Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asterisks, what do they mean.
tulip
post 11th Sep 2013, 10:41pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,408
Hi,I haven't been here in a while and have just discovered a reply to a post that I made. I have noticed that the person has asterisks next to their name and it is not in bold type. Does this mean they are no longer an active member? It was a shame if that was the case,as it appears they are a distant relative.

Tulip.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GG
post 12th Sep 2013, 10:02pm
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon
Member No.: 1
Hi Tulip,

The asterisks next to a poster's name (* or **) means that they have posted as a guest. Sometimes a member will inadvertently post as a guest because they are not logged in. If you tell me which post it is, I should be able to tell you if this is a guest or a non-logged in member.

(Guest posting has been turned off for a while, as there was too much spamming going on and it became a nuisance to sort out the wheat from the chaff, so to speak! I'll be implementing a new anti-spamming mechanism soon, so will be able to turn guest posting back on and also turn on automatic new registrations.)

GG.

--------------------
Help: Register :: Login :: Forgot password? :: gg@glasgowguide.co.uk

+Quote Post
tulip
post 17th Sep 2013, 10:13am
Post #3

Unpacking
Member No.: 6,408
Hi GG. It is a post in the Bridgeton topic,I believe it's second to last relating to the Cater family.

thanks, Tulip

+Quote Post
Purplefan
post 25th Sep 2013, 11:44am
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 10,685
I thought Asterisks was a gaul!

--------------------
To be is to do socrates
To do is to be Sartre
Do be do be do Sinatra

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Dec 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.