Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

25 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is The Union Already Lost?, Referendum: 18th September 2014
wombat
post 7th Jan 2014, 09:17pm
Post #181

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,196
tongue.gif did he hiv a sister called ella ? salmonella tongue.gif

--------------------
the mighty only appear mighty
because YOU are on your knees.RISE UP.

wombat thit grates oan yie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DavidT
post 7th Jan 2014, 09:51pm
Post #182

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,194
QUOTE (wombat @ 7th Jan 2014, 09:34pm) *
tongue.gif did he hiv a sister called ella ? salmonella tongue.gif

Wis he no actually from SOUTH Korea? Who could forget the classic, "I'm a Seoul Man" by Salm Ond Dave tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 7th Jan 2014, 09:58pm
Post #183

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
Or even the South Pacific favourite "Salmondchanted Evening" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DavidT
post 7th Jan 2014, 10:11pm
Post #184

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,194
laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 7th Jan 2014, 10:47pm
Post #185

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545
To follow on from the 'Devo max' non option i recommend reading Peter Currans brilliant blog.

http://moridura.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/sco...rties-cant.html

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post
GG
post 7th Jan 2014, 11:24pm
Post #186

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
A bit of order please! thumbup.gif

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 7th Jan 2014, 11:24pm
Post #187

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (angel @ 7th Jan 2014, 07:48pm) *
they don't have to ...... remember they have been called in past post's as being stupid for not being in the yes camp. so what are you looking for , more stupidity , and infantile remarks , Why ? , when we already have enough comming from you and your cohorts .

Oh dear, was it something I said ? I am certainly not looking for more stupidity and infantile remarks, but that seems to be all that is comming (sic) from your wee pal and you. The YES voters in general try to debate seriously on this important topic, but are continually and deliberately frustrated by the inane and vindictive remarks from your little clique of two.

Speaking for myself, I have no objection to views opposite to mine, but it would be good to understand the justification for those positions. Oh, I forgot - you don't do justifications - you don't have to. tongue.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
angel
post 8th Jan 2014, 01:45am
Post #188

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,675
biggrin.gif

long legs do not make a man or a friend .

--------------------
donate to your local food bank .
Pat.

+Quote Post
Elma
post 8th Jan 2014, 02:39am
Post #189

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
eh?????????? wink.gif

+Quote Post
*Guvin jimm*
post 8th Jan 2014, 08:36am
Post #190

QUOTE (ann mcdonald @ 7th Jan 2014, 12:26pm) *
On scanning this site I notice some people who seem to have all the answers much like Salmond. They seem to be a fountain of self centered knowledge and a bit of dreamers like most Nationalists. Here are some historical facts about great Scots dreamers and how we should learn from history.

The Darien project , heard of it ? bet they have and he will correct any mistakes I may make. In the late 1600 s the Scots set of to create their own trading nation called Caledonia on the Ishmus of Panama the capital was called New Edinburgh. One Thomas Drummond was in charge, a dreamer and ill equipped to be in charge . things had only been dreamed about "sound familiar". He and his followers had no idea what was involved in a massive undertaking like this.

The crops failed because they hadnt done their homework on the climate the indians didnt want their trinkets, disease set in and many were dead . All this time word was sent back to Scotland that all was going well (lies) After 8 months in JULY 1699 it was abandoned but because the Scots had not been told in time a second expedition had already left arriving in NOVEMBER 1699. Meanwhile the Spanish who saw their trade being threatened attacked and all but wiped them out.

The few hundred who survived returned home bankrupt having lost the vast fortune they set out with. Disease, starvation, world politics, and bad leadership had ended the dream.

In 1707 after the act of union London granted nearly four hundred thousand pounds to Scotland to offset future liability towards the national debt. This was the amount they had squandered on their ill conceived dream. TENS OF MILLIONS IN TODAYS MONEY. These people had a dream it turned out to be a nightmare. "BEWARE OF THE DREAMERS" No one will be handing us millions back next time. As a foot note the Scots then went on to do rather well forging the Empire in all corners of the Globe along with their English partners . Dont let anyone try and tell you the Empire was created by the English, the Scots played an equal part including all the bad bits some people would like to forget. We all did rather well out of it "ALWAYS BETTER TOGETHER" Hitler found that out to his peril.

Try and read history and not confine yourself to puerile anecdotes. The history of the Darien scheme was also one of treachery on behalf of king William's refusal to send any ships or any kind of salvation to the Scots who were trapped and due largly to "their kings" perfidy perished there. Dont get emotive get educated.

+Quote Post
JAGZ1876
post 8th Jan 2014, 09:04am
Post #191

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,964
QUOTE (angel @ 8th Jan 2014, 02:02am) *
biggrin.gif

long legs do not make a man or a friend .

They would if your your friend was a male stilt walker yes.gif

+Quote Post
Dylan
post 8th Jan 2014, 09:25am
Post #192

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,936
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 7th Jan 2014, 11:41pm) *
Oh dear, was it something I said ? I am certainly not looking for more stupidity and infantile remarks, but that seems to be all that is comming (sic) from your wee pal and you. The YES voters in general try to debate seriously on this important topic, but are continually and deliberately frustrated by the inane and vindictive remarks from your little clique of two.

Speaking for myself, I have no objection to views opposite to mine, but it would be good to understand the justification for those positions. Oh, I forgot - you don't do justifications - you don't have to. tongue.gif

Salm Ond Dave.

Salmondcbhanted Evening.

Very serious. ?

No but light hearted banter and funny !

--------------------
You don't need a weatherman
To know which way the wind blows

+Quote Post
angel
post 8th Jan 2014, 12:14pm
Post #193

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (JAGZ1876 @ 8th Jan 2014, 08:21am) *
They would if your your friend was a male stilt walker yes.gif

you know this from your own personal experience .

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
angel
post 8th Jan 2014, 12:18pm
Post #194

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (bilbo.s @ 7th Jan 2014, 11:41pm)

I have only made one reference to the referendum on this thread
and that was a comment from me to Dylan about his wifes' teeth ,
which was meant as a humorous remark from him , but as usual
you decided to show us all , just how clever you really are ,

anyway , as you and I have no respect for each others' opinion's
it is better that we don't make any more comments on them .

--------------------
Pat.

+Quote Post
john.mcn
post 8th Jan 2014, 12:51pm
Post #195

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,545

Much has been said in this topic about the pledge to introduce free child care for working parents, those on the nay side tell us that it can be implemented within the powers of devolution right now. Well i would like to know what they think about free school meals, i always thought that every child should have at least one free healthy meal a day under the school system and is as important as the lessons, just because a parent/carer works does not mean they have the disposable income to give around £2 a day, per child, for their school meals..
Well the SG does have this power and it looks like come next year primaries 1-3 will have a free meal, a start and its something i hope in the future will be expanded..
What caught my eye about this though is the North British division of the Labour party voted AGAINST it. Do they not care about our children getting a free hot meal a day, are they playing politics with the health of the next generation.. I think yes!
Whats is the point about bleating on about what powers the SG have NOW if all they do is vote against any policies put forward , pathetic bottom feeding scum is probably all i can get away with posting here.
Lamont may try to worm her way out of this saying they were voting against Independence, she will have her chance in September just like every other resident. I know they are the 'opposition' but that does not mean they have to oppose everything the SG does.

--------------------
“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.