Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dugshots: Glasgow's War On Terriers, Enforcement spotlight turns on canine offenders
**Jungle Jim**
post 9th Dec 2011, 08:39am
Post #16

So, we are to believe that this "farcical" - I'd have went further - policy is somehow to make our streets cleaner? Didn't we go down this road before for people who dropped a fag end and then putting their details in the local rag? How long did that last? How effective was that? Are Glasgow's streets any cleaner for having spent millions on that particular waste of time?

Perhaps someone - if there is anyone - among the council "bosses" who knows what they are doing should ask WHY Glasgow has the dirtiest streets in Europe? Civic Pride? And how can we have any civic pride when we see the our leaders shame the city at any and every opportunity?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tamhickey
post 9th Dec 2011, 09:07am
Post #17

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,833
You'd think we'd nothing better to spend our money on. Are they all barking mad?

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 9th Dec 2011, 09:16am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
I like a good laugh in the morning, can you get whoever thought this one up to produce more ideas to keep us going laugh.gif

I suppose if people don't pay their fines they will call in the retrievers rolleyes.gif

There is good reason to try and stop some owners from allowing their dogs to foul public areas and pavements. This "plan" isn't the way to do it.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 9th Dec 2011, 09:24am
Post #19

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,794
Wit dea ye call a dug wi a lisp....Ruth!

--------------------
Black holes are where God divided by zero.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 9th Dec 2011, 09:30am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Jeez ... Ye need eyes at the back o' yer hied noo. laugh.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Wait a minute ... I've got my eye on a burd.

... Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend ...

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 9th Dec 2011, 09:36am
Post #21

Mega City Key Holder
Haw haw, very good! Noo then, this has to be a wee bit of wind up but it's no April 1st yit.

Right enough dug mess is a problem thats afoot in many areas but it trancends all elements of our society, it's no jist the domain some cooncil tenents. Fookwits and the socially challenged hail from all walks of "life"; classes, creeds, colours and genders, 4 of them at last count.

One cheap and easy solution would be to package up the offending goodies and then pop the present through the letter box of the unsuspecting owner. It's Christmassss efter all, the time to give.

Now theres a real joab opportunity, any takers for a Scoop and Post Operative?

"Dug shit is a problem, together we can stamp it out!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 9th Dec 2011, 09:46am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 9th Dec 2011, 08:49am) *
Jeez ... Ye need eyes at the back o' yer hied noo. laugh.gif

Now waash yer paws!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ashfield
post 9th Dec 2011, 10:01am
Post #23

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,611
Great idea Rabbie but................we had a serial dropper round our way, problem was we had no idea when it was happening. By the size of the evidence we all thought we were looking for a guy wi' an elephant on a lead rolleyes.gif I would have been happy to "return to sender" but it would have to gone back parcel post.

Which takes me to the futility of the cunning plan outlined at the beginning. People who let their dugs foul pavements rarely do it near their own house.

As for our problem, well it just stopped but we never caught the culprit.

--------------------
If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans (Woody Allen)

+Quote Post
chas1937
post 9th Dec 2011, 10:33am
Post #24

Special Visitor
Member No.: 10,795
What about folk who just open door and let dog out unlike me and my neighbours who take our dogs out no matter whether it was a day as bad as yesterday.It's these dogs that foul on pavements and elsewhere.We clean up our dog poo and where do we have too put it.In the litter bins as there is no designated dog bins in my area.Then we come to all this carry on about making children go blind etc.Can anyone on the site put their hand up and honestly say yes they know someone which I very much doubt.There already are wardens who come out regularly here with cameras and yes I do know folk who have fell foul and been caught.Guess what they gave out false names and addresses so where do they go from there.At least the weather isn't shitty today.

+Quote Post
mlconnelly
post 9th Dec 2011, 11:09am
Post #25

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,809
As someone who regularly has to walk a slalom course down my street to avoid dog shit , I'm open to any suggestions as to how to get inconsiderate and irresponsible dog owners to pick up after their dogs. My local housing association sends out regular letters to everyone, including homeowners who are factored by them, explaining the consequences of dog fouling and offer poop scoops free to anyone who asks. They also encourage the public to report and, if possible, to photograph anyone they see not picking up after their dogs. So until someone comes up with a better idea, anythings better than nothing. Mary
PS. As it was pointed out to me ages ago, there's not point putting up "No Dog Fouling" notices, dugs cannae read. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
sumac
post 9th Dec 2011, 11:23am
Post #26

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 3,359
I have laughed and laughed at all your comments! And the wee jokes are brilliant! It's all almost as funny as the idea of "dugshots". I don't want to appear "racist" (or should that be "doggist"?) but, to most people, one lab looks like another lab, one terrier looks like another, etc. You can see from my avatar that I am a doggy person and I can't tell the difference! What chance a Dug Patrol.

"Is this your dug, mister? Naw, Ah'm lookin efter it fur a freen an anywye, ma dug's only goat 3 legs, honest."

There are several dog-owners near us who live in "the big posh hooses" who never pick up. I get mad at having to Dodge the Do to pick up after my dog. I think the idea of posting it back sounds great but - - - - one of the huge Newfoundland dogs' owners is Man Mountain like his dug. I don't fancy posting anything through his door!!!

As for 10 tons of dogs**t? I'd believe it! I think it's all lying on the pavements of Ayrshire!

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs

+Quote Post
Rabbie
post 9th Dec 2011, 11:55am
Post #27

Mega City Key Holder
Another simple solution, smack the dug owner on the snort with a rolled up newspaper.

Su for the appropraite renumeration <winks>, I will post the package though the man mountains door. I am a black belt in Origami, if he starts on me I will fold him in haulf.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack j
post 9th Dec 2011, 12:04pm
Post #28

Visitor
Member No.: 8,971
don't these people have more to do with thier time than sitting on thier backsides thinking up ways and means of controling people (and thier dogs) it'll be thier cats next . why don't they get a life?

+Quote Post
jack j
post 9th Dec 2011, 12:07pm
Post #29

Visitor
Member No.: 8,971
anyway who separates and wieghs the stuff?

+Quote Post
*james mchugh*
post 9th Dec 2011, 12:13pm
Post #30

QUOTE (beth @ 9th Dec 2011, 04:08am) *
Youngsy, that is what I thought, a kid on, it is surely?

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.