Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow River Festival Cancelled, Blow for summer 2010 visitors to Glasgow
*exile jock*
post 23rd Jun 2010, 01:59pm
Post #31

Had to be scrapped. Far too many people - manjams everywhere. Lucky nobody was crushed. Anybody shorter than 6 foot saw nothing.

Food / drink prices were a joke.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Mrs Taylor*
post 29th Jun 2010, 12:42pm
Post #32

I think its really terrible that the river festival has been cancelled this year it brought lots of people from all over and was always a great day out. I am sure that many people will agree with me on this. It was one of the best days out I have experienced and children loved it.

+Quote Post
*Benny McCormick*
post 16th Jul 2010, 10:28pm
Post #33

I wouldn't worry too much everyone. It appears Frank McAveety has a master plan up his sleeve to encourage tourism to Glasgow next year. He is courting the idea of Rebranding the Orange Walk into a week-long Orange Fest. Now how can ANY UK city (apart from Belfast) compete with that. Phew - Thanks Frank - a MASTER stroke (no pun intended).

+Quote Post
*weegie*
post 29th Jul 2010, 10:32am
Post #34

Maybe if everyone in Glasgow actually PAID their council tax, these events wouldn't have to be cancelled!! I get fed up hearing all the bleating about "It's ridiculous...!!" when half of those complaining never contribute to the budget!

+Quote Post
d.c.
post 4th Aug 2010, 04:04pm
Post #35

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 19
Not quite a river festival, but there is an event at The Tall Ship on the Clyde this weekend:

http://www.glenlee.co.uk/newsite/events/index.shtml

+Quote Post
*Greg Hine*
post 7th Aug 2010, 01:33pm
Post #36

Typical Glasgow, this event was necessary as Glasgow has the most UNDER-UTILISED waterfront in the whole of the UK.

Once again Glasgow has shown the lack of patience needed to run an event and build on solid foundations. 4 years forward and now back to square one.

What makes it laughable is the fact that this event can be self-funding and shows a profit.

One of these days the locals will stop voting entrenched politics in the city and realise that the entrenched council doesn't bother listening to people as it is comfortable and has always run its own agenda without any service to the city or community

+Quote Post
*Greg Hine*
post 7th Aug 2010, 01:36pm
Post #37

QUOTE (exile jock @ 23rd Jun 2010, 03:09pm) *
Had to be scrapped. Far too many people - manjams everywhere. Lucky nobody was crushed. Anybody shorter than 6 foot saw nothing.

Food / drink prices were a joke.

Agree with you about some of the prices, the Mela was the same, however much of the 'crush' was down to the fact that there were too many stalls near attractions and some of the attractions were not where they were supposed to be.

In spite of this all of the events have been good days and a positive for the Clyde & Glasgow (until now).

+Quote Post
*Greg Hine*
post 7th Aug 2010, 01:37pm
Post #38

QUOTE (Benny McCormick @ 16th Jul 2010, 11:38pm) *
I wouldn't worry too much everyone. It appears Frank McAveety has a master plan up his sleeve to encourage tourism to Glasgow next year. He is courting the idea of Rebranding the Orange Walk into a week-long Orange Fest. Now how can ANY UK city (apart from Belfast) compete with that. Phew - Thanks Frank - a MASTER stroke (no pun intended).

With the amount of sun tan salons here, thought we already had the Orange Fest smile.gif

You've been tango'ed!

+Quote Post
d.c.
post 12th Jul 2011, 12:36pm
Post #39

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 19
Just in case anyone misses it in the Riverside Museum topic, there will be an event this year. The Clyde Waterfront Riverside Regatta takes place this Saturday, 16 July:

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.ph...p;#entry3545040

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st Sep 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.