Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

260 Pages V  « < 258 259 260  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
bilbo.s
post 18th Sep 2018, 04:54pm
Post #3886

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (ashfield @ 18th Sep 2018, 09:40am) *
Talk about sleepwalking into disaster sad.gif

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45498319

No worries! The collapse of the NHS is part of the Toerag masterplan.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
peter.howden
post 19th Sep 2018, 09:47am
Post #3887

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,485
magic

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Sep 2018, 12:41pm
Post #3888

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Moments wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 20th Sep 2018, 08:47am
Post #3889

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
Europe has a lot of problems ,has problems with Mr Trump about tariffs, problems with sanctions on Russia, migration, Turkey, and so on so for Europe it’s a quite difficult time .

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 20th Sep 2018, 11:54am
Post #3890

Mega City Key Holder
DJ thinks EU is in for more difficult times than UK? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th Sep 2018, 02:44pm
Post #3891

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 20th Sep 2018, 09:47am) *
Europe has a lot of problems ,has problems with Mr Trump about tariffs, problems with sanctions on Russia, migration, Turkey, and so on so for Europe it’s a quite difficult time .

And what about an isolated UK after it's ripped out of the EU, will there be no tariff problems or immigration issues DJ? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 20th Sep 2018, 05:02pm
Post #3892

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
You will need to ask the Czech PM as it was him who said it.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 20th Sep 2018, 08:41pm
Post #3893

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 20th Sep 2018, 06:02pm) *
You will need to ask the Czech PM as it was him who said it.

I'm asking you a question?

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 20th Sep 2018, 09:52pm
Post #3894

Mega City Key Holder
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/s...salzburg-ordeal

Suck this up, DJ!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 21st Sep 2018, 09:38am
Post #3895

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 20th Sep 2018, 10:52pm) *

Does DJ expect the EU leaders to be as beguiled with the Dancing Queen's fancy footwork as he is. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
carmella
post Y'day, 02:57pm
Post #3896

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
I wouldn’t have Theresa May’s job for anything. She looked decidedly uncomfortable, but I am inclined to think the sweating had something to do with her diabetes, as well as the airless room which some journalists also found uncomfortable.

It looks as if we might be heading for a no deal, but I also think Tusk is a very rude and ignorant man, who would want to do buisiness with him!

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post Y'day, 06:31pm
Post #3897

Mega City Key Holder
This is a comment from the Comments page of today's Guardian....not mine. The author gave permission for me to use it but preferred not to be credited.

This is all about the respect that Theresa May has been banging on about recently. I thought, like the author, that May's version of respect needed a reply....here it is.

" So, Theresa, here is a question:

You said you can't figure out why the EU has rejected the Chequers proposal, that they should explain what it is that they don't agree with.

Really?

After all this time, you are asking such an inane question?

Is it just plain ignorance that you have succumbed to?

Or is it deliberate defiance then?

Surely, you understand what the EU's founding pillars are?

Freedom of labour, capital, goods and services.

How then did you presumptuously assume that Chequers fulfilled these?

By allocating 20% of the UK's economy to Chequers (goods), and leaving out 80% services), did you think you did yourself a favour? Did you think you could possibly come across as halfway intelligent?

Did you even bother to understand remotely what it means? Maybe you need to be schooled in some of the fundamentals. How on earth did you even think that you could have goods going over without services being involved? What is transport and shipping - if not a service?

The EU has told you over and over again that it would not work. Still you go there in total defiance and try to 'lord' it there - pretending that you know what you are doing - when you have given proof that you really don't know what you are doing.

And then to declare that yours is the "only deal" or no deal?

What gives you the right to declare that on behalf of everyone in the UK?

What is then, this arrogance you have clothed yourself with - that you deserve to have respect?

Have you even thought about the people in Ireland? Or the people in Gibraltar? Or even the people who feel left out in the EU - fellow citizens there? Where is your respect for them?

What about the people who have suffered as a result of your discriminatory policies - especially the Windrush generation? Where was your respect for them?

Where was your respect for integrity when you bribed the DUP £1 billion? Where is your respect now - for the office you are meant to uphold - by constantly colluding with dubious characters and charlatans?

And then you threaten, like your personal village idiot - Dominic Raab - who declares without a shred of integrity, that the UK will not pay its dues to the EU - IF they don't give us a good deal?

Do you think that any country in their right mind will want to work on deals with a country that reneges on its debts?

What have you been doing all this time? Playing chequers and perhaps an occasional game of darts - darting across the EU - behind everyone's back, trying to subvert individuals - divide and conquer?

Did you honestly think they are all as stupid and vapid as you?

Where is your respect for the British people - where you are knowingly throwing them under the bus - where you are deliberately choosing to ignore illegality and fraud - where you are deliberately choosing a path they did not choose - to be poorer and to be sold off to predatory disaster capitalists - who are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to dismantle every public service and department?

And have you even given a single thought about all the lawsuits that will be filed against the UK for breaking the terms of the FDI treaties - due to which the multinational companies invested billions of pounds into the UK - trusting that they would profit from the UK's relation to the EU? They will come, believe me, once Brexit happens.

You said last year there would be no general election. And yet, there you were - declaring one - why? You changed your mind? Oh good...

How did you arrogantly assume that nobody else has the right to change their mind? Especially when your government has itself shown us what a disaster awaits us - while Rees Mogg rubs his hands in glee?

Right now you are choosing the epitaph that History will write upon your tombstone in posterity. It will not be kind, we can assure you.

Sadly, hypocrisy and ignorant arrogance have a new champion and avatar in you.

Show us you are deserving of respect - by having the courage to stand up to the real enemies of the people - the Rees Moggs, the Johnsons, the Davises.

Act with respect towards others. Respect the rights of others. Respect their freedoms. Respect their right to honour and their right to change their mind.

And then - you will gain respect too."

--------------------

+Quote Post

260 Pages V  « < 258 259 260
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Sep 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.