Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Craigbank Secondary School Reunion 2008, 30yr REUNION...left in 1978
*Bob1210*
post 10th Jul 2008, 11:28pm
Post #1

We are having a school reunion in Glasgow City Centre on 30th August.
Anyone from the past who went to Craigbank Sec in the seventies is welcome.
It would be good to see anyone who I knew in Priesthil in that time.
I left school in 1978. But folk from the area will be most welcome to come along because its always good to see some old faces from the past. There is no venue been chosen yet but that will be done soon so if interested just get in touch and I will give you whatever info I can.

Bob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Bob1210*
post 22nd Jul 2008, 12:07am
Post #2

Theres been a few people looked at my posting of our 30th year Reunion but no one has been on these boards that went to school with me sad.gif .....didny anyone go tae ma school? Wis ah dreamin? Mibees it was jist wan big dream......... mibeees ah huvny hud an education n am a dafty.
Naw, I'm no huvin that...... I definitely went tae Craigie in the seventies. I even remember wee Shuggy Hume making me sit doon so he could get a better skelp at ma hauns when the blighter wis givin me the belt.

Anyway, I hope someone says summit.

30th August in The Goose oan Union Street at 8pm.... if yer interestit.

Bob fae the Priesty (if ye know whit ah mean)

wink.gif

+Quote Post
*archie mcconnell*
post 9th Dec 2008, 11:27pm
Post #3

hi im archie mcconnell. i went to craigie in the seventies. myself frankie mcalear and eddie binnie. it was fun .i hated miss chrighton but liked mr mcgill. the best laugh i ever had was at dinner break me and eddie hung back to go in to the dinner hall last so we could get extra chips but the door was closed we were starving bu at geography class i lod the tacher this he let us go down to have our dinner during lessons great the other boys in the class were spittin mad what a memory. see ya .

+Quote Post
*Wullie Hunter*
post 28th Jun 2009, 02:13pm
Post #4

I went to Craigbank from 68 through till 72. Left Glesga in 72 and have just returned at the beginning of June 2009.

Our Maths teacher (Alexander ???) came into the class late one day shouting at the noise we were making. Doh. !!! When we were eventually quiet, he told us "I can't work under the general hubbub in this classroom". Very slowly and very quietly I began to whisper hubbub hubbub, until the whole class had joined in, so much so, you couldn't hear yourself think.

From then on Alexander(?) was known as "General Hubbub"

Sorry I missed the getogether, would have loved to have been there.

Bill

+Quote Post
*Mary Crawford*
post 23rd Oct 2009, 12:22am
Post #5

QUOTE (Bob1210 @ 11th Jul 2008, 12:27am) *
I left school in 1978. But folk from the area will be most welcome to come along because its always good to see some old faces from the past. There is no venue been chosen yet but that will be done soon so if interested just get in touch and I will give you whatever info I can.

Bob

+Quote Post
*Mary Crawford*
post 23rd Oct 2009, 12:38am
Post #6

hi Bob
Just found this site. ohmy.gif

I left Craigie in 1978 and lived in Peat Road.
My elder sister and brother also went there but left long before I did.

I hope you had a good turn out at your planned runion.

That was a great idea. Wish I had seen the site before.

I moved to Dundee in 1984 and lost touch with most of my friends......... well all of them realy. sad.gif

I'm happy here in Dundee though. Great to walk down memory lane occasionally.
take care
Mary

+Quote Post
*jim hutchinson*
post 16th Jan 2010, 05:52pm
Post #7

QUOTE (Bob1210 @ 10th Jul 2008, 11:26pm) *

Bob

+Quote Post
*margaret young*
post 24th Oct 2010, 06:58pm
Post #8

QUOTE (Wullie Hunter @ 28th Jun 2009, 03:09pm) *
I went to Craigbank from 68 through till 72. Left Glesga in 72 and have just returned at the beginning of June 2009.

Our Maths teacher (Alexander ???) came into the class late one day shouting at the noise we were making. Doh. !!! When we were eventually quiet, he told us "I can't work under the general hubbub in this classroom". Very slowly and very quietly I began to whisper hubbub hubbub, until the whole class had joined in, so much so, you couldn't hear yourself think.

From then on Alexander(?) was known as "General Hubbub"

Sorry I missed the getogether, would have loved to have been there.

Bill

+Quote Post
snowman123
post 2nd Feb 2011, 12:05am
Post #9

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,303
I went to Craigie until the late 70's and it was a great time. I didn't think that at the time though.
I wish I could go back now !!! Too late was the cry !!!

oh, well. smile.gif

--------------------
They are the champions because they are the best !!!

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 2nd Feb 2011, 10:55pm
Post #10

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 91
QUOTE (archie mcconnell @ 10th Dec 2008, 12:05am) *
hi im archie mcconnell. i went to craigie in the seventies. myself frankie mcalear and eddie binnie. it was fun .i hated miss chrighton but liked mr mcgill. the best laugh i ever had was at dinner break me and eddie hung back to go in to the dinner hall last so we could get extra chips but the door was closed we were starving bu at geography class i lod the tacher this he let us go down to have our dinner during lessons great the other boys in the class were spittin mad what a memory. see ya .

Archie, did you live in Priesthill - Kaim Drive???

--------------------
Jim D

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit - NO man is at all hours wise.

+Quote Post
snowman123
post 2nd Feb 2011, 11:19pm
Post #11

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,303
QUOTE (Jim D @ 2nd Feb 2011, 10:33pm) *
Archie, did you live in Priesthill - Kaim Drive???

Jim
I dont think Archie's profile is still active.
*was it not the toffs that lived in Kaim Drive with their lovely wee gerdens? sad.gif

--------------------
They are the champions because they are the best !!!

+Quote Post
*elizabeth graham*
post 13th Feb 2011, 01:03pm
Post #12

Hi all,
I went to Craigbank in the 70s, still live in Glasgow, & my mum still lives in Pollok

+Quote Post
titch54
post 11th Oct 2011, 02:18pm
Post #13

Unpacking
Member No.: 11,942
i was at graigbank in the 70s best and worst years off my puff i remember the the first time we saw the pool for swimming lessons i thought i was a smart arse and took a runny before the teacher could say anything and dived in head first only to find to my cost that it was the shallow end resulting in a bollocking off the teacher and a burst napper my best mate was i big guy called james maitland ithink he came from shilton drive do i miss those days or what hi ho silver lining

+Quote Post
crewsy2
post 11th Oct 2011, 06:24pm
Post #14

Visitor
Member No.: 11,930
Titch, your ringing my memory bells. Did you have titch on your clothes or tattoed or something else and were a right wee go ahead merchant, taking on the tongs yirsel.

+Quote Post
Jim D
post 12th Oct 2011, 09:42am
Post #15

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 91
QUOTE (titch54 @ 11th Oct 2011, 04:04pm) *
i was at graigbank in the 70s best and worst years off my puff i remember the the first time we saw the pool for swimming lessons i thought i was a smart arse and took a runny before the teacher could say anything and dived in head first only to find to my cost that it was the shallow end resulting in a bollocking off the teacher and a burst napper my best mate was i big guy called james maitland ithink he came from shilton drive do i miss those days or what hi ho silver lining

Were you one of the pupils who went on strike. biggrin.gif

I remember the kids at Craigie going on strike and when they went back they all got the belt! LOL

That didn't happen at Bellarmine! No need for strikes - it was paradise every day. A pleasure to go to school. tongue.gif

--------------------
Jim D

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit - NO man is at all hours wise.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Apr 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.