Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1425 Pages V  « < 1423 1424 1425  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
wombat
post 16th Jul 2019, 09:51pm
Post #21361

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
wink.gif R u guys gonna have your own house of lords and all the other s..t that goes with it when scotland gains independence?just askin sleep.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 17th Jul 2019, 06:56am
Post #21362

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (wombat @ 16th Jul 2019, 10:51pm) *
wink.gif R u guys gonna have your own house of lords and all the other s..t that goes with it when scotland gains independence?just askin sleep.gif

In a Word.

No.

And its when Scotland regains independence. wink.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 17th Jul 2019, 07:09am
Post #21363

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 17th Jul 2019, 06:56am) *
In a Word.

No.

And its when Scotland regains independence. wink.gif

confused2.gif 'what"no cocked hat and feathers fanfares etc shock3.gif!

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 17th Jul 2019, 09:11am
Post #21364

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
What we would get is a pay rise and another medal for all MSPs Then scotland will presumably need over 100 Ambassadors ,expensive jobs which will of course go to pals of the ruling party.Much more important will be the increase in taxes needed to make up for the loss of the UK subsidy.One thing that wont change is that the Gnats will continue to blame Westminster for years to come.
Yesterday they were blaming the UK govt for Scotland being the worst country in Europe for drug deaths without explaing of course why we are somuch worse than england and Wales.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 17th Jul 2019, 12:12pm
Post #21365

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 17th Jul 2019, 10:11am) *
What we would get is a pay rise and another medal for all MSPs Then scotland will presumably need over 100 Ambassadors ,expensive jobs which will of course go to pals of the ruling party.Much more important will be the increase in taxes needed to make up for the loss of the UK subsidy.One thing that wont change is that the Gnats will continue to blame Westminster for years to come.
Yesterday they were blaming the UK govt for Scotland being the worst country in Europe for drug deaths without explaing of course why we are somuch worse than england and Wales.

Well the SNP MP'S didn't take their pay rises, and we already pay for Westminster cabal "Ambassadors" and more with little or no return.

There is no UK subsidy, and the druggies will probably be pathetic Britgnats that see their pathetic union coming to an end.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 17th Jul 2019, 01:49pm
Post #21366

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
So an independent Scotland will continue to use British Embassey staff? Whether you admit or not
Scotland, Wales and N.ireland are subsidised.Your comments about drug users demean you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 18th Jul 2019, 09:10am
Post #21367

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 17th Jul 2019, 02:49pm) *
So an independent Scotland will continue to use British Embassey staff? Whether you admit or not
Scotland, Wales and N.ireland are subsidised.Your comments about drug users demean you.

Scotland will have it's own Embassy's like every other normal independent country, and Scotland subsidises the rest of the UK whether you like it or not.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 09:04am
Post #21368

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2019/07/...ghts-from-afar/

With definitely no apology to that old, demented scunner, Danny Boy etc.

PS. The words are not Wee Ginger Dug's!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 09:30am
Post #21369

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 19th Jul 2019, 10:04am) *
https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2019/07/...ghts-from-afar/

With definitely no apology to that old, demented scunner, Danny Boy etc.

PS. The words are not Wee Ginger Dug's!

Good read Bilbo, thanks for posting although we know some who will hate every word of it. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Weeman
post Today, 01:11am
Post #21370

Settling In
Member No.: 6,406
I loved reading every word of it. Ta Bilbo. thumbup.gif

My one wish (before pegging oot) is to see a fully independent Scotland. It's been a dream for me for over 55 years, a dream that was mostly born from my English Dad, who met, fell in love with and married a Scottish lass from Springburn, Glasgow during WWII.

After settling together in Glasgow in the 40's, he very quickly fell in love with the folk of Glasgow. Being from Southampton he could barely understand the Scottish brogue, but that didn't stop him 'mingling' with the locals and within 10 years he regarded himself as Scottish!

In that short time he recognised the hold that England had over the Scots and proceeded to instill in us the belief that we should be independent - my Mum disagreed, due to fear I reckon, which I think is still paramount in Scots today.

He was a very smart bloke, he knew more about Scottish history than even my teachers at school did and never missed an opportunity to highlight the achievements of Scots to his English friends and relations, aye, and even correcting the Glaswegian locals when they got it wrong.

Unfortunately, he never lived long enough to participate in the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum which he always insisted was coming - that would've made his life complete I reckon.

Although coming from an upper middle class background, he loathed the tories (as do I) and was an ardent SNP supporter, he maintained that a tory government would destroy Scotland - given the chance, not too far wrong so far.

Sadly, my Dad had more faith in the Scots than they have in themselves.

--------------------
gerritupye!

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 08:23am
Post #21371

Mega City Key Holder
Welcome to GG Weeman, enjoyed reading your post, yet another nail in the coffin of those who accuse the Yes movement as "Anti English". thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
ashfield
post Today, 08:44am
Post #21372

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 20th Jul 2019, 09:23am) *
Welcome to GG Weeman, enjoyed reading your post, yet another nail in the coffin of those who accuse the Yes movement as "Anti English". thumbup.gif

Och JAGZ, he was here before you laugh.gif

I agree with you though, another thoughtful post Weeman and I enjoyed reading your "link" Bilbo (but watch you don't get a reputation for posting them tongue.gif )

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post

1425 Pages V  « < 1423 1424 1425
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Jul 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.