Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brook Bond Tea
murn
post 24th Aug 2007, 05:35pm
Post #31

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,825
selling them on ebay, go figure, do remember them but don't remember getting anything for them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stuarty
post 24th Aug 2007, 10:17pm
Post #32

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,972
naw a never knew what we got with them either another packet a tea maybe laugh.gif

--------------------
gie me a wee minite

+Quote Post
wee mags
post 24th Aug 2007, 10:29pm
Post #33

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 12
you got a wee card that you filled with the stamps and you got 10shillings for it wink.gif

--------------------
fae Maryhill noo the USA

+Quote Post
stratson
post 24th Aug 2007, 11:23pm
Post #34

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,660
Mags, a remember fillin' the card and gettin' money but thought it was 5 shillings. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"WELCOME TO MY WORLD"

+Quote Post
lindamac
post 29th Aug 2007, 09:16am
Post #35

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 3,807
laugh.gif Enjoyable wee memory there we were warned if sent oot tae shoaps frae mum "Noo Mind ,ah only like BrookeBonds Dividend tea fur tae get me ma stamps up" haha I remember the paper packet it was like a thick sagey green paper Made the orange stamps stand ot bright & clear & we kids fought oer the tea cerds like it was money tae ,thanks for that memory. :DMum always saved up her Embassy tipped cigarettes the packet was White with a red Ribbon oan it she near went mad wance when ah goat the wrang fags ,apparently ah got her Embassy Regal with navy blue ribbon & she sent me back tae get the right ones,I also recal that our local dairy shop owner paid cash for the coupons as his wife liked tae get the gifts from the gift shop book.Mum usualy got a free pkt of smokes or the odd time if she was short she would buy bread & milk with her fag coupons did anyone else ever do that? jings I remember smoking at high school[thank God I don't smoke nowadays mind ye] & I would buy a single fag with a single match hahahaha so funny tae think of that nowadays or if ah was rich oan a friday with pocket money I would buy pkt of 5 Kensitas club gold fags.

--------------------
Ye Cin Take The Lassie Oota Glesga But Ye Cannae Take Glesga Oota The Lassie

+Quote Post
Lion
post 18th Dec 2007, 12:13pm
Post #36

Settling In
Member No.: 4,861
Hi lindamac - new to this site - see you are from Australia too - can remember Brooke Bond Tea and Embassy cigarettes - remember the stamps and the coupons as well. Do you remember going to the Co-op and having to give the share number? A bit like loyalty points these days.

+Quote Post
*PJ F San Francisco*
post 19th Feb 2008, 06:39am
Post #37

I purchase Brook Bond Red Label Orange Pekoe and/or the Taj Mahal Tea in Berkeley, California. -- I have always thought that it was the Irish spring water which provided us wonderful teal in the west of Ireland. However, and to my delight, the Brook Bond Red Label provides me with wonderful flavour using San Francisco's tap water.

Did you know that the Irish out pass the British as the tea drinkers of the world. It has been know that the Irish can consume as many as 17 cups of tea between breakfast and dinner, meaning, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. This of course is more likely where there is a large family and a staggering breakfast system, where one will here "I'm making tea, do you want a cup?"

I have completely given up on teabags and my coffee consumption is almost nil compared to my drinking 10 cups of coffee each day a year ago! My stomach and general health feels much better with only the tealeave drinking!

+Quote Post
pdickson
post 26th Feb 2009, 04:42pm
Post #38

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,592
I worked with "BB" as a van salesman -- trained in Avenuepark St. Maryhill -- then moved to my home town Airdrie -- worked from our local depot in Alexander St -- Garaged the van in Laidlaws Garage ( the FORD dealer) So.Bigger Road -- I drove a TROJAN van for some time -- then got the first TRANSIT van to come into Scotland -- Bill Bryden from Edinburgh was my first "controller"--Area manager that is -- Then we wore white shirt ,collar & tie, polished shoes with steel tipped heels so we could hear ourselves walk smartly -- WE MADE GOOD MONEY & HAD A GREAT JOB.-- HAPPY DAYS -- Got a great wife at that time & she still is 53 years later.

+Quote Post
Agnes & Robert
post 1st Mar 2009, 03:45am
Post #39

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 6,256
QUOTE (pdickson @ 26th Feb 2009, 04:29pm) *
I worked with "BB" as a van salesman -- trained in Avenuepark St. Maryhill -- then moved to my home town Airdrie -- worked from our local depot in Alexander St -- Garaged the van in Laidlaws Garage ( the FORD dealer) So.Bigger Road -- I drove a TROJAN van for some time -- then got the first TRANSIT van to come into Scotland -- Bill Bryden from Edinburgh was my first "controller"--Area manager that is -- Then we wore white shirt ,collar & tie, polished shoes with steel tipped heels so we could hear ourselves walk smartly -- WE MADE GOOD MONEY & HAD A GREAT JOB.-- HAPPY DAYS -- Got a great wife at that time & she still is 53 years later.
Iworked next door to Brook Bond on Avenuepark St., Iworked in Durable Tools next door, my Wife and used to live on Fernie St. Iworked there 1959, the last time we were down there was 2005 they were knocking it all down, small world

+Quote Post
**Jessica**
post 25th Oct 2010, 03:56am
Post #40

Does anyone know where you can purchase Brooke Bond Scottish Blend tea in loose leaf form over the internet? If you do please email me the details to vtechvtech123@yahoo.com I am trying to find it for my husband who was born and raised in Scotland and I know he would love to have it again...problem is I just can't find it anywhere sad.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.