Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hinshaw Street, Life in Maryhill in the 40's & 50's
jock
post 9th Sep 2005, 11:52pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 32
Been through that blythswood door many, many times. Whoever took that picture must have been standing close to the polis box on raeberry st. Interesting how many polis boxes they had around then.
Also cocozza's cafe was just across the street to the left of the ' blythsie'.

Great pics. thanks again for letting us "see" our memories.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dimairt
post 12th Sep 2005, 08:33am
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,616
Here's a photo of St. George's Rd. school requested by Monty in Australia. I'll add the other one he asked for later.
The museum in Scotland St. has a great selection of snaps of the interior of St. George's. I had no idea it was so good - needless to say, it was demolished!

Dimairt

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
thursoloafer
post 8th Jan 2009, 12:50pm
Post #33

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,375
I know this is an old thread, but I found it via google! My Gt, Gt grandfather lived in Springbank Street circa 1900 and I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding the house and maybe even a picture? I am building my family tree and any info would be so much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Laurence biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
*sal*
post 17th Mar 2016, 11:37pm
Post #34

QUOTE (BallindallochNZ @ 17th Aug 2005, 01:09am) *
Thanks, Flim - I remember this block of houses well. The one in the photo is at the corner of Hinshaw and Maltbarns Street. Over to the right, there are some newer brick buildings. This is where the tenement was that I grew up in. There was a bit of spare ground between the flats in the photo and our tenement (No.43 Hinshaw Street). The school (Springbank) is still there but I believe it is a community centre of some sort. Appreciate your interest.

Hi my dad was born in 63 Hinshaw Street in 1930 his name was William Mclaren he had a brother James Mclaren his mother was Jessie and his dad Alexander known as Alec or Alex.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.