Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blessed John Ogilvie, John Ogilvie School
*Linda Harris*
post 2nd Oct 2015, 11:46am
Post #16

Went to Ogilvie from 1960 - 1965. Teachers I remember we're Miss Sherlock, Mrs Teviot, Miss McEnerny and Mr Madill. His wife was a P.E. Teacher at St Gregory's Secondary where I also went. I remember classmates Winifred Murphy, Helen Corr, Kathleen Mullan, Lorraine McMorrow, Molly McQueen and the boys, Peter Cochrane, Eddie McCafferty,David Caddens, Gerald Wheeler, Stephen Woods & Michael Clements. I stayed in Trondra Place and used to go to mass at St Benedicts because I was terrified of Father Reilly. Those were the days, wearing a tartan school tie and singing "Ogilvie, John Ogilvie" every year on 10th of March. Left Easterhouse aged 18 but not before I met my future husband who came from Conisborough Road and went to St Benedicts and the St Leonard's.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*geraldc2@telus.net*
post 5th Feb 2016, 12:07am
Post #17

Gerry McCash,
Attended John Ogilvie roughly 1960 -1962, then St.Gregory's til 1968.
First altar boy to serve in new church before it opened because man responsible for opening school slept in.
Memorable names,John Geraghty,John Davis,Gerry Berry,Helen Corr,Jean McDonnell,Anne Durkin,the Barretts,Danny Boyle,and many,many others.
Living in Canada now with 5 grandkids.
Contact geraldc2@telus.net

+Quote Post
*Mollymcqueen*
post 18th Mar 2016, 09:31pm
Post #18

QUOTE (Linda Harris @ 2nd Oct 2015, 11:54am) *
Went to Ogilvie from 1960 - 1965. Teachers I remember we're Miss Sherlock, Mrs Teviot, Miss McEnerny and Mr Madill. His wife was a P.E. Teacher at St Gregory's Secondary where I also went. I remember classmates Winifred Murphy, Helen Corr, Kathleen Mullan, Lorraine McMorrow, Molly McQueen and the boys, Peter Cochrane, Eddie McCafferty,David Caddens, Gerald Wheeler, Stephen Woods & Michael Clements. I stayed in Trondra Place and used to go to mass at St Benedicts because I was terrified of Father Reilly. Those were the days, wearing a tartan school tie and singing "Ogilvie, John Ogilvie" every year on 10th of March. Left Easterhouse aged 18 but not before I met my future husband who came from Conisborough Road and went to St Benedicts and the St Leonard's.

+Quote Post
*Stephen McGrory*
post 10th Aug 2016, 10:45am
Post #19

I know a few of the people who have commented on this thread - Stephen McAree, Tommy Nevin Jim Dunn and Ellen Davis - good to hear from you all! I lived in Banton Place and was at the Ogilvie from 62 to 69 - Happy Days!

+Quote Post
James181
post 20th Aug 2016, 01:38pm
Post #20

Unpacking
Member No.: 33,172
QUOTE (hopalong cassidy @ 28th Jan 2008, 02:06pm) *
I went to Blessed John Ogilvie Easterhouse, from 1965-72. My First teachere as Mrs Seenan and the head Mistress was Mrs Fox. The Head master was Mr Madill, here retired and was replaced my Mr Mcdonald. My last teach was Miss Glendinning.

I went to Blessed John Ogilvie primary school from 1961 to Jan 1968, and then on to St Gregory's secondary ( the old Greg), near Greenfield and then to the " new St Gregory's" in Cranhill for my last 6 months.
I lived in Langbar Crescent until 1977, but my folks still lived there until the mid 1980's.
I remember some teachers including Miss Sherlock, Mr Murphy ( and his black teachers cloak...SCARY !), and the "heedie" Mr Madill.
For years I had a colour class photo from around 1966/67 with the most beautiful and sexy Miss Fleck !
My classmates included, Andy Wright, James Caddens, Thomas Fortheringham, Eugene The, John Guthrie, Gerald Hegarty.
Some girls were, Brenda Tracy ( who lived across the road from me, and I was in love with Brenda but never told her !,), Iris ?, Marie Mullen ( sexy !),
In my early teens and after I left the Greg, I tended to go to St Benedicts chapel, as I played for the "Benny" for a couple of years when my mentor and friend Mr Alex Wright ran the whole show including Lochbridge Utd.
I was interested to see a post from Tommy Nevin earlier, as I was a bit older than wee Pat his brother who played professionally of course, and I and some friends used to have wee Pat and his dad play a kick about with us in Easthall school, even in heavy snow !
It was no wonder that wee Pat Nevin made it at fitba, given all the time and energy his dad put in with him ?
I remember when the Gannon family were moving to Australia(?), and the had the biggest Street sale of all their belongings that I have ever seen in front of their house in Torrance Road.
I have many other great memory's of Easterhouse and school, and of course playing for the Benny !
Cheers for now.
James Brown.

+Quote Post
*Frances Miller*
post 27th Aug 2016, 01:33pm
Post #21

I was at Blessed John Ogilvie from the first day it opened too. Mr Byrne was my last teacher there. I only attended for just over a year as I was going to secondary then. I remember the Barrats... Mary was in my class and there was also a girl called Helena Toland....my maiden name was Smith and I lived in Baldovan Crescent. We moved there in 1958....right at the beginning of Easterhouse. I was a girl guide on parade the day the foundation stone was laid for the church and was married by father Reilly....some good memories!

+Quote Post
*Vincent Fitzpatrick*
post 11th Dec 2016, 11:24pm
Post #22

QUOTE (Jim dunn @ 21st Aug 2015, 10:30am) *
I was in your class.

Jim Dunn.

+Quote Post
**Maureen**
post Y'day, 07:06pm
Post #23

Hi , I went Ogilvy primary from 62 until 1970. My first teacher was miss Fox. My last teacher was miss cairns. I was in class with Maria Mc Shane, Ruth Gahrety, Bernadette Dowie, my maiden name was Maureen Mc Philemy.I had younger sister Ellen and younger brother Jim, who were at the school around the same time. I had an older sister Margaret and older twin brothers, Harry and Hugh. Reading some of the older posts I have seen a lot of names I know. I still am in contact with Jocelyn Jones now, Hillhouse. And Nancy Murphy and Sharon Mc Pake. I would love to hear from anyone from that time. I would definitely love any photos, especially as I have absolutely none and so it would mean a lot. Hope to hear for someone...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.