Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welltrees House Rutherglen Scotland, 1942 building on Cathcart Road
the brauns
post 23rd Jul 2008, 11:09pm
Post #16

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,882
Thanks Penny, I don't have too many of my grandparents. My parents immigrated to America three years later. My grandparents came to see us a few times but I wish I could have stayed in Glasgow and seen them more often.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 25th Apr 2010, 02:05pm
Post #17

I have stumbled across this entry about Welltrees Road and am blown away. My mother's cousin was John Mulhinch and his mother Alice Maclaine was my granny's sister. The photo shown was I believe of Alice, Willie and their children John, Margaret, and Alice. I am stunned but I must tell you that I have the Maclaine Genealogy report going back quite some way. Please contact me on

marion.quillan@btinternet.com and I will send it to you.

My sister has Aunt Alice's bookcase and I visited her daughter Alice in Melbourne, Australia in 1964 and saw her again in Scotland around 1988.

Marion Fleming

+Quote Post
*Margie Vogel*
post 26th Aug 2011, 01:10pm
Post #18

Hi. Not sure if this forum is till open but I stumbled across the picture in google pics when looking for the house my father was born in - Wellfield House, Duns. The picture of the man in the photo has an uncanny resemblance to my father and grandfather.

+Quote Post
Glesga Geek
post 20th Oct 2011, 01:36pm
Post #19

Visitor
Member No.: 10,803
There is a Cathcart Road in Cambuslang according to Googlemaps, it still exists today with a mix of old and new houses, including tennements.

+Quote Post
the brauns
post 18th Dec 2016, 06:34pm
Post #20

Super Lord Provost
Member No.: 5,882
QUOTE (Margie Vogel @ 26th Aug 2011, 09:10am) *
Hi. Not sure if this forum is till open but I stumbled across the picture in google pics when looking for the house my father was born in - Wellfield House, Duns. The picture of the man in the photo has an uncanny resemblance to my father and grandfather.

I hope that Margie Vogel is still on the GGBoards. Is there a picture you could send of your father and grandfather. Sorry after all these years, I've just found this. My grandpa was one of 13 children.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.