Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glasgow List: Glasgow Customs, Not "Please show me your passport"
angel
post 4th Jan 2009, 08:20pm
Post #121

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
you just never know Heather, thats funny . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jeani
post 10th Jan 2010, 12:54am
Post #122

Visitor
Member No.: 5,445
just been enjoying reading through these posts n remember most of them, one i remember from when we were younger n has stayed wi me over the years was we were never allowed out the house after the bells till somebody had firstfooted us, and one of my mothers was never whistle in the house cos it was terrible bad luck ! my mother was welsh so we never knew if this was a welsh superstition or a scots one,? anybody know ??,,,, jeani

+Quote Post
jeani
post 11th Jan 2010, 01:52am
Post #123

Visitor
Member No.: 5,445
also, apart from whistling in the house being bad luck, birds in the house were also meant to be bad luck ? anybody know why ??,,,, jeani

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 11th Jan 2010, 03:49am
Post #124

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
QUOTE (jeani @ 11th Jan 2010, 02:50am) *
also, apart from whistling in the house being bad luck, birds in the house were also meant to be bad luck ? anybody know why ??,,,, jeani

Thought you were on about burds in the house tongue.gif (They cause men tae get slapped kissers)
But birds poo on the curtains.
Your post #119: One of my mates over here had a wee boy just over 2 year ago and I was explaining the Christening Piece to him and he was saying he's no sure about gettin' the wean christened. A week later I pressed a piece of silver into the wee boys hand, told the mate it was a Scottish tradition. He looked at the silver; a St Christopher on a wee silver chain. He said, "You're not a Christian!" I said, "It's a Scottish tradition and I'm Scottish. What can the wean dae about that?" rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.