Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Every Man A Penny
benny
post 6th Mar 2011, 11:03am
Post #46

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,059
Errare humanum est, Bilbo. smile.gif

--------------------
Derea derego fortibus es in aro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Mar 2011, 01:17pm
Post #47

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (benny @ 6th Mar 2011, 12:26pm) *
Errare humanum est, Bilbo. smile.gif

Ah hope that isnae mass ye´re sayin in ma lug. If it is, am no forgivin ye coz am no divine. laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 6th Mar 2011, 01:52pm
Post #48

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,448
Thanks Bill. You've just reminded this pensioned pagan that it's Sunday. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”
― Joseph Heller, God Knows

+Quote Post
bilbo.s
post 6th Mar 2011, 02:39pm
Post #49

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,582
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 6th Mar 2011, 03:15pm) *
Thanks Bill. You've just reminded this pensioned pagan that it's Sunday. laugh.gif

At first glance I read "poisoned pagan" laugh.gif

--------------------
Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't like you, and just because I don't like you doesn't mean I disagree with you.

+Quote Post
ionnsaigh
post 7th Mar 2011, 09:58am
Post #50

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,122
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 5th Mar 2011, 03:33pm) *
A corruption of what? laugh.gif

Lets just say that there are certain District Councils ( not a million miles away ) that have been for many years, controlled by Masons. If you happen to apply for a job and the other candidate is a mason, then you have little or no chance of being successful. Both merit and ability are negated by a handshake. ( catch my drift ) I have witnessed people coming through the door, with little or no experience, and rising through the ranks, to become managers within 4yrs. This has a drastic effect on the morale, of the non masonic existing staff. It impacts greatly on the level and quality of services provided by that Authority. Joe public gets a raw deal ( hey what's new ) The historical beginnings of
this organisation, have been corrupted by the greed and back stabbings, of a petite bourgeoisie, far removed from the original conceptions, of a brotherhood of skilled workers, meeting in secret to discuss working conditions. Early Trade Unionism.

--------------------
The Dear Green Place.

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 7th Mar 2011, 10:15am
Post #51

Mega City Key Holder
There were several Masons in my family and when I became of age I was recommended to join and somehow ceased to exist when I turned the offer down. I had this feeling that I'd succeed or fail under my own terms in my life.
Failure isnae too bad. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Destiny is a good thing to accept when it's going your way. When it isn't, don't call it destiny; call it injustice, treachery, or simple bad luck.”

+Quote Post
Tommy Kennedy
post 7th Mar 2011, 10:34am
Post #52

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 54
During my business life I was asked to join the 'Round Table'(This was in Llandudno,Wales) - came Christmas time was told the 'Round table' was gonna decorate 3 old age pensioners homes.
Was asked if I'd would like to help:
'Well I'm not very good at decorating, I'll pay for paint etc'
'Oh, no, we must be seen to be 'doing it' - we get the local paper in on it and they photogrgraph us 'working at it'. Gets us good publicity'

Bunch o' hyopcrites. That was my last 'meeting' with them

+Quote Post
benny
post 7th Mar 2011, 01:11pm
Post #53

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,059
Ye wid've been better offerin tae dae whit ye usually dae, Tommy - take 3 auld age pensioners tae the disco. Sir Dancelot. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Derea derego fortibus es in aro

+Quote Post
Dunvegan
post 10th Mar 2011, 09:56am
Post #54

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,038
QUOTE (TeeHeeHee @ 7th Mar 2011, 07:38pm) *
There were several Masons in my family and when I became of age I was recommended to join and somehow ceased to exist when I turned the offer down. I had this feeling that I'd succeed or fail under my own terms in my life.
Failure isnae too bad. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I came from a family that was torn in half by them. They, to me, are the epitomy of an evil pagan cult that has no place in the 21st century. Whenever I shake hands with a "gripper" I feel contaminated. Secret societies are cults of unreason and their rituals are for those bereft of humanity and common decency.

+Quote Post
wee davy
post 10th Mar 2011, 10:36am
Post #55

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,956
bereft of humanity and common decency.

As one who professes to be educated, Dunvegan, that is about the dumbest statement I have had the misfortune to read on here (apart from some of my own, of course laugh.gif )

I have a VERY dear friend who is nearing the end of his natural life and NOTHING could be further from the truth about this man's dedication and love towards his fellow man - demonstrated to me both personally, and publically. He has always been one of the most philanthropic individuals I've ever had the real pleasure to associate with.

I'm sorry to hear about your own experience - and THEE's - but demonizing them, is for me just NOT an option. Some of my wife's family are in the Mason's - and once again they are good and caring people.

Though I understand people's mistrust of ritual - it simply doesn't follow people who observe it are inherently evil.

We all belong to one big Brotherhood - some just demonstrate/express it differently.

Peace Brothers wink.gif

--------------------
adversus solem ne loquitor

+Quote Post
TeeHeeHee
post 10th Mar 2011, 12:37pm
Post #56

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (wee davy @ 10th Mar 2011, 09:59am) *
I'm sorry to hear about your own experience - and THEE's -

Nothin' to feel sorry about wi' me there Davy.
Since the age of 16 I've always gone my own way and never needed to belong to any group, association, or clique (contrary to what some may assume on here rolleyes.gif )
Win lose or draw I've always been my own man; even if the wins were scarce. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mathieson
post 10th Mar 2011, 12:47pm
Post #57

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,207
QUOTE (Dunvegan @ 10th Mar 2011, 10:19am) *
I came from a family that was torn in half by them. They, to me, are the epitomy of an evil pagan cult that has no place in the 21st century. Whenever I shake hands with a "gripper" I feel contaminated. Secret societies are cults of unreason and their rituals are for those bereft of humanity and common decency.

laugh.gif Drama Queen.

--------------------
Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue !

+Quote Post
*Russell*
post 30th Sep 2015, 08:28am
Post #58

Definitely a Masonic penny. 1430 is the lodge number. I know because I have the same penny. It belonged to my Dad. I think the lodge was called Abercrombie. It is/was in the East End of Glasgow in Bridgeton.

+Quote Post
*Beau Guest*
post 30th Sep 2015, 09:58am
Post #59

QUOTE (Mathieson @ 10th Mar 2011, 12:55pm) *
laugh.gif Drama Queen.

Mardi-Grass Queen!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Oct 2019

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.