Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1191 Pages V  « < 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possilpark
Rating 4 V
norrie123
post 10th Jun 2018, 08:11am
Post #17806

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,552
Hi Marge, its been years since my wife and I were in Blackpool, enjoy

Bye for now norrie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kenb
post 10th Jun 2018, 11:11pm
Post #17807

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 11,294
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 30th May 2018, 09:11am) *
Hi Margie ,I did enjoy Glencoe but we missed our track and went up the Munro the hard and hazardous way, 7 of us made it and even the younger guys found it hard
Nothing to do with Possill but some of you may find this of interest, click on the link

Bye for now, Norrie

https://youtu.be/FKGMKEJS3kY

hi norrie in your capacity as a concierge did you come across my wee cuz david booth please pm me

--------------------
WEY HEY

+Quote Post
margie
post 17th Jun 2018, 08:25am
Post #17808

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,901
Happy Fathers Day, Hope you all have a great day. cheers Margie.

+Quote Post
possilboy
post 28th Jun 2018, 01:04am
Post #17809

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,212
hi all you can see the old avon pictures

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
norrie123
post 30th Jun 2018, 06:53am
Post #17810

Mega City Key Holder
That's the only shot I have seen of the Avon

Bye for now, norrie

+Quote Post
margie
post 30th Jun 2018, 07:44am
Post #17811

Mega City Key Holder
Great photo Norrie, I remember it well.You bring back so many memories with your photos, thanks for that. Cheers Margie.

+Quote Post
margie
post 30th Jun 2018, 07:47am
Post #17812

Mega City Key Holder
Sorry lads just noticed it was Possilboy who posted photo. Auld age diznae come alone cheers Margie.

+Quote Post
gracebarrett
post 30th Jun 2018, 07:07pm
Post #17813

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,771
Hi Norrie and mags hope your enjoying this great weather and did you apply for your free egg timer for a three minute shower lol takes Tommy three minutes tae switch it on 😂 this country just can't cope in times like these and considering the rain we get we should have more than enough ,the fires that are here are a fair way from us but still smoking it's bad but they are using the reservoir to douse it millions of gallons omg we really will be short of water soon and that's scary so pulling the belts in to save water ,Mags I hope you have a ball in Blackpool ,possilboy having his fair share of oysters at the minute and you know what they say about oysters lol he's on Facebook ,Norrie Blackpool this weekend was full the beach ye couldn't get near lol painted the beloved shed today now I'm covered in paint so off for the 3 minute shower and then a huge glass of wine bye for now Grace 🍾🍷

+Quote Post
norrie123
post 2nd Jul 2018, 08:09pm
Post #17814

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Grace just got back from a cruise and stay on Corfu, I think the UK got better weather than we did on Corfu

Bye for now, norrie

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 6th Jul 2018, 07:30am
Post #17815

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (norrie123 @ 30th May 2018, 10:11am) *
Hi Margie ,I did enjoy Glencoe but we missed our track and went up the Munro the hard and hazardous way, 7 of us made it and even the younger guys found it hard
Nothing to do with Possill but some of you may find this of interest, click on the link

Bye for now, Norrie

Enjoyable video showing parts of the town I would normally never visit. Sad to see the before and after photos but its the price we pay for progress I suppose.
I think in years to come Norrie you will be recognised as a local historian of note with your photos of a lost Glasgow.
I spent ten months in Glasgow last year and loved wandering about the streets (my brother thought I was crazy) normally when I go back on holiday I spend my time with family and friends. This time the city got my attention and I could see why you love recording it on film.

https://youtu.be/FKGMKEJS3kY

+Quote Post
norrie123
post 6th Jul 2018, 01:50pm
Post #17816

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Dave, glad you enjoyed the wee clip, I enjoy getting around Glasgow and taking shots but nowadays I am doing whats coming down and whats going up, Glasgow School of Art is being demolished today, from what I heard
Local historian,not the first time I have been called that, some day I might even be famous but I will be dead by then biggrin.gif

Bye for now, norrie

+Quote Post
gracebarrett
post 7th Jul 2018, 12:01pm
Post #17817

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 12,771
Hi Norrie and hi Dave and you Norrie should be in print and a Historian medal well your right about the weather being hotter than Corfu it's although a few clouds the sun is burning today even I'm frazzled lol but not complaining as this time last year or rained for weeks but my Son says we are getting an Indian summer that he promised about 3 years ago but worth the wait lol it's to hot to do much so chilling in the garden Sis and I did the shopping yesterday morning at 8 am and back for 9 boy I'm glad I did as everyone had the same idea lots of salad stuff and nibbles as I refuse to stand over a gas stove burning my butt off and right now hubby's making a bacon butty and whinging it's too hot canny please some folks ,betcha Mags is on the tennis she loves it bless her ,well butty time so bye for now Grace .

+Quote Post
norrie123
post 8th Jul 2018, 05:35pm
Post #17818

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Grace, you have been too long away from Glasgow, its a Roll and Bacon biggrin.gif, needs to be a Mortons roll right enough, hope you enjoyed it

Bye for now, norrie

+Quote Post
margie
post 10th Jul 2018, 06:19am
Post #17819

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Grace, You Are right, I,m loving my tennis but it is keeping me from sitting out in garden. Only consolation is I,m a big Rafa fan and so far he is doing well. Norrie I was in town last week and could have cried when I saw the art school, It,s so sad, I loved Rennie Mc Intosh and the building was stunning. Sauchiehall Street is a total disaster now. Homeless people sleeping rough in shop doorways , these people should be getting help, and the streets are filthy, what must the tourist,s think. I remember when we took a pride in our city, George Square was full of flowers ,now it,s so empty looking. Well thats my rant over for today guy,s .Have a good one. Cheers Margie.

+Quote Post
norrie123
post 10th Jul 2018, 05:56pm
Post #17820

Mega City Key Holder
Hi Margie, what made me think you lived in England? silly me
I walk along Sauchiehall st often and I am sure are like myself and can remember Daly's, Trerons Copeland and Lye etc large quality department stores in the area, these demolitions and empty shops like BHS dont help the appearance of the area, I dont know what they can do to bring it back to being well visited
There will be more building work on Sauchiehall st in the next year or so, BHS, the gap that just been demolished, across from BHS and perhaps the old Cinema behind the GSA, or parts of that site

Bye for now, norrie

+Quote Post

1191 Pages V  « < 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Aug 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.