Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sadistic Teachers, NKS had a sadistic French Teacher, Mr McGee
maryhillresident
post 29th Aug 2012, 08:47pm
Post #1

Settling In
Member No.: 12,590
Having read many posts about North Kelvinside School, I am surprised thar no-one has mentioned the THUG who put me and many others off French lessons for life.
Not only was he violent and nasty, but he was a total racist, making life unpleasant for a Hindu girl and a Muslim boy. I will never understand why he was allowed to teach for so long in our otherwise excellent school. Come on now, somebody else MUST remember him. I attended from 1960-64.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 29th Aug 2012, 10:31pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
He wasn't married to an other French teacher called Jeannie Davidson was he; she was also a sadist. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
taurus
post 30th Aug 2012, 04:05am
Post #3

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 12,391
teachers were nearly all bullies when I went to school,1944 to 54,and if we happened to get a soft teacher,SHE would be bullied by the class.My teacher in Sacred Heart was a sadistic bully,she constantly told me I was a show off,(show off what,??? shoes worn down to nothing,and jumpers all washed in and shrunk!) what`s to show off?? I was about 12 at the time,an age when adolescents are sensitive and vulnerable,and she took great pleasure in announcing to the whole class,"just look at her walking,she`s a show off". These days she could be sued for mental cruelty,back then no one dared meddle with the great" high heid yin".

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 30th Aug 2012, 04:28am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Beastie Nelson,nose-picker- flicker extraordinaire.
There were a few at NKS who carried the belt over their shoulder hidden by their jacket or robe.Milne,technical teacher and another called Laird were really quite brutal and would not last two minutes today.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 30th Aug 2012, 06:13am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
St Roch's Annex in Provanmill had an english or maths teacher cant remember which, who used the belt on your hands as a last resort, first choice punisment was to lash out with his fists or open hand if he had the belt in his hand or over his shoulder it would be used as a whip.

+Quote Post
mairead
post 27th Sep 2014, 05:37pm
Post #6

Super Resident
Member No.: 26,634
Another sadistic French teacher was old Miss MacKillop. She was one nast wee woman. Two sisters at NKS were bothe Miss Mackie, one taught PE and the other taught Geograpy. As for Miss Bertha Gunn, I have always felt a bit guilty about what she did. She was so nervous and I think us kids drove her mad.

--------------------
The bluebell of Scotland is hanging her head
The Lion, once Rampant, in lying like dead

+Quote Post
*Talisman*
post 30th Sep 2014, 11:23pm
Post #7

QUOTE (mairead @ 27th Sep 2014, 05:54pm) *
Another sadistic French teacher was old Miss MacKillop. She was one nast wee woman. Two sisters at NKS were bothe Miss Mackie, one taught PE and the other taught Geograpy. As for Miss Bertha Gunn, I have always felt a bit guilty about what she did. She was so nervous and I think us kids drove her mad.

Wonder what it was about French teachers? I had one, for little or no provocation, other that the fact I was poor at French, and said something he took offence at and actually swung a full fisted punch at my head. Fortunately my father had been an amature boxer in the wilds of Guvin and I easily dodged his blow and sent him sprawling without even touching him. St. Anthony's boys club boxing had great advantages when growing up around dysfunctional French teachers.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.