Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

1405 Pages V  « < 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scottish Independence, About voting yes/no
Rating 4 V
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jan 2018, 09:33am
Post #20896

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Have a nice weekend John. wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Jan 2018, 09:39am
Post #20897

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Gone from being a looney to a raving looney!

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
Dykejumper
post 6th Jan 2018, 02:01pm
Post #20898

City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,271
bilbo's post is offensive to people with mental health problems,he clearly doesnt know that in Scotland calling people names is not acceptable.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Jan 2018, 02:31pm
Post #20899

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 6th Jan 2018, 03:01pm) *
bilbo's post is offensive to people with mental health problems,he clearly doesnt know that in Scotland calling people names is not acceptable.

Things must have changed since I left there on Thursday at 17.50 hrs from Prestwick. Either that or nobody told me of the change. Sorry if I have offended you, DJ, but I always thought you were just stupid. BTW , does this mean you, or your nasty mate, will not be making up any more ever-so-witty nicknames for Nicola Sturgeon? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jan 2018, 10:11pm
Post #20900

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Dykejumper @ 6th Jan 2018, 02:01pm) *

But me being called a "Moron", "Daft", "Numbnuts" etc is perfectly ok as long as it's from a fellow unionist DJ?

Which people in Scotland are you speaking for exactly? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 6th Jan 2018, 11:13pm
Post #20901

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 6th Jan 2018, 11:11pm) *
Which people in Scotland are you speaking for exactly? unsure.gif

tongue.gif the bwitish wans in region 3 laugh.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 6th Jan 2018, 11:20pm
Post #20902

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wombat @ 6th Jan 2018, 11:13pm) *
tongue.gif the bwitish wans in region 3 laugh.gif

Of course, the British subjects, i should have known. yes.gif

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 12th Jan 2018, 06:57pm
Post #20903

Mega City Key Holder
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 13th Jan 2018, 11:59am
Post #20904

Mega City Key Holder
Confusing weekly with annual figures of patients that had waited more than four hours at A&E departments last week was more than a "factual error" it was a downright lie intended to deceive.

A Tweeted apology means nothing, the BBC should have her on the national news at exactly the same time the original piece of misinformation was aired to give the true figures and then apologise. yes.gif

sarah smith

Verified account

@BBCsarahsmith
Jan 12
More
This week I made a factual error in a report on the BBC 6 o’clock news. For which I apologise. I mistakenly used the annual figure for A&E waiting times in Scotland instead of the weekly one. As soon as I realised my error I changed the report for all subsequent broadcasts.

705 replies 691 retweets 612 likes
Reply 705 Retweet 691 Like 612

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 13th Jan 2018, 12:13pm
Post #20905

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 13th Jan 2018, 12:59pm) *
Confusing weekly with annual figures of patients that had waited more than four hours at A&E departments last week was more than a "factual error" it was a downright lie intended to deceive.

A Tweeted apology means nothing, the BBC should have her on the national news at exactly the same time the original piece of misinformation was aired to give the true figures and then apologise. yes.gif

sarah smith

Verified account

@BBCsarahsmith
Jan 12
More
This week I made a factual error in a report on the BBC 6 o’clock news. For which I apologise. I mistakenly used the annual figure for A&E waiting times in Scotland instead of the weekly one. As soon as I realised my error I changed the report for all subsequent broadcasts.

705 replies 691 retweets 612 likes
Reply 705 Retweet 691 Like 612

Not going to happen. BBC & HMG answer to nobody!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 14th Jan 2018, 04:41pm
Post #20906

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 13th Jan 2018, 12:13pm) *
Not going to happen. BBC & HMG answer to nobody!

You're right Bilbo, the papers also know they can run SNP bad stories with banner headlines knowing it's all a lie and can then print a small paragraph apology halfway down page 29 safe in the knowledge that the lie has been believed by the gullible. yes.gif

+Quote Post
wombat
post 14th Jan 2018, 05:02pm
Post #20907

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
thumbup.gif spot on M8 thumbup.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 15th Jan 2018, 05:24pm
Post #20908

Mega City Key Holder
Those silly Norwegians are at it again, imagine rejecting President Trumps invite to move to the wonderful USA.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/01/15/norway-...-praise-n837451

I think they must be drinking their worthless Black stuff. yes.gif

+Quote Post
prince21
post 16th Jan 2018, 01:05pm
Post #20909

Special Visitor
Member No.: 30,959
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 6th Jan 2018, 09:39am) *
Gone from being a looney to a raving looney!

I just wonder when the people of not only Scotland but the rest of the uk wake up and see sense.
Scotland needs Europe and Europe needs Scotland as doe,s the rest of the UK
In my job i meet many foreign nationals many of whom live here and work and more than pay yes.gif their fare share into our economy unlike may of our super rich who avoid their fare share of income tax putting their assets in offshore accounts. These i find are the same people who go on about Britain First.
I hope one day Scotland gets it,s rightful freedom and we make our own decisions for the better of everyone and not the few. smile.gif

+Quote Post
DannyH
post 16th Jan 2018, 02:40pm
Post #20910

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,412
QUOTE (prince21 @ 16th Jan 2018, 01:05pm) *
I just wonder when the people of not only Scotland but the rest of the uk wake up and see sense.
Scotland needs Europe and Europe needs Scotland as doe,s the rest of the UK
In my job i meet many foreign nationals many of whom live here and work and more than pay yes.gif their fare share into our economy unlike may of our super rich who avoid their fare share of income tax putting their assets in offshore accounts. These i find are the same people who go on about Britain First.
I hope one day Scotland gets it,s rightful freedom and we make our own decisions for the better of everyone and not the few. smile.gif

Hello Prince

It is refreshing to see a post where someone expresses their own opinions, rather than posting links to other people’s long winded biased views.

However, having said that, I note that in your opinion, those who voted to leave the the EU need to waken up.

You go on to say, in effect, that it is the people with money who avoid paying their fair share of tax are the same people who go on about Britain First. Could you give us some names please?

As I recall, it was the working class who swung the vote for Brexit. I also recall that wealthy politicians and wealthy ex politicians lined up to support remain. The wealthy South East of England, including a London, voted to remain.

You also say the we need the EU, but you do not say why. Please, lease do not say Trade. Everything I have purchased, other than food, and petrol, but including hardware and clothing, comes from the Far East. That is not going to change, Brexit or no Brexit.

Please also note, you are not unique. Many of us have worked with foreign nationals.

I have relatives who live in the North of Scotland. Every time I go up there now, I am reminded of the Highland Clearances. This time, instead of replacing the local people with sheep, they are replacing them with EU nationals. Try getting work in the Service Industry, if you are Scottish and live in a rural area.

And who is doing it? The people with the money who you claim want to leave the EU!

Regards

Danny Harris

+Quote Post

1405 Pages V  « < 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Jul 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.