Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phoenix Park Terrace, Born there and lived there
Gwenn
post 14th Feb 2015, 10:08am
Post #76

Unpacking
Member No.: 26,036
QUOTE (terrace @ 30th Jun 2014, 10:49pm) *
Hi Gwenn, just seen your post, a pleasant surprise

Lots of happy memories of family times

I dont think you had even left school the
last time we met !

Dorrie
(Dorothy) smile.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gwenn
post 14th Feb 2015, 10:11am
Post #77

Unpacking
Hi Dorothy, yes it is many yrs ago. Are you on FB? Where are you staying now. I live in Carluke near Lanark I retired in Nov 2013 after 45yrs in nursing. I am on FB. As Gwenn Gibson.
Hope to hear from you .x

+Quote Post
Gwenn
post 14th Feb 2015, 11:08pm
Post #78

Unpacking
Hi Dorothy, great to hear from you. Where are you living now. I'm in Carluke nr Lanark. Are y o u on Facebook? I'm in FB under Gwenn Gibson. Please message me there if you are.

+Quote Post
Gwenn
post 14th Feb 2015, 11:12pm
Post #79

Unpacking
Hi Dottie, please contact me so we can catch up on old times
Gwenn

+Quote Post
cathy52
post 15th Feb 2015, 04:15pm
Post #80

Super Resident
Member No.: 11,625
Hi gwenn, my uncle william kelly was married to violet turner.

+Quote Post
Jeni
post 15th Jun 2015, 01:47pm
Post #81

Unpacking
Member No.: 29,270
Hi there, I am doing some family research. My dad lived at 34 Phoenix Park Terrace from 1955 - 1958ish. I was wondering if anybody remembered my Grandparents Jean/Jeanie née Kelly and Leslie Nicolson. My dads name is also Leslie. I am pretty sure we had family in the surrounding tenements. Just wanted to know if anybody remembered them. Thank you in advance.

+Quote Post
Jeni
post 16th Jun 2015, 08:14pm
Post #82

Unpacking
Member No.: 29,270
QUOTE (Jeni @ 15th Jun 2015, 09:55am) *
Hi there, I am doing some family research. My dad lived at 34 Phoenix Park Terrace from 1955 - 1958ish. I was wondering if anybody remembered my Grandparents Jean/Jeanie née Kelly and Leslie Nicolson. My dads name is also Leslie. I am pretty sure we had family in the surrounding tenements. Just wanted to know if anybody remembered them. Thank you in advance.

Oops I have a revision, my grandparents Jean (Kelly) & Leslie Nicolson lived at 39 on the top floor. My great grandparents Bill & Jeanie lived at 38 on the top floor. Sorry for the confusion

+Quote Post
*Lynn Grainger*
post 5th Jul 2015, 05:45pm
Post #83

QUOTE (Iain Carmichael @ 27th Nov 2013, 01:32am) *
Hi, Brining back many memories. My name is Iain Carmichael. I don’t remember the number we lived in but we lived in the terrace up until it got torn down when we moved to Springburn. Think is was around 1967 which would make me 7 at the time. I had a younger sister Isobel and a younger brother Jim. Our Da was Archie Carmichael and our mum was Moria. I believe my Da’s parents also stayed in the same house before we got it. Their names were Jimmy and Isa Carmichael and my Da’s brother was John. People I remember where Betty and Mick McCabe and their sons Michael and Tony I also remember Janet and Davie Preston, their kids were Jean and David. Mark Clark was another friend I remember. I remember the man next door to us had one leg as he had lost one during the war. Down stairs were the Campbell’s I only remember the son’s name which was Joe. Anyone remember us Carmichaels?
Live in Los Angeles now which could not be further away from Cowcaddens but still remember the place with much affection

Hi I lived in the terrace we stayed on the canal side not sure of the number I left there when I was about 5 around 1970 my maiden name Shaw. I know Mark Clark from the terrace he is around the same age as yourself as I am friends with his sister I moved to Balornock and so did the clarks

+Quote Post
*Iain Carmichael*
post 9th Jul 2015, 08:20am
Post #84

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for replying. Yes I remember Mark had an older sister I think her name was Janelle or something similar and I seem to remember being madly in love with her :-) My family also moved to Balornock after we had been in Springburn for a few years. We moved just round the corner from the Clarks at 35 Northgate Rd next to the nursery. My brother Jim still stays in that same house. We were also on the canal side of the Terrace I think it may have been 38 but not sure on that.

