Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fruit Shops, 39 Hydepark Street And 136 Henderson Street, Finding out the name of the shops at these addresses
AsHepburn
post 5th May 2015, 09:34am
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 28,606
HI. Thank you for giving me access to this site, I have spent nearly 5 years researching for my father trying to find out about these shops with no luck and I am hoping that someone here will be able to fill in some details for me.

My dad was born at 146 Pollockshaws Road in 1927. His parents (Douglas and Margaret Hepburn) ran a fruit shop at 39 Hydepark Street. On dad's birth certificate his father was a fruitier (master) but my grandfather was actually an engineer and dad thinks that the shop belonged to my grandmother's family. Dad remembers photographs of one of the shops but we can't find out it's name and so I can't get any further looking into who owned it and if it did come to them through my grandmother's family.

My grandmother's maiden name was Masterton and her mother, Agnes Masterton nee Inglis ran a fruit shop at 136 Henderson Street, both shops were registered in the 1925 valuation Rolls.

I have been in touch with the Mitchell Library and even contacted two professional researchers to find out what these shops were called but I am stuck. Please does anyone know anything about them or can you tell me where else I might look?

Any help would be wonderful

Alison.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Aug 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.