Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brexit News, We told you so.
carmella
post 27th Feb 2020, 10:42am
Post #151

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 58
Well I’m with Dave here. I remember all these people on Pathe news. People who were also “Windrush” who Britain needed and the government of the day [if not the populus] welcomed with open arms. These folks didn’t have it easy when they came here.

Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa have all encouraged over many years since the 50s, skilled workers for industry commerce etc., because of need. There is nothing new there.

You cannot simply go to any of these countries as you please.

People have always migrated for work or, in a lot of cases the perception of a better quality of life, and there is nothing wrong with that. What I have always been opposed to is open borders. If you want to go to the UK from anywhere in Europe or the rest of the world, do the necessary applications and prove you won’t be a burden on the State.

Having open borders you have no idea who you are allowing to enter. Not for the first time escaped prisoners have entered the UK from Europe, having been found guilty and sentenced for a capital offence. Only when they commit a serious offence, including murder here has it come to the attention of the authorities, they have previous convictions in their own country.

Many foreign workers are good decent people with nothing to hide, who often come here to send some of their earnings to less well off family “ back home”. Some of these people contribute a lot to our economy without ever being a burden. They are genuine workers.

Some jobs these people do are beneath the British labour force who want jobs they are well under qualified to perform, and who would rather sit at home getting an income from the British government without lifting a finger, lazy people who contribute nothing to our country. Come on, we all know they exist. These are the takers who give nothing back. We are supposed to feel sorry for them. Well I don’t.

Why is it that our lazy folk can’t veg and fruit pick on our farms, is it beneath them, just as an example. We also know that farmers would have to pay minimum wage, which perhaps is not cost effective for some!

We have those very poor disabled people, mentally and physically, who would give their all just to be able to go to work like the rest of us, but who never will through no fault of their own. These are the people who I will defend, and who should get the best benefits in money and special equipment we can provide them with.

There are countries where you get benefits similar to here, but in order to qualify, you have to work.

Don’t get me started on baby boxes!

Part of this reply should go in my “Whinging” thread, so please don’t tell me I am, sign_offtopic.gif

--------------------
It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way.
- Aristotle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 27th Feb 2020, 03:04pm
Post #152

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (DannyH @ 27th Feb 2020, 11:02am) *
Bilbo, your sarcasm has not been lost on me.

Danny

God! I do so hate waste.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 6th Mar 2020, 03:35pm
Post #153

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
Brexit preparations cost taxpayer more than £4bn

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th Mar 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.