Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holiday Memories, Tales of being on holiday
Dave Grieve
post 17th Nov 2012, 05:56am
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
Reading Rabs story about the tourist losing his arm to the leopard reminded me of the holiday maker that was killed by a Hippo in a private game reserve near Warmbaths.
The place is set up for Time Share and there are three camps in it with the main camp having the only bar.
Apart from all the usual buck there are leopards on the loose there, so to walk through the bush at night is pretty foolish.

One brave soul decided the thought of a cool sundowner or two or three or four was worth the risk and after he was finished headed home on foot despite being warned, however it wasn't a leopard that finished him off but a Hippo, he got between the Hippo and the water and it came chargiing out of the bush and flattened him.
Locals do know best.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Elma
post 17th Nov 2012, 07:19am
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
Wow, that makes our wee corner of the world seem quite normal. All we have roaming around here in British Columbia are deer, moose, bears, coyote and cougars. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rab
post 18th Nov 2012, 10:30pm
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,266
Elma - me again! Whilst touring Ontario, I followed the road through Algonquin Park, just desperate to get a snap of a moose or a bear - anything! Not a sausage! I stopped at a B&B outside Bracebridge, far away enough from the town, according to my host to see what I was after. They had a sort of table with bits on for wild birds about 12 feet high that the owner would use a ladder to get to, high enough he hoped that bears would not get at the grub. That very night, just before dark, he called me and there was a bear, pushing at the pole! He heaved and heaved and eventually rocked it enough for the bits to fall off and so he had his supper and I got my photies! thumbup.gif
PS: I think your Canadian bugs are just as bad as the bears!

--------------------
Back to using my original name... Rab

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.