Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Salmond Vs Sturgeon, A fishy affair
Kemedian
post 31st Aug 2018, 10:24am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
An avoidable power struggle has developed at the heart of Scottish Government. An ex-member of the SNP is not only contesting allegations of indecency, he is also actually contesting the whole reporting process.

In this high stakes episode of who dares wins, the party is split in support for these two leaders, current and former. The current is stressing her support for the two alleged victims of sexual harassment. The former is making a play for the support of the independence movement, in a series of social media statements that undermine and weaken his successor in the role of SNP leader.

The question of who will win can only be considered once it has been established just what this is really all about??

Some key excerpts from Alex Salmond's social media campaign:

It is therefore with great reluctance that I have today (Thursday 23rd August) launched a Judicial Review in the Court of Session which will decide the issue of the lawfullness of the procedure which has been used against me. If I lose then I will have to answer to the complaints both comprehensively and publically. Until then i am bound to say nothing which would impinge on the court proceedings.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexSalmond/stat...7502208/photo/2

I have been a member of the Scottish National Party for 45 years... I hope I have done the Party and the broader independence movement some service... But today I have written to the National Secretary of the Party resigning my membership... I would urge no one else to relinquish their SNP membership... I will continue to serve the independence movement in whatever role and whatever capacity I can... It is a rare thing to be devoted to a cause more important than any individual, it is a precious thing to cherish it and my intention now - as it always has been - is to protect and sustain that cause.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexSalmond/stat...4119681/photo/4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 31st Aug 2018, 12:21pm
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Wishful thinking Kem, don't believe the headlines, there is no split in the SNP.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 31st Aug 2018, 12:23pm
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
With all the turmoil in the Blue and Red Unionist parties over the last two years and not a word from you. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Sep 2018, 09:53am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Why are you so outraged at people freely giving to a crowdfund to challenge an obviously wrong piece of legislation Kem?

You would feel very different if it was you or a family member that was being accused of something and you weren't given any information about what you were being accused of or who was making the accusations.

Be honest Kem, you never bothered about the crowdfunding for legal expenses for the liar Carmichael or Green MSP Andy Wightman?

Just admit you hate Alex Salmond and even when he is cleared of any wrongdoing you'll still believe he's guilty as you have a personal agenda. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 1st Sep 2018, 11:28am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
There's no outrage on my part. But there is shock, which I think we all feel. The shock is compounded by Salmond's reaction, by taking his beloved Party to court and campaigning publically against it.

Let's wait for the outcome of the court proceedings, the police investigation and latterly the Party's due process.

QUOTE (SNP leader at Holyrood, Nicola Sturgeon)
The Scottish Government refutes his criticisms of its process and will defend its position vigorously.

QUOTE (SNP leader at Westminster, Ian Blackford)
There is strong support for the first minister and for the government, from parliamentarians and from party members... I’m sure the processes which have been put in place are absolutely fit for purpose.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Sep 2018, 12:12pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 1st Sep 2018, 12:28pm) *
There's no outrage on my part. But there is shock, which I think we all feel. The shock is compounded by Salmond's reaction, by taking his beloved Party to court and campaigning publically against it.

Let's wait for the outcome of the court proceedings, the police investigation and latterly the Party's due process.

I don't think you speak for anyone but yourself and he isn't taking "his beloved party to court".

Take your own advice and wait and see.

I doubt you will though, you've been wetting yourself with excitement since you scuttled out from the woodwork. yes.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Sep 2018, 12:29pm
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Where did you hear that police proceedings had started? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 1st Sep 2018, 01:12pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Sep 2018, 01:12pm) *
he isn't taking "his beloved party to court".

eyebrow.gif

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 1st Sep 2018, 01:29pm) *
Where did you hear that police proceedings had started? unsure.gif

https
://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish...-over-13129661

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Sep 2018, 03:09pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 1st Sep 2018, 02:12pm) *

Then let them do their jobs and leave the pitchforks and torches in your cupboard for the time being.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 1st Sep 2018, 07:15pm
Post #10

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
From The Gruniard

'Mr Salmond has made this affair far more explosive than it would otherwise have been. The accusations are, of course, very difficult for his party anyway. But he has decided to politicise the affair by turning himself into the victim. He has demanded support which Ms Sturgeon cannot possibly give while retaining credibility. He has fanned the flames of paranoia and conspiracy theorising that lurk in parts of his party. He has therefore put himself above his party and set the SNP on a course that could split it into pro- and anti-Salmond factions. His actions threaten to do lasting damage to the SNP and to the cause to which he has devoted his life.'

Never thought I could feel sorry for NS but the vainglorious former first monster has given her a
massive headache.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 1st Sep 2018, 08:42pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Wow DJ, a Britnat paper hoping for the SNP to split, dream on, save your sympathy for Theresa May, her Separatist party members Johnson, Gove, Rees Mogg, Davis etc really are giving her the Mother and Father massive headache of all time, why don't you concentrate on that mess that you've helped create that effects all our lives than waste your time on a manufactured mud throwing campaign designed to distract the hard of thinking?

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 1st Sep 2018, 11:08pm
Post #12

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
The hard of thinking have just donated 100k to a rather well off former SNP member.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Sep 2018, 10:01am
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 2nd Sep 2018, 12:08am) *
The hard of thinking have just donated 100k to a rather well off former SNP member.

You've ran out of straws to clutch DJ, how's Brexit coming along? yes.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 2nd Sep 2018, 01:24pm
Post #14

Mega City Key Holder
There truly is an element of blind loyalty and of a bunker mentality exuding from this donorship. The whole world as they see it seems to be conspiring against their 'embattled' leader, from Westminster to Holyrood to the media to unionists and unfortunately to the genuine alleged victims.

I partly agree with you Jagz. This is indeed a lot of fuss, although you seem strangely certain that it's about nothing. In which case it will be the SNP, not Salmond, with many questions to answer.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 2nd Sep 2018, 03:16pm
Post #15

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 2nd Sep 2018, 02:24pm) *
There truly is an element of blind loyalty and of a bunker mentality exuding from this donorship. The whole world as they see it seems to be conspiring against their 'embattled' leader, from Westminster to Holyrood to the media to unionists and unfortunately to the genuine alleged victims.

I partly agree with you Jagz. This is indeed a lot of fuss, although you seem strangely certain that it's about nothing. In which case it will be the SNP, not Salmond, with many questions to answer.

Sorry to burst your bubble Kem, but there ain't gonna be a fight between Salmond and the SNP, i'd have thought you'd be more worried about your beloved union imploding? wink.gif

The civil servants work with Holyrood but are UK civil servants under the control of Westminster.

What happened to your "Let's wait for the outcome of the court proceedings, the police investigation and latterly the Party's due process" comment?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.