of beatings & being locked in cupboards later on in the 1st few months thereafter,so sad it was & my mum faught with the system etc to stop this woman as did many other mums/dads that teachers name haunts me today the dreadfull Mrs Pitt with her orange overall oan tap o her claes heebyjeebys am getting remembering it noo any hoo witts yer stories GGGems camoan & share thum here with us all. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 21st Feb 2007, 10:32pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Take it aweboady hated school & would prefer not to chat aboot it och well a tried tae bring yees summitt new 11 hits not a comment says it awe shame int it wurr runin oota hings tae blether aboot hahaha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Avril
post 21st Feb 2007, 10:47pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,509
Hi Lindyloo, I loved my days at Miltonbank Primary School and broke my heart when I had to leave to go to Albert Senior Secondary School. I made lots of great pals from Springburn, Balornock and Barmulloch at Albert but as far as a school goes, I never really enjoyed my time there. I didn't really like the teachers, oh that is except for one, Mr Kirk, who taught English and History. All the lassies at the school had a crush on him, not only was he good-looking but he was a great teacher too, I did very well in English and History that year!!! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
BOOKS..What's For Ye, Won't Go By Ye/Chasin' that Carrot/Mammograms Save Lives/Time Makes Changes/Treachery and Triumph...TV DRAMA..Broken Promises ...website www.avrilsaunders.co.uk

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 22nd Feb 2007, 08:37pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
rolleyes.gif Being a typycal woman ( i like tae correct my mistakes & sort oot a wrongdoing haha) I think I would like to withdraw my attitude post number 2 seeing as I was trying tae be funny haha but on reading it back again I can see its in bad taste ,people have tae get a chance tae post & I see someone who doesn`t know my sort of humour mibees would think am in a huff laugh.gif Anyhoo GGers jist wantit tae retract the attitude which appears now to be silly & may be taken out of context GGGems so take yer times feel free tae pop in & blether aboot yer school days. I was never intae school in a big way but I now reflect & know there was many a rerr teacher & some no so rerr haha. I know what yer meaning aboot pals fancying a teacher Georgia as wan lassie I knew fell head over heels over our 2nd yr French teacher Mr MacTaggert haha poor lassie used to get breathless in his presence & often faintit in his class he was a great teacher made french interesting,he liked a rerr laff & wan day caught me smoking a fagg in the sheds wi ither pals aboot me & he came right up tae me & confiscated ma ciggs & even took the one from my hand & smoked it haha saing thats witt ye get furr getting caught hahaha. One time it was arranged for my friends big brother to have an engagement party. Anyhoo as I was longterm pal I got to go along ,I was 15yrs so anyways walks in feeling awe grown up etc then a was blown away wi a feather haha My science teacher was there & I kilt masell laffing awe night cos he was sooo drunk he said get yersell hame oota here yer too young tae be at same party as me hahaha he swore me tae secrecy seeing as I saw him in a socialsetup drunk smoking & snoggin his girlfriend haha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 28th Feb 2007, 04:40am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
biggrin.gif Just had a wee thought which was provoked by oor Javas Diary,she was chatting aboot her scraps n her rods at school so off I went doon a walk through memory lane remembering the great days of the Elmvales Primary school days. How I just adored Plastecine /painting Fridays & my dress up days awe us girls fighting tae be a bride wi the 1 & only White piece of Terelyne curtaining haha how funny were them days & how come there was only 1 curtain haha we had so many fights oer that curtain us girlys rolleyes.gif so any ways I remember the library book day where ye cin read a book selected frae the huge big Hinged library cases(dyee Mind o thum?) any ways the rerr time was always at christmas time wherin if ye wurr good ye got picked tae peel back the Class advent calendar square haha(dyee mind the wee square window with a number of the day oan it?) Who thinks they widd like tae jine in with thurr wee school memoirs if yer feeling like it moan in here n pitt yer wee story or favourite thing in & if ye canny mind then witt aboot yer grandchild or cousins wean or yer neighbours anyways moan in & share the wee times with us awe here. Och school days when we wurr oblivious to so much that went oan roon aboot us eh?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Melody
post 28th Feb 2007, 06:47am
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Linda ye made me smile this morning, that bit of net curtain served as a beautiful veil for us brides sure it did? I used tae love ma roller skates ye know how we used to have straps on them that attached tae yer shoes. laugh.gif An' ma big bride doll, wonder where she went? Do ye know we were conditioned intae thinkin' that a man was the answer tae everythin'. Ah suppose he was in those days. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Java
post 28th Feb 2007, 08:29am
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,211
Aw Linda, whit huv ye done……this is wan o’ them that wis buried way way beneath aw the other jumble in ma heid but when ah read aboot the wee pull oot library, it’s right back at the toap…..

If ye’d been very, very good, oor teacher let ye be first tae pick a library book. Ah canny mind whit ah’d done, but ah wis first this day. That proud o’ masel, goin ower tae the library wi a swagger, wee backwards smirk tae ma pals, cos ah know ah’m getting the Secret Seven...

