Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paisley Road Toll, Rutland Crescent School
weearmour
post 13th Jan 2004, 11:17pm
Post #1

Unpacking
Member No.: 831
just wondering if there are any ex pupils from my old primary school out there? I would love to know if anyone has photos of the school and/or pupils? thanks, jean (pandelus) miller
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
annie laurie
post 14th Jan 2004, 05:59am
Post #2

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 73
Hello weearmour,
good to see you posting, have missed hearing from you,
A wee bit late but a Happy New Year to you & your's

+Quote Post
thistle46
post 14th Jan 2004, 02:20pm
Post #3

Resident
Member No.: 216
Welcome weearmour - have you tried the website: friendsreunited.co.uk

it is great for schools and old friends.

All the best...thistle

+Quote Post
George Muir
post 14th Jan 2004, 10:30pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 53
Hey Jean, here's a picture of the auld school
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gallusbisom
post 20th Jan 2004, 12:05am
Post #5

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 856
I was thrilled to see your request about Rutland Cres. School. My grandparents lived on the corner of Paisley Rd. & Rutland Cres. on the top floor of the close above the pub. My granny used to go to a "wee menage" in the cresent and sometimes, if I was lucky, she would take me with her. All of the family came from that area and I still remember going to an Xmas party given at the home of the lady who ran the dairy. Also getting sent to Cochrane's for messages. And there was a great ice cream store on the opposite side of Paisley Rd. W. Wow, it has been many a year since I was there. sad.gif

+Quote Post
*Alex Marshall*
post 2nd Mar 2008, 03:00pm
Post #6

QUOTE (weearmour @ 13th Jan 2004, 11:24 PM) *
just wondering if there are any ex pupils from my old primary school out there? I would love to know if anyone has photos of the school and/or pupils? [SIZE=7] thanks, jean (pandelus) miller

Hi Weearmour

I was a pupil at Rutland Cresc. school from 1939-1950. I had a John Armour in my class who lived on the Govan road just two minutes from the school. They had a few siblings in the family, Ruth, Olive May and I think two older brothers one who was a goalkeeper with Shawfielkd Juniors. The family were also very strong brethern people attending the Gospel Hall in Plantation St.

Hope this is the same family.

Bye

Alex Marshall

+Quote Post
*Alex Marshall*
post 2nd Mar 2008, 03:08pm
Post #7

QUOTE (Gallusbisom @ 20th Jan 2004, 12:12 AM) *
I was thrilled to see your request about Rutland Cres. School. My grandparents lived on the corner of Paisley Rd. & Rutland Cres. on the top floor of the close above the pub. My granny used to go to a "wee menage" in the cresent and sometimes, if I was lucky, she would take me with her. All of the family came from that area and I still remember going to an Xmas party given at the home of the lady who ran the dairy. Also getting sent to Cochrane's for messages. And there was a great ice cream store on the opposite side of Paisley Rd. W. Wow, it has been many a year since I was there. sad.gif

Hi Gallusbisom

I used to live on the Paisly Rd. West on the same side as you just across frm Stanley St. I remember the dairy in the crescent where you went to the party it was Mrs Farmer who ran it.
The Ice Cream shop was justa couple of doors down from Portman St. I lived there from 1934-1957.

+Quote Post
George Muir
post 3rd Mar 2008, 12:37am
Post #8

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 53
Hi Alex, I went to Rutland Crescent school when very young, my family at that time lived at 36 Paisley Rd. West, one up, across the road from Buchanan's paper shop. You will know the close, it was the one where there was a gap in the tenement block, nothing left but the shops on the ground floor. Our building had been dislodged by the effects of the bombing of nearby Plantation/Blackburn streets. So they pulled it down and we had to move. I was born in Sussex St. and also went to Wallace Grove Place school earlier.

+Quote Post
annie laurie
post 3rd Mar 2008, 06:09am
Post #9

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 73
HI Alex,
My Aunt lived in Rutland Crescent for years,
#19 & #24
The Cavanagh's
What years did you live at Paisley Rd West ??????????

+Quote Post
*Alex Marshall*
post 12th Apr 2008, 11:00am
Post #10

QUOTE (annie laurie @ 3rd Mar 2008, 06:16 AM) *
HI Alex,
My Aunt lived in Rutland Crescent for years,
#19 & #24
The Cavanagh's
What years did you live at Paisley Rd West ??????????

Hi Annie Laurie

I can rember the Cavanah's who live in the Crescent, if I can remember correctly their was definately one lad in the family who went to St. Margarets school. The close where they lived was probably the frst or second down from P.R.W.

I live at No. 42 Paisley Rd. West opposite Stanley St.

+Quote Post
*Rena Farmer*
post 28th Apr 2008, 09:44pm
Post #11

I was born in Rutland Crescent and went to Rutland Crescent school. Does anyone remember the dairy which belonged to my mother and father? We lived at number 18.

+Quote Post
*Jim McAulay*
post 26th Aug 2008, 06:18am
Post #12

QUOTE (Rena Farmer @ 28th Apr 2008, 10:48pm) *
I was born in Rutland Crescent and went to Rutland Crescent school. Does anyone remember the dairy which belonged to my mother and father? We lived at number 18.

Hi Rena,
I was also born at 18 Rutland Crescent and I remember you and your Mother & Father.
I lived above the opening of the close with neighbours Scullion & Clark (hope spelling is correct), and the McCalls lived across from you. The first time I watched TV was in your Mother & Fathers house. Good to remember the old days at the crescent.

+Quote Post
CAT
post 27th Aug 2008, 12:50pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 5,390
Jim did you move to Corkerhill?

+Quote Post
*Jim McAulay*
post 28th Aug 2008, 07:54pm
Post #14

QUOTE (CAT @ 27th Aug 2008, 01:54pm) *
Jim did you move to Corkerhill?
NO NEVER LIVED IN CORKERHILL

+Quote Post
*McCall*
post 1st Feb 2009, 10:55pm
Post #15

Hi Jim well i never i remember you and your brother well another neighbour of ours on the top

landing was the Rose family and the Isherwoods lived at the top of the Crescent, the Boags lived

on the other side of the Cres. Rena and i exchange a yearly update in our christmas card. Will be

watching this site to see if you reply Regards Evelyn

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.