Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

24 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Salmond Vs Sturgeon, A fishy affair
Kemedian
post 30th Apr 2020, 01:07pm
Post #256

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 30th Apr 2020, 02:01pm) *
Of course Alex Salmond won't let it go, he was falsely accused of disgusting crimes, and he also has a book to sell. wink.gif

Pre-ordered your's yet? wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 30th Apr 2020, 05:14pm
Post #257

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 30th Apr 2020, 02:07pm) *

No.

Does that count as starting a discussion? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 30th Apr 2020, 05:34pm
Post #258

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 30th Apr 2020, 02:07pm) *

QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 30th Apr 2020, 06:14pm) *
No.

eyebrow.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 22nd Aug 2020, 11:11am
Post #259

Mega City Key Holder
Exactly. yes.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
sumac
post 22nd Aug 2020, 02:24pm
Post #260

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,359
I can hardly believe that grown adults can bicker and fight about a person they don’t know, going to court, being cleared of the charges against him and even then, insulting each other.
Surely it’s time to say either I was right about him or I was wrong about him. Remember, we don’t know him (we know OF him) so we all have our opinions and should not shout others down or decry them because their opinions differ from ours.

--------------------
Ah don't hear sae well withoot ma specs

+Quote Post
sumac
post 2nd Oct 2020, 10:47am
Post #261

Mega City Key Holder
We had a brilliant wee barney yesterday in Holyrood between Wee Burnie and Ruth Davidson. Ruth asked Nick when she was going to speak to the Committee on Alec Salmond’s case. Wee Nick got angry, went bright red and insisted she has passed all the required files to the Committee and has heard nothing from them. Apparently, she hasn’t actually passed on the files - they are still with Nick’s team of lawyers who are going over them with a fine tooth comb and won’t hand them over till they have been thoroughly scrutinised. For what, we wonder?!!!

We wait with baited breath.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Oct 2020, 04:42pm
Post #262

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (sumac @ 2nd Oct 2020, 11:47am) *
We had a brilliant wee barney yesterday in Holyrood between Wee Burnie and Ruth Davidson. Ruth asked Nick when she was going to speak to the Committee on Alec Salmond’s case. Wee Nick got angry, went bright red and insisted she has passed all the required files to the Committee and has heard nothing from them. Apparently, she hasn’t actually passed on the files - they are still with Nick’s team of lawyers who are going over them with a fine tooth comb and won’t hand them over till they have been thoroughly scrutinised. For what, we wonder?!!!

We wait with baited breath.

No insulting nicknames for the Baroness is see Sumac? yes.gif

+Quote Post
sumac
post 3rd Oct 2020, 08:15pm
Post #263

Mega City Key Holder
No, I respect others’ wishes. Some people are very sensitive about these things. 😱

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 3rd Oct 2020, 11:05pm
Post #264

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (sumac @ 3rd Oct 2020, 09:15pm) *
No, I respect others’ wishes. Some people are very sensitive about these things. 😱

So, just insults on one side then? yes.gif

+Quote Post
sumac
post 4th Oct 2020, 02:09pm
Post #265

Mega City Key Holder
Not at all. If you had read my posts, you would see I am pretty scathing about Trump and Boris, too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sumac
post 19th Dec 2020, 11:20am
Post #266

Mega City Key Holder
Just had to add a wee comment here. Aren’t things going spiffingly for Nicola and all the people who lied about Alec Salmond or had their complaints made public in court by their leader, when they didn’t want that. Nicola’s stories have changed by the day - one day, she didn’t have a chat with Alec, next day, “Oh, I forgot I had;” one day, she didn’t talk about Alec to her husband, the next, “Oh, I forgot I did;” one day, “I have handed over all the files to the Committee”, weeks and weeks later, “Oh, I forgot. We still have them and are looking them over.”

What a memory! It’s worse than mine - and she’s running our country!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Dec 2020, 06:46pm
Post #267

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (sumac @ 19th Dec 2020, 11:20am) *
What a memory! It’s worse than mine - and she’s running our country!!!

And a good job she's doing of it too, thank goodness you or Johnson or any of his cronies aren't running our country, though you'd probably do a slightly better job than they would, then again, a plank of wood would do a better job than them. yes.gif

+Quote Post
sumac
post 19th Dec 2020, 06:55pm
Post #268

Mega City Key Holder
It’s interesting to note that, of all I said about our revered leader, you couldn’t come back at me about any of it, just a retort about how I would run the country!!! How ridiculous! But then all Sturgeonites can’t defend their beloved Nicola in these matters. She has already shown how great a leader she is - “I forgot” is her battle cry. How convenient but how duplicitous!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 19th Dec 2020, 08:16pm
Post #269

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (sumac @ 19th Dec 2020, 06:55pm) *
It’s interesting to note that, of all I said about our revered leader, you couldn’t come back at me about any of it, just a retort about how I would run the country!!! How ridiculous! But then all Sturgeonites can’t defend their beloved Nicola in these matters. She has already shown how great a leader she is - “I forgot” is her battle cry. How convenient but how duplicitous!

I can't come back with anything you said about Nicola Sturgeon as i don't know what points your trying to make?

And i'm not a Sturgeonite nor a Salmondista, i'm a Scot who wants my country to regain it's independence and be like every other normal independent country.

+Quote Post
sumac
post 23rd Dec 2020, 10:43am
Post #270

Mega City Key Holder
The point I was “trying to make” was that Nicola “forgets” a lot. When she has no excuse to make about a “mistake” she made, she either “forgets” or blames someone else, usually “the Toreez”.

Like you, as I have said often now, I want our country to be independent, but not with Nicola in charge. As an aside, who would want someone as a leader who decries people who have flouted the advice on Covid (quite rightly so) then is photographed maskless at a gathering! That is the act of someone who is very stupid (surely she knows her every move is being scrutinised!) or very arrogant (“I, as your First Minister, have many very difficult decisions to make. I don’t sleep at night”). Either way, not the kind of person we want to lead a country as an independent one.

The point I was “trying to make” is that you should view our FM with the same scrutiny you view other leaders, warts and all. I have said before, her oratory is brilliant. What a speaker! But I can see her bad points, too. Surely you can see faults, too, yet you sound as though Ms Sturgeon can do no wrong. I bet you’ve got a great excuse for her not wearing her mask at the wake?!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Jun 2021

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.