Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stop Me And Buy One, Ice-cream bikes.
Rab-oldname
post 20th Dec 2005, 07:25pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 413
There was a man called Jimmie Airlie who had an ice-cream shop in our town in the 50s and 60s. On summer Sundays the shop was closed, but Jimmy would ride his 3-wheeled bike around the town, blowing a whistle when he stopped. (Much better than the present kiddie-attractors!). He sold that ice-cream with ice in it which gave you a headache on a hot day, but had a flavour totally lost now. All he sold was ice-cream. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Purplefan
post 9th May 2013, 03:28pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,685
I think i vaguely remember him. He was in George square , and his Ice cream was in two
different colours. You could get strawberry and chocolate; banana and vanilla; or just plain.
He would do a double nougat; or single; and even an oyster witch was pretty amazing considering it
was sold from a bike.
Shame he retired when the gangsters started the ice cream wars milarky.

--------------------
To be is to do socrates
To do is to be Sartre
Do be do be do Sinatra
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Mar 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.