Are you still in touch with the Clarks, if so please say Hi.

+Quote Post
**Lynn**
post 31st Aug 2015, 10:25pm
Post #85

Hi Ian

Janelle was mark's younger sister still speak to her through FB now and again, small world we moved from the terrace to Acredyke Road will let them know you said hi next time I speak to them.

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 9th Sep 2015, 09:05am
Post #86

Thanks Lynn, Funny how time plays tricks on you did he have an older sister as well?

+Quote Post
*mary hatch*
post 8th Apr 2016, 10:24am
Post #87

QUOTE (macatuni @ 20th Nov 2010, 01:59am) *
Hi Andy Allan and all other Phoenix residents. The picture of Dobbies Loan brought back memories for me. My name is Dorothy Watson. I was born in Govan in'57 and shortly afterwards, brought up at 552 Dobbies Loan, next door to the dairy and lived on the top floor in a single end. I was the second eldest of eight children; four sisters and three brothers;James, me, Gary, Shirley, Heather, William, Tracy, and Yvette was born the year before the January storm of '68.
When the storm damaged the roof, we were decanted to Stornoway Street, Milton. Jamie and I played with the Buchanan boys from the Terrace. My pal was Margaret Craig who had a brother called Maurice. Other friends were Hanif Myer; Mary and Marion Main (twins: I know that Mary died around 1990+); all from the Terrace; Anyone know where they are now? We all attended Dundas Vale school, then when it closed we were moved to Milton Street primary school where our Headmistress, Mrs Nicholson also moved with us - suffice to say we did not like her!
I do not have rose-tinted glasses about the poverty of the times but there is always something to be salvaged from the time for memories' sake.

I was born in 552 Dobbies Loan. in 1953 to Charlie and Clara Phillips. We were on the first floor - I was baby number 4. My elder siblings being Ann, Charles and John.

We moved to Toryglen (with a real bath!) in 1957. I don't have too many memories being so young while we lived there. but I do remember a potato lorry losing its load and everyone running down the street to pick up the potatoes.

+Quote Post
*gina*
post 17th Oct 2016, 09:33am
Post #88

QUOTE (leckie @ 10th Feb 2010, 12:01pm) *
Hi Hudggy,
Thanks for your reply , I stayed in the single end, three up at No 26 with my parents and brother Billy and am 74 years young at present and now stay in Chryston, You would have been only about Four when your parents bought you a big furry grey rabbit, and since I had a white rabbit I agreed to keep them together in a hutch in the back court (Too smelly and no space in the house). Unfortunately they did not survive a really bad winter, The rabbits, your mother singing and your dad's accident are the main reasons I remember you. I doubt if you will recall having the rabbit?.
Thompsons shop was taken over by Bill Gooding in the early fifties.
Did your uncle sammy have any family?, If so I should remember them.I remember the Munro and Headridge,s staying in the close at No32.

KEEP WELL! Dan Harris

My Dads family also lived at 27 phoenix park terrace from 1932-1960's. They were the percival family, David and Amelia Percival and their 4 kids James, David John and Helen Percival. Ive been trying to find anyone who may have known them. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
**Julie**
post 19th Aug 2017, 08:27pm
Post #89

QUOTE (gina @ 17th Oct 2016, 09:33am) *
My Dads family also lived at 27 phoenix park terrace from 1932-1960's. They were the percival family, David and Amelia Percival and their 4 kids James, David John and Helen Percival. Ive been trying to find anyone who may have known them. rolleyes.gif

Hi Gina,

Just come across your post, my grand-dad William Bruce lived at no 27 Phoenix Park Terrace in 1922.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd Sep 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.