Ah musta been concentratin oan bein gallus, cos tae this day ah don’t know how it happent, but ah musta swung the library too hard cos the next thing a know, the nature table’s cowped an there’s bitsa leaves an berries an acorns and stuff everywhere. Ye’da thoat a tornado hud went through a national park…..ah wis mortified…..ah wis oan ma hauns an knees forever pickin up the bits an tryin match them back tae the wee bit card stuck oan the table. By the time ah wis done, the Secret Seven hud took thur lashinsa ginger beer away oan a mission wi sumdy else…..ah think ah wis left wi the Ladybird Book of Aeroplanes or something equally rivetin’……

Wis a stupit place tae put a nature table onyway…..

--------------------
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails...

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 28th Feb 2007, 09:13am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
wub.gif laugh.gif Och I know witt ye mean Java cos thats witt a was meaning pal ,how yeed be dying Or tremlin saying a wee prayer intae yersell Oh please let ma enid Blyton or my Judith books be therr by the time its ma turn hahaha or a hope am no left wi the book aboot fishing or sunny the Golden retriever with the big orange baw haha I felt awe chuffed cos a was an advanced reader quite early in the piece annawe haha loved the what Katy did books noo theres another favourite , crikey am remembering thum awe noo,the Gilmore girls hahaha yer equaly as Bad Java cos it is your ain fault furr talking aboot Janet & John books haha Yeed be ferr n square oan that yin oor Melody cos we were shaped tae look tae the man furr oor everything &the young yins Have nae clue the day what we awe went through etc regarding Men 1st,Always we did wee hooses,Brides & wee shoaps etc awe catering furr the men,dyee mind how we could never get a fella tae be the faither we had tae get anither lassie cos the boys felt that was beneath thum haha. Witt aboot Music & movement?dae yees mind o having oan yer wee skirt n short knickers tae dae the daft dancing & excersises oot in the assembly square crikey ,the music would stutter oota yon Triangle speakers hahaTeachers watchfull eyes oan us tae make sure we awe did witt the man oan the speaker telt us tae dae haha them were the days hey mabe kids need that back in the schools nooadays. Och naw heres anither yin a mind of being taught ...........Peter & The Wolf via that same triangular speaker in the class where yeed be taught how a story could be telt through music och them wurr rerr days wint they?

--------------------

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 28th Feb 2007, 09:14pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
my first day at school was horrible a wanted hame and the teacher ms kelly locked the door of the classroom and thew me against the raidiator and a banged my head a hated school from then on in and a still have nightmares of that day

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
marina
post 1st Mar 2007, 05:39pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,137
i absolutely hated school but i think this is because i went to quite a few through no fault of my own i might add lol, although the reason for this became clear not so long ago to me but never mind i dont need to go back, i wouldnt mind school now i think cos my daughter has a great time in and out of school but then again she is more outgoing than me--------oh shut up marina your babbling lol

--------------------
Slinte mhor a h-uile l a chi 's nach fhaic

+Quote Post
keelie gal
post 2nd Mar 2007, 01:19pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,519
I remember my first day at school ,getting dressed up in all your new uniform and having to line up in the playground wi yer mammie till yer name was called to go in and ye were told what class you would be going in to ,i can clearly remember panicking and tugging on my mammies arm saying remember ma and tell her i can only count to 10 i was so worried aboot that ,then at lunch time a wee boy called tommy fisher came up to me in the playground and kicked me in the shin ,i wasnae worried aboot the pain just upset that he left a big dirty mark on my white kneee length socks laugh.gif

--------------------
ITS NICE TO BE NICE

+Quote Post
Alex Saville
post 2nd Apr 2007, 08:47pm
Post #12

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,890
My first day at school was at Gairbraid Primary, Maryhill. I thought it was great, you just went in, gave your name, and went home! Nobody mentioned you had to go back for the next TEN YEARS!
Second morning (I remember it well) I grabbed the railings outside the school and wouldn't go in! Nonetheless, ten years in the pen was my lot.
Georgia
I used to live just along the street from Miltonbank Primary in Scalpay St. One of the great mysteries of my life is that I had to go to Chirnsyde when there was a school just up the street!
Alex

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 18th Jul 2007, 01:34pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
i just found out that my da went to springbank academy in maryhill a think so thats me learned sumthing new
laugh.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
petalpeeps
post 16th Oct 2007, 01:35am
Post #14

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,923
I remember the pull out library . Went to Dunard Street Primary in Maryhill . Don't remember too much about ma first day , but certainly remember ma first teacher . Miss Smith , she would throw the duster at you , and smack you across the fingers with the pointer . Ma mother found out she had smacked my fingers and went up to see her about it . She asked all the children in the class before going in , of course Miss Smith couldn't remember this incident from the day before ,but had to back down when told everybody else did . There were lots of incidences like this in schools in the early sixties , in those days some teachers took liberties . A lot of children didn't need it as home life wasn't exactly a bowl of cherries either .

+Quote Post
maryhillgal
post 16th Oct 2007, 01:44am
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,960
Did you go to North Kelvinside P/Peeps? Had a lot of people from Dunard Street in my class at NKS.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.