Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

274 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uk Independence Referendum - Brexit, Yes or No on EU membership
Rating 3 V
bilbo.s
post 15th Jun 2015, 09:32pm
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 15th Jun 2015, 11:12pm) *
I'll do my best to try to limit your exposure to his incoherent ramblings by not quoting anymore posts, starting right here in this thread. I think i made my point quite clear so i'll leave him to argue with himself, at least that way he's arguing with someone of similar intellect wink.gif

Much appreciated, John. Now I just have to persuade KTV and it should be sorted. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ktv
post 16th Jun 2015, 08:12am
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,730
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 15th Jun 2015, 10:12pm) *
I think i made my point quite clear so i'll leave him to argue with himself, at least that way he's arguing with someone of similar intellect wink.gif

you'll only leave a vacuum that no knowledge can escape/enter wacko.gif

QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 15th Jun 2015, 10:40pm) *
Much appreciated, John. Now I just have to persuade KTV and it should be sorted. biggrin.gif

I have also (nearly) given up talking to a spatial roundabout myself laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 16th Jun 2015, 03:13pm
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 25,884
Is the whole SNP manifesto not up for discussion on here???

It's on the manifesto, so it must be right?

Anyone who thinks otherwise can be insulted and shut out?

Get real, bilbo and ktv. At least John and I can agree to disagree. You guys show far too little respect on here, at times to the detriment of the board, in my opinion.

+Quote Post
ktv
post 16th Jun 2015, 03:20pm
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
respect is earned not granted and your opinion changes from day to day so maybe you should "get real" yes.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 16th Jun 2015, 03:59pm
Post #50

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ktv @ 16th Jun 2015, 04:28pm) *
respect is earned not granted and your opinion changes from day to day so maybe you should "get real" yes.gif

So you say.

Tell me, how could I ever earn your respect? By toeing the Party line, perhaps?

I do not seek anyone's respect, although I do hope to be given it in return for showing it.

If you and Bilbo have nothing to add to the discussion, then why post at all? Just to insult me?

No, you get real.

+Quote Post
ktv
post 16th Jun 2015, 05:31pm
Post #51

Mega City Key Holder
I'll post when I want regardless of your ever changing input.
I was mentioned in the thread so I posted...simple.

One post above your bleating about respect then the very next post your saying you don't want it while asking how to get it...... This is exactly why you don't get any because you change your tune constantly.

Maybe you should form an opinion and stick to it for more than 15 mins then people might actually accept what you say as a valid opinion.

But we all know that's how trolls operate.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 16th Jun 2015, 06:55pm
Post #52

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (john.mcn @ 14th Jun 2015, 10:27pm) *
Do you see anyone else bothered that a party whose manifesto stated they were against a EU referendum did what they said they would do ?

I am not criticising the SNP for acting as per its manifesto, as your attempt to avoid the issue suggests. I am discussing the policy - as it is being tested in Parliament - which recent, as well as past, evidence suggests sits at odds with popular opinion.

Attached Image

The results of the poll suggested that voters would rather have a referendum on whether or not to leave the European Union than another referendum on Scottish independence.

Voters gave the policy statement "hold another referendum on Scottish independence within the next five years" a score of 5.6 out of 10.

The policy statement "hold a referendum to ask people whether they wish to stay in or leave the European Union" was slightly more popular, with a score of 6.1 out of 10.

The idea of stopping immigrants from the rest of the European Union from claiming welfare benefits until they have been in the UK for four years scored 6.8.

The policy of putting a limit on the number of people coming to live in the UK was less popular, with a score of 6.3.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 16th Jun 2015, 06:59pm
Post #53

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ktv @ 16th Jun 2015, 06:39pm) *
One post above your bleating about respect then the very next post your saying you don't want it while asking how to get it...... This is exactly why you don't get any because you change your tune constantly.

But we all know that's how trolls operate.

It was a rhetorical question.

Back to calling me names again?

Ho hum.

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 19th Jun 2015, 02:47pm
Post #54

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Nicola Sturgeon @ today)
The decisions the European Union takes, the terms of the UK's membership, impacts on our economy, impacts on jobs, impacts on industries like fishing and farming and issues like climate change.

These are all responsibilities of the Scottish government. So you can't simply put it in a box and say it's got nothing to do with the Scottish government. These things matter a lot to people right across this country.

It is absolutely essential that Scotland's voice, and those of the other devolved administrations, is heard to ensure our interests are acknowledged.

That is why I am today calling for a forum to be identified which gives the devolved governments a direct input to the negotiations to ensure that our priorities are listened to and our vital interests are protected.

Last week, her Party seemed to think those issues weren't worth a public vote in Scotland and didn't require her attention. huh.gif

Thankfully, it looks now as if the UKIP led movement for British Independence shall be tested in the hearts and minds of the electorate, and hopefully defeated. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 7th Jul 2015, 10:12pm
Post #55

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

Could The National campaign for a No?

+Quote Post
ktv
post 8th Jul 2015, 07:30am
Post #56

Mega City Key Holder
yes they could if there was ever a referendum on austerity....

but there isn't going to be.

wont bother you though because you knew fine well this would happen to US when you ticked your wee no box

hope your happy now

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 8th Jul 2015, 08:16am
Post #57

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 08:38am) *
yes they could if there was ever a referendum on austerity....

but there isn't going to be.

wont bother you though because you knew fine well this would happen to US when you ticked your wee no box

hope your happy now

Our Ref wasn't an austerity question, yet you and others on here are attributing every government policy you don't like to the No vote.

So, going by your own judgement - and the front pages - the EU Ref will to a large extent be about austerity. yes.gif

+Quote Post
ktv
post 8th Jul 2015, 08:26am
Post #58

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Jul 2015, 09:24am) *
Our Ref wasn't an austerity question,

and if you knew anything about politics youd know that theirs wasn't an EU in/out question.

are you now saying you weren't aware of the consequence's of voting no in our indy ref?

the tory gov you and your cronies landed us with will continue austerity whether we are in the EU or not so yet again you either totally misunderstand what is going on or your just trolling again.

so which one is it?

+Quote Post
Kemedian
post 8th Jul 2015, 08:53am
Post #59

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 09:34am) *
and if you knew anything about politics youd know that theirs wasn't an EU in/out question.

I know, but ours is.

QUOTE (ktv @ 8th Jul 2015, 09:34am) *
are you now saying you weren't aware of the consequence's of voting no in our indy ref?

the tory gov you and your cronies landed us with will continue austerity whether we are in the EU or not so yet again you either totally misunderstand what is going on or your just trolling again.

so which one is it?

Define trolling again?

Our last Ref was also in/out, but (as anyone can see from your posts) it was most definitely about austerity.

So, UK austerity bad, EU austerity good?

+Quote Post
ktv
post 8th Jul 2015, 09:37am
Post #60

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Kemedian @ 8th Jul 2015, 10:01am) *
I know, but ours is.

so what has that got to do with Greece voting against austerity?

Our last Ref was also in/out, but (as anyone can see from your posts) it was most definitely about austerity.

so you knew what would happen but you still voted for it anyway.

Define trolling again?

Kemedian:
A Kemedian, or simply kem in Internet slang, is someone who posts irrelevant, contradictory or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

So, UK austerity bad, EU austerity good?

showing your lack of knowledge again with that question....maybe you should try and do some of your "research" into what was happening in Greece and why the people have voted not to leave the EU but against the ECB's austerity demands.

+Quote Post

274 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th Jun 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.