Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Anyone Help?, Street/playground game
tulip
post 15th Dec 2011, 11:32pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,408
I work in after school care and we are always looking for different things to teach the kids.I wanted to teach them a game I played as a kid called Chocolate Soldiers,however,I can't find anyone who remembers it.It was similar to What's the time mister wolf and Polo,where on person stood at one wall and the others across from them.The group sang "we're the Chocolate soldiers and we're coming to see the king.Thing is,that's all remember.Be grateful if anyone can help!

thanks, Tulip

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pumps100
post 16th Dec 2011, 10:54am
Post #2

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,333
QUOTE (tulip @ 15th Dec 2011, 11:51pm) *
I work in after school care and we are always looking for different things to teach the kids.I wanted to teach them a game I played as a kid called Chocolate Soldiers,however,I can't find anyone who remembers it.It was similar to What's the time mister wolf and Polo,where on person stood at one wall and the others across from them.The group sang "we're the Chocolate soldiers and we're coming to see the king.Thing is,that's all remember.Be grateful if anyone can help!

thanks, Tulip

Was this pre-war? I mind Red Rover but not this game. My wife might have a book on Scottish games. I'll have a look for it.

Regards

Ian

+Quote Post
benny
post 16th Dec 2011, 06:52pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,059
Try having a look at these books on archive.org

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%2...e%3A%28texts%29

--------------------
Derea derego fortibus es in aro

+Quote Post
tulip
post 18th Dec 2011, 06:26pm
Post #4

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,408
Thanks.It was probably early 1980's when we played it.

tulip

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.