Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Council Evict Occupy Glasgow?, Legal stand-off in George Square
thepaperboy
post 2nd Nov 2011, 09:39am
Post #16

Unpacking
Member No.: 8,134
why is it all the canadian imigrants want to tell us how to run our country,we still have a say in what our country should be run,they all sound like yangs now,what are they doing about caledonia its been going on for years now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Melody
post 2nd Nov 2011, 09:47am
Post #17

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 235
QUOTE (Jupiter @ 2nd Nov 2011, 09:42am) *
The protesters have made their point and it is time for them to go but I get the impression that this will go the whole road so when the legal process is complete they will be moved with reasonable force ie mounted police,water canon,taser guns and the army on standby should they be required. rolleