Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Henry Mcgregor, family history
Jupiter
post 7th Mar 2015, 08:48am
Post #16

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Ron, it doesnt matter what service or work Im getting done, I always get a price at the outset.I dont know the price of doing a family tree.
Joop rolleyes.gif op
I wonder if the poster found out about McGregor.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
McGregor
post 7th Mar 2015, 08:59am
Post #17

Unpacking
Member No.: 27,584
RoN, how much would it cost to find info on James Henry McGrergor?

+Quote Post
RonD
post 12th Mar 2015, 07:03am
Post #18

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
HI Gordon, I can´t give an exact cost as it would be bit by bit but from what I am seeing in your posts it wouldn´t too much. You would have to hope that he was baptized in Scotland as birth certs weren´t available until 1855. When did James arrive in S.A.? or roughly what age?

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
McGregor
post 12th Mar 2015, 09:18am
Post #19

Unpacking
Hi RonD, He grew up in Scotland. I do not know when he arrived in South Africa but know that he got married on 7 March 1870 in Bloemfontein, South Africa. He gave his age as 26 years old then. This would make his birth year 1844 in Glasgow. I know that it is Glasgow as I have his attestation papers for the Boer War in which he gives his place of Birth as Glasgow. He gave his trade as a Stone Cutter. He also mentioned that he had done service in the Royal Navy but gave no further info. Strangely in the attestation papers he gave his birth year as 1830?
Hope you come up with something. Should you want copies of any documents then contact me on my email address; gorchris01@mtcmobile.com.na and I will mail them to you.
Thanks. Gordon

+Quote Post
RonD
post 12th Mar 2015, 09:59am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,783
That changes things as I was looking for a baptism for 1830 and I thought it was a little strange that he fought in the Boer war which I think of as 1890 to 1900 which would make him seem rather old for fighting. I will have another look and see what I can find.

--------------------
Bad luck, emotional blackmail, soppy sentiments, no matter what ! The chain letter stops here!

+Quote Post
McGregor
post 6th Apr 2015, 01:18pm
Post #21

Unpacking
RonD, He was quite old when he volunteered for service during the Boer War but was not in service very long.
Thanks,
Gordon

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.