Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1447 Pages V  « < 1445 1446 1447  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
carmella
post Y'day, 06:31pm
Post #21691

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (caltonjock @ 12th Dec 2019, 04:37pm) *
There exists in Scotland a small group of Ultra Unionists who were originally the foundation of the group – Scotland in Union

This group was highlighted in a leaked Email which provided contact details for a few people and a message from their erstwhile leader telling them to keep their plans very strangely secretive.

You see, these ultra unionists have a plan – this plan has been going on for a year or so thus far and it is this – They take it in turns to Blitz every single newspaper every week with dozens of letters about their opinions on just how TERRIBLE life in Scotland is under the dreadful SNP.

And these people are being published in many of the mainstream newspaper letters pages very successfully…The Editors seeing the same names popping up all the time are patently complicit in this.

On twitter that one chap – Keith Howell of Peeblesshire had around 20 “Letters of the Day” published – some gaining 50 from the likes of Barrhead Travel.

https://caltonjock.com/2019/12/11/scotland-...pace-with-them/

Yes and I have seen it. One thing I will say about Nicola Sturgeon is that she is an excellent campaigner for what she believes in. I actually think she is head and heels better than all of the other leaders!😩

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Y'day, 06:59pm
Post #21692

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (carmella @ 12th Dec 2019, 06:31pm) *
Yes and I have seen it. One thing I will say about Nicola Sturgeon is that she is an excellent campaigner for what she believes in. I actually think she is head and heels better than all of the other leaders!😩

I can't believe i'm saying this twice in the same day but yet again i'm in complete agreement with you Carmella. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post Y'day, 09:19pm
Post #21693

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 12th Dec 2019, 06:59pm) *
I can't believe i'm saying this twice in the same day but yet again i'm in complete agreement with you Carmella. ohmy.gif

TWICE indeed, well you need to make a rare visit to GP and ask for Carmelladrenalin! Best treatment for shock and works fast, living in Scotland tae’n’ awe, means it’s free👍👍👍😜😜

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
DannyH
post Today, 12:04pm
Post #21694

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
I am concerned that as the proposed merger between Labour and the SNP to form a government, has been scuppered, the UK is going to be thrown into turmoil.

My fear is that the SNP is going to go down the same path as the Catalonian politicians. Rather than let the UK get on with leaving the EU in an orderly fashion, before starting the process of an orderly Independence referendum, the SNP is going to be disruptive.

I hope I am wrong.

Surely they SNP has to inform the Scottish people, what currency we will be using, what arrangements will be made regarding our armed forces. Will the Scottish Government be responsible for continuing the payment of State pensions? Or will it be the UK government continues with the payment of pensions, but freezes the amount paid to Scottish pensioners at the level the pension was at Independence Day? The Scottish Government would then top up the difference.

Then there is the big question of the border controls. So if we apply for EU membership, that becomes a big big issue.

Perhaps when the Scottish electorate is faced with the reality of what EU membership brings when you border a non EU member country, the prospect of EU membership will not be appealing.

The SNP seems to be putting much emphasis on Scotland being a member state of the EU. If Scotland becomes an independent country, isn’t it ironic, the driving force behind this achievement, finds it needs to be in the EU? I think the dictionary should redefine ‘Independence’.

Danny

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post Today, 02:48pm
Post #21695

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (DannyH @ 13th Dec 2019, 12:04pm) *
Surely they SNP has to inform the Scottish people, what currency we will be using, what arrangements will be made regarding our armed forces. Will the Scottish Government be responsible for continuing the payment of State pensions? Or will it be the UK government continues with the payment of pensions

If Scotland becomes an independent country, isn’t it ironic, the driving force behind this achievement, finds it needs to be in the EU? I think the dictionary should redefine ‘Independence’.

Danny

Wow, it didn't take you long to get over the Westminster GE Danny, while us younger ones take a moment to catch our breaths you're off on the Indyref2 trail.

You voted YES in 2014, so you either knew the answers to these questions or you didn't care, so what was it?

I'd love to hear you telling the Germans, French, Italians, Swedes etc that their countries aren't independent. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
caltonjock
post Today, 03:29pm
Post #21696

City Key Holder
Member No.: 26,386
DannyH An answer to your concerns.

Establishing an Independent Scotland

Whitehall mandarins, Unionist politicians and their Luddite supporters will tell you it will be a long and torturous process over many years and it must be this way because the relationship Scotland has with the rest of the UK is too complex to untangle in a shorter period.

But if Czechoslovakia could be split up in six months in 1992, why should the process of establishing an independent Scotland be such a hardship?

https://caltonjock.com/2019/12/09/scottish-...d-be-well-able/

+Quote Post

1447 Pages V  « < 1445 1446 1447
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.