Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

> My First Broken Heart, romance
big tommy
post 3rd Sep 2005, 07:06pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
sad.gif When I was aged 15, nearly 16, I met and fell madly in love with a girl around my age. Her name was Janet D and she came to work beside me in a small workshop in Buchanan Street making lampshades.

She had a very beautiful face, a bit on the chubby side and two inches short of 5 feet tall. She was very conscious of these particular short comingings but I found her very attractive.

Her mother sold flowers and fruit from a stall in Argyle Street.

After a bit of teasing from my workmates I eventuallly found the courage to ask her out. I took her to the Prince's in Gourlay Street in Springburn. We went fot a bag of chips, which I paid for, then I walked her home, all very romantic.

She lived in the Gallowgate in the East side of the City, but she took me up a lane called Little Dovehill to carry on with our "winching". The first few nights I went out with her it was mostly kissing and cuddling, but of course as time progressed from there it became very passionate and extremely intimate. I thought I had found the girl of my dreams and was in seventh heaven.

This went on for about six months, all the way past both our sixteenth birthdays, until one night she suddenly told me we were finished.

Looking back I think that, like a lot of girls, Janet wanted pregnancy and a wedding ring and I would gladly have given her her wish, had it happened.

When I asked her why, she told me that her father had been involved in some crime or other and was now in Barlinnie Prison. To avoid the shame, the family had moved to a house on the the South Side, I think it was called Portland Street. I went out with her one more time but she said we must finish.

I was devastated as only a near 16 year old can be. My heart was broken and I ran home in tears, all the way from the South Side right back the to Cowcaddens where my mother met me with all the old cliches like "Don't worry son, there are plenty more fish in the sea". But I could not be consoled. It was nearly a month before I asked another girl out.

I heard some time later that Janet had died in childbirth aged just 17. So she got her wish for pregnancy, but what a price to pay. I don't think it was mine or she would have contacted me. NO!! It couldn't have been mine . Could it?

I swore after Janet no other girl would ever break my heart and none ever did until I lost my Jean.

Tommy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
ah try ma best
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
big tommy
post 5th Sep 2005, 01:44pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
wub.gif When I was aged 15, nearly 16, I met and fell madly in love with a girl around my age. Her name was Janet D and she came to work beside me in a small workshop in Buchanan Street making lampshades.

She had a very beautiful face, a bit on the chubby side and two inches short of 5 feet tall. She was very conscious of these particular short comingings but I found her very attractive.

Her mother sold flowers and fruit from a stall in Argyle Street.

After a bit of teasing from my workmates I eventuallly found the courage to ask her out. I took her to the Prince's in Gourlay Street in Springburn where we saw 'State Fair ',with Dana Andrews and Jeanne Craine . Afterwords. we went fot a bag of chips, which I paid for, then I walked her home, all very romantic.

She lived in the Gallowgate in the East side of the City, but she showed me up a lane called Little Dovehill .where we could do a bit of our "winching". The first few nights I went out with her it was mostly kissing and cuddling, but of course as time progressed from there it became very passionate and extremely intimate.

I thought I had found the girl of my dreams and was in seventh heaven.

This went on for about six months, all the way past both our sixteenth birthdays, until one night she suddenly told me we were finished.

Looking back I think that, like a lot of girls, Janet wanted pregnancy and a wedding ring and and a wee house ,. I would gladly have given her her wish, had it happened.

When I asked her why, she told me that her father had been involved in some crime or other and was now in Barlinnie Prison. To avoid the shame, the family had moved to a house on the the South Side, I think it was called Portland Street. I went out with her one more time but she said we must finish.

I was devastated as only a near 16 year old can be. My heart was broken and I ran home in tears, all the way from the South Side right back the to Cowcaddens where my mother met me with all the old cliches like "Don't worry son, there are plenty more fish in the sea". But I could not be consoled. It was nearly a month before I asked another girl out.

I heard some time later that Janet had died in childbirth aged just 17. So she got her wish for pregnancy, but what a price to pay. I don't think it was mine or she would have contacted me. SURELY .NO!! It couldn't have been mine . Could it?

I swore after Janet no other girl would ever break my heart and none ever did until I lost my Jean.

Tommy

--------------------
ah try ma best
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- big tommy   My First Broken Heart   3rd Sep 2005, 07:06pm
- - cathie213   Thank-you for sharing Tommy,so sad for the girl, b...   5th Sep 2005, 02:46pm
- - ElaineMcFarlane   Hi Tommy That scenario sounds very familiar, and ...   5th Sep 2005, 02:48pm
- - big tommy   Dear Elaine I was a sucker for the ladies .but al...   5th Sep 2005, 04:37pm
- - big tommy   Dear Elaine Still am in fact . Tommy   4th Oct 2005, 09:40pm
- - Glasgow Girl   Wow Tommy...was so engrossed and enjoying your pos...   5th Oct 2005, 01:38am
- - jakka13   Welcome Glasgow Girl,lots of good stuff on these b...   5th Oct 2005, 02:51am
- - boots   Hiu Glasgow girl, welcome to the boards.Betty...   5th Oct 2005, 06:56am
- - vgourlay   Awwe that was lovely Big Tommy, how sad, am sure s...   5th Oct 2005, 08:20am
- - carmella   Tommy, that was lovely and sad at the same time, a...   5th Oct 2005, 08:32am
- - big tommy   Dear gGasgow Girl Never bew afraid to ask question...   7th Oct 2005, 01:57pm
- - elkhnd   Tommy: Can't compete with your story, but I...   8th Oct 2005, 09:11am
- - AGNES & ROBERT   Hi Big Tommy, I've came across you in other to...   7th Dec 2008, 06:51pm
- - glasgow lass   Agnes and Robert, The cafe that you speak of is me...   14th Dec 2008, 05:37pm
- - wellfield   When I was drafted,I'd been in a few weeks and...   14th Dec 2008, 08:18pm
|- - Harrymc   QUOTE (wellfield @ 14th Dec 2008, 09:17pm...   15th Dec 2008, 10:54pm
- - glasgow lass   I hated getting chucked, but I hated having to do ...   15th Dec 2008, 12:33am
- - lindamac   Ocht that 1st love is always the killer I recal my...   15th Dec 2008, 04:27am
- - penny dainty   My first love was a guy called Davie , we were an ...   15th Dec 2008, 06:34am
|- - wellfield   QUOTE (penny dainty @ 14th Dec 2008, 11:3...   15th Dec 2008, 08:38pm
|- - penny dainty   QUOTE (wellfield @ 16th Dec 2008, 06:37am...   17th Dec 2008, 05:37am
|- - wellfield   QUOTE (penny dainty @ 16th Dec 2008, 10:3...   17th Dec 2008, 06:00am
- - wellfield   Hey Harrymc you just mind it,ah know where you liv...   15th Dec 2008, 11:45pm
|- - Harrymc   QUOTE (wellfield @ 16th Dec 2008, 12:44am...   17th Dec 2008, 01:13pm
|- - wellfield   QUOTE (Harrymc @ 17th Dec 2008, 06:12am) ...   17th Dec 2008, 06:29pm
|- - Harrymc   QUOTE (wellfield @ 17th Dec 2008, 07:28pm...   17th Dec 2008, 10:22pm
- - tombro   My first broken heart was an absolutely stunning r...   17th Dec 2008, 09:29am
- - glasgow lass   Thats funny penny, the wee'ist love of ma life...   17th Dec 2008, 02:10pm
- - Heather   I sent my best friend to tell the guy I had been g...   17th Dec 2008, 10:54pm
2 Pages V   1 2 >

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th Dec 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.