Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gordones Shoe Shop, cheaper shoes in this shop than others
dizzybint
post 23rd Oct 2010, 01:23pm
Post #1

Lord Provost
Member No.: 9,116
Gordons was the shoe shop for the lassies that wanted style but hadnt the money for the likes of Saxon, Dolcis or Manfields, none of them took Provi cheques, so it was Gordons with big queues to get served, got my first pair of high heels in there and they crippled me, kin still see them .. brown done with brogue style black patent and a wee bow.. they catered well for stylish winkle pickers and chisel toe high heels.. was just at the bridge in the Gallowgate.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Petrella
post 18th Sep 2012, 03:31pm
Post #2

Settling In
Member No.: 12,808
I remember Gordon's shoe shop where you could get the latest fashion in shoes but you were lucky if they lasted you a week,although they did look nice they made you feel aright glamour girl I remember it being near Schipka pass in the Gallowgate near Glasgow cross

+Quote Post
Melody
post 19th Sep 2012, 07:33am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
Aw I loved that shop. Oh the fab shoes, oh to be young again. smile.gif Sad when we go for comfort these days. laugh.gif It's the first sign ye know. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Anne1
post 19th Sep 2012, 07:58am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,001
Dont remember Gordones shop but a loved Saxones in Sauchiehall St, got my 1st pair of Stilletos from there,,now its more like touch and close type shoes for me ,aye Melody getting auld isnae funny smile.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
ANNWAN

+Quote Post
Melody
post 19th Sep 2012, 08:30am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
I had a pal who had a Saturday job in that Saxones shop Anne, it was a great shoe shop. Do you remember when the cheaper version of shoes were 37/11d and the dearer ones were 49/11d. My goodness that was £1.90p and about £2.50p. Correct me if I'm wrong. smile.gif Mind ye we had hardly any wages.

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 19th Sep 2012, 08:42am
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
Saxones ? Saxones? Did you pair come fae Newton Mearns or Bearsden ? It wis Bata or Bayne & Ducketts fur me an´ah wis fae Mount Vernon then.

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
serabash
post 19th Sep 2012, 10:20am
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,438
I was known at school as the sacha lassie cool.gif I thought I was the bees knees in my sacha platforms. my pals dad said I looked as if I had surgical shoes on laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Elma
post 19th Sep 2012, 03:09pm
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
From: Originally Annan with a wee bit of Glasgow in between now Kimberley, B.C.
Member No.: 1,650
I got all my shoes from Saxone too, my feet, at that time, were very narrow - AA. Now, well sometimes it's wide fitting sad.gif Like you Anne, it was high heels all the time, now I can relate to the flats and ballerinas tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rab
post 19th Sep 2012, 07:40pm
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 13,266
I got my first pair of high-heeled peeptoe slingbacks from Dolcis in Sauchiehall St. They were bright red and lovely and had a cheeky wee gold bow on the front just above my tootsies. They looked great with my toenails. Sigh!

--------------------
Back to using my original name... Rab

+Quote Post
serabash
post 19th Sep 2012, 07:58pm
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,438
dae ye huv any photographic evidence rab laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Melody
post 20th Sep 2012, 08:18am
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (Rab2 @ 19th Sep 2012, 09:55pm) *
I got my first pair of high-heeled peeptoe slingbacks from Dolcis in Sauchiehall St. They were bright red and lovely and had a cheeky wee gold bow on the front just above my tootsies. They looked great with my toenails. Sigh!

Aw bless ye must have looked a picture Rab. yes.gif Aw you ' blokes' are just jealous because the female of the species are simply better looking. dry.gif In fact better everything.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Nov 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.