Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pots And Pans Hen Night
**TAM**
post 4th Mar 2018, 07:28pm
Post #31

It was called a "Bottling" in Dumbarton in the 50s 60s & 70s early 80s then Hen Night took over .

Girl wid go roon wi pots & pans banging them singing, "Hard Up,Hard Up Hard Up Tin Can Sharon Bakers got a man" . Etc etc or whit ever the lassies name wiz . smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ExPOW
post 5th Mar 2018, 12:10am
Post #32

Super Resident
Member No.: 13,466
One night walking to my aunt's house in Balornock, I happened to be accosted by some pot-banging
young women dragging some hapless about-to-married friend around looking for a possible suspect.

Crossing the street (heading eastwards on Broomfield Road Springburn) some fifty yards ahead of
them as they approached, I saw that they had spotted me, a callow youth, allbut eighteen years old.

It was obvious, I was an intended target as they made a beeline straight to me allthewhile increasing their
"Kick the can" chant rising towards fever pitch.
Not quite at the intersection of Broomfield and Drumbottie (how apt?) Road we collided and where it was
announced that some serious lip-locking was required immediately.

And so we did.
The lady in question may have been a little under "the influence" but it became apparent the some of her other
senses quickly woke up. She was quite responsive if not to say entheusiastic.

After what seemed about seven or so minutes she disengaged gasping and was duly lead away.
Half a minute later two of her pals caught up with me stating that they wanted some of what she had
just had.
(women talk)

Oh well.....

Noblesse Oblige.

--------------------
Held prisoner in Scotland from 1953. Escaped to England in 1970 then to Homeland Canada in 1980.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th Sep 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.