Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finding My Past Pals, From priesthill 65-70
Rating 5 V
Tori G
post 4th May 2005, 03:28am
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,927
Hi this is vgourlay form australia I went to Burnbrae primary @ Craigbank secondary65-70. Im looking for Elaine nee Hamilton aged now 45 she has a brother bobby-Caroline nee Millar...-Eileen neeDonaldson...-Christine neeBoag...-Linda neeCameron. All from Priesthill in the 60's rolleyes.gif Ps Im not on everyday here inGG Yet I do check regulary.

--------------------
Thats what I think anyway
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sheena blue
post 4th May 2005, 10:51pm
Post #2

Visitor
Member No.: 1,937
Hi I went to Burnbrae and Craigbank from those dates, I am Sheena Campbell , please mail me and we can have a natter. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Helen of Oz
post 13th May 2005, 08:28am
Post #3

Settling In
Member No.: 1,985
hi my name is helen devitt (campbell) i used to live in priesthill, at 10 elliston avenue. there was a family called donaldson who lived accross the road from me but just can't remember their first names (must be old age) they went to burnbrae, and craigbank schools in the sixties

[Converted from ALL CAPS by GG]

This post has been edited by GG: 14th May 2005, 08:37am

+Quote Post
Tori G
post 13th May 2005, 04:17pm
Post #4

Mega City Key Holder
Hi helen from OZ and big T (seen both your names before) I knew an Aileen donaldson she'll be in her middle forties now, sorry I dont know much about her these days as I am new to this site too, and also in OZ. I left Priesthill in 70 with my parents Im hoping to catch up with her too as we went to school together. I used to be at her place quite regular if it is the same person. Ive been trying friendsreunited site and found lots of people I know and havent yet heard anything rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Helen of Oz
post 13th May 2005, 11:41pm
Post #5

Settling In
Member No.: 1,985
Hi vgourlay, did your friend aileen donaldson have an older brother called ian, as my sister in erskine is still in contact with an ian donaldson from priesthill and he had a few sisters

+Quote Post
Geezabrek
post 30th Jul 2005, 10:01pm
Post #6

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,442
Didn't go to Burnbrae, went to St. Roberts and Bellarmine between '57 - '67 and was a 'resident' of priesthill like you lot.
Does anyone know of a site that shows the 'old' street maps and perhaps the old street numbers of homes up in Priesty... I seem to have gotten my numbers a bit mixed up as I was living in 15 Elliston Avenue (middle flat) but can't recall how the rest of the avenue flowed numerically... Anyone got the capability of drawing a (rough) map..?? I love to look at the old photo's of the area... of which i may be able to add a few soon, having eventually gotten a printer / scanner thing... hows a bout some other folks joining in and doing a photo post of 'ooor' history - whatever the photo, cos it will be of interest to many I am sure eh !! XXX

Does anyone mind the Gillaney and Campbell families in Priesthill in the 60's..
Hope ye find what / who your looking for guys... see ya.. xx

--------------------
If u canny fix it wi a hammer - It's an electrical problem!

+Quote Post
Tori G
post 4th Aug 2005, 05:07am
Post #7

Mega City Key Holder
Hi there Geezabrek theres lots of photos of Priesthill and the rest of Glasgow for that matter in the old posts here on the boards, Ive been trying to search through a lot of them, takes ages though and just the other day i seen quite a few of priesthill, have a look in the househillwood roundabout page 23 promise, as for maps, have you tried www.oldmaps.co.uk or just www.maps.co.uk on your search engine.Good luck biggrin.gif Ps my freind Eileen Donaldson lived on that street too I had to walk up the hill from Ravenscraig place which was across the road from Ravenscraig Dve. Helen of Oz thinks she knows them as they lived across the road at number 10, so maybe you know her as well.

This post has been edited by vgourlay: 5th Aug 2005, 01:46am

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sheena blue
post 5th Aug 2005, 01:38pm
Post #8

Visitor
Member No.: 1,937
Hi Geeza I am a Campbell from Priesthill , I lived 4 Ravenscraig Dv, with my grandmother and extended family , all closes and houses went up in 2 ,s one side evens and other side odds , hope that helps you. Went to Burnbrae and Craigbank but had lots of friend in Bellermine , do you remember Robert Lamb aka Lambie , he was from Arden.

+Quote Post
laura224
post 17th Aug 2005, 08:51am
Post #9

Unpacking
Member No.: 2,280
[I] hello i am looking for someone called david king he wouldbe around 26/27 he was born in september i think and has a dad called jim king? i would value anyones help on this if they could give it. thanks, laurax if anyone has any genuine information please feel free to email me at little_miss_cheekymoo@yahoo.co.uk

+Quote Post
Tori G
post 18th Aug 2005, 01:25am
Post #10

Mega City Key Holder
Well laura like Angela said, there has to be more info, do you know where abouts hes from in glasgow? where did he work? which school did he attend? where his parents originally came from-area- school- work? etc etc,.. there must be millions of davids in scotland and thousands of kings. Have you tried other web sites that also have sections about finding the where-abouts of people, Freindsreunited is one. good luck!

One good turn deserves another and straight back at me too, thankyou Lord!!! Good luck to me!!! now, as I've just received a message the other day from Freindsreunited, I Found Linda Cameron,.. Sheena. I took a chance and sent a message to Linda who went to Bellermine (didnt think of that b4, silly me).

This post has been edited by vgourlay: 25th Aug 2005, 03:40am

--------------------

+Quote Post
karyn
post 24th Oct 2005, 07:53pm
Post #11

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,418
hi there.. heres a pic of the 50p church in priesthill
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
away in a dwalm

+Quote Post
John_D
post 27th Oct 2005, 06:27pm
Post #12

Super Resident
Member No.: 2,400
QUOTE (karyn @ 24th Oct 2005, 09:10 PM)
hi there.. heres a pic of the 50p church in priesthill

hi there.. heres a pic of  the 50p church in priesthill

hi there.. heres a pic of  the 50p church in priesthill

Is there that many toilets in that church......... I'l need to visit that one. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Who Knows Treesr Green?

+Quote Post
karyn
post 27th Oct 2005, 06:52pm
Post #13

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,418
ure funny lol laugh.gif

--------------------
away in a dwalm

+Quote Post
Henke
post 7th Nov 2005, 09:59am
Post #14

Super Visitor
Member No.: 1,661
Does anyone remember Alex Logan, Paul Hebditch, Kenny Gibson,Fiona Dundas, Alan Connelly, Harry McGovern, Ian McKenna and a big Alsatian dug caud Garth? All fae Priesthill. Some from Lunderston Drive area and Househillmuir Rd.

--------------------
www.celticfc.net

Glasgow gave me more than it ever took away.

+Quote Post
*sheena*
post 12th Dec 2005, 11:32pm
Post #15

Hi there,Does anyone remember my dad the late John MCcall he was brought up in Preisthill not sure which street.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th Aug 2018

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.