Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1350 Pages V  « < 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
bilbo.s
post 18th Jun 2017, 04:40pm
Post #20191

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
thumbup.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 18th Jun 2017, 04:41pm
Post #20192

Mega City Key Holder
What a nerve, criticising Nicola Sturgeon for her anti- Brexit stance and accusing her of neglecting the good of the country. Not a word about Mad May and her Brexit crusade, which any sane person in UK or abroad knows is to the severe detriment of the country, whether one means Scotland or UK.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 18th Jun 2017, 07:52pm
Post #20193

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
I don't envy Mrs Jagz job of washing those brown undergarments of yours. laugh.gif

We just want Sturgeon to cease using Indyref2 as a ploy to derail the Brexit process. The world and its wee ginger dug knows the flippin SNP position and we're fed up hearing it.

All of us Remainers are regretful, Bilbo, but let's wait and see what the two Unions can agree upon.

PS

If we examine the SNP position a little more closely it has changed. Unlike in the 1st referendum, this stance implies that Scotland has a feasible future in the UK, since it just might turn out that there are competent negotiators on both sides of Brexit who'll make the best of it, thereby paradoxically affirming 2014's No vote. Is that the possibility that's really keeping Mrs Jagz so busy?

What Scots don't want however, is one cessation closely followed by another. We don't want either, so we certainly don't want both.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 18th Jun 2017, 08:18pm
Post #20194

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 18th Jun 2017, 07:52pm) *
We just want Sturgeon to cease using Indyref2 as a ploy to derail the Brexit process. The world and its wee ginger dug knows the flippin SNP position and we're fed up hearing it.

heard a few times that the Tv gets switched over when she comes on, from sell out 'tours' and mass selfie walkabouts of 2 years ago to being unpopular among a lot of the population is good going wink.gif

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 18th Jun 2017, 08:39pm
Post #20195

Mega City Key Holder
In essence, this debate has gone on long enough.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 18th Jun 2017, 08:39pm
Post #20196

Mega City Key Holder

And to think this idiot who did this put the video on his facebook page thinking it was OK to follow a woman into a restaurant, video her and call her Tory scum.

Is this fate to befall anyone who questions Wee Nic

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/food...urant-1-4478957

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 18th Jun 2017, 10:19pm
Post #20197

Mega City Key Holder
THINK what ANOTHER divisive referendum would do to Scottish society. The ramifications are stark. You can multiply risks (such as this, John) by one hundred, for all the circumstances and reasons discussed.

The FM has brought this crisis in the Yes movement upon herself. She has much to consider...

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 18th Jun 2017, 10:52pm
Post #20198

Mega City Key Holder
The only thing wrong with Scottish society is that there are too many eejits like john.mcn and you around. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 18th Jun 2017, 11:39pm
Post #20199

Mega City Key Holder

Just as well you emigrated then aint it, theres one less one to worry about,

You really do not like people who dont vote the way you want do you..

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 18th Jun 2017, 11:45pm
Post #20200

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 18th Jun 2017, 10:19pm) *
THINK what ANOTHER divisive referendum would do to Scottish society. The ramifications are stark. You can multiply risks (such as this, John) by one hundred, for all the circumstances and reasons discussed.

The FM has brought this crisis in the Yes movement upon herself. She has much to consider...

They could have done so much in Westminster but wasted their time. They had two years for instance to bring forward legislation for PR, they were in support of apparently up until they won a majority using the fptp, maybe once they are in the minority again they will support it, who knows.

--------------------
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 19th Jun 2017, 07:04am
Post #20201

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 19th Jun 2017, 01:45am) *
They could have done so much in Westminster but wasted their time. They had two years for instance to bring forward legislation for PR, they were in support of apparently up until they won a majority using the fptp, maybe once they are in the minority again they will support it, who knows.

Perhaps you can explain to us lesser mortals, how a party with 56 members out of 600+ can do any good. I seem to recall that any motion they put forward at Westminster was dismissed out-of-hand.
I am guessing you mean a majority of Scottish seats in WM. When did this become a minority? Dodgy arithmetic, or just wishful thinking?

Which of the myriad forms of PR do you advocate, or just one which gets rid of SNP?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 19th Jun 2017, 07:11am
Post #20202

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 19th Jun 2017, 01:39am) *
Just as well you emigrated then aint it, theres one less one to worry about,

You really do not like people who dont vote the way you want do you..

Your first statement makes absolutely no sense, but what's new?

Your second statement is untrue. I do not like people's voting differently from me. Do you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Jun 2017, 10:54am
Post #20203

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 18th Jun 2017, 08:52pm) *
I don't envy Mrs Jagz job of washing those brown undergarments of yours. laugh.gif

Unlike you kem i don't need anyone to do my laundry, and the only time my underpants get soiled is when i'm pissin' myself laughing at you and John doing anything but discussing the issue of the moment which is the Brexit talks which begin today, no wonder people are sick of listening about Indyref 2 as that's all you and John go on about, i'm sick of hearing you go on about it.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 19th Jun 2017, 01:23pm
Post #20204

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 19th Jun 2017, 12:54pm) *
Unlike you kem i don't need anyone to do my laundry, and the only time my underpants get soiled is when i'm pissin' myself laughing at you and John doing anything but discussing the issue of the moment which is the Brexit talks which begin today, no wonder people are sick of listening about Indyref 2 as that's all you and John go on about, i'm sick of hearing you go on about it.

Sounds like gutter talk to my sensitive ears, Jagz. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 19th Jun 2017, 03:23pm
Post #20205

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 19th Jun 2017, 11:54am) *

I think we're on the same page, but you could just be towing the Party line. Nevertheless, if this debate ends and Brexit does indeed engage the nation, then I'm biggrin.gif with that.

Agreed?

+Quote Post

1350 Pages V  « < 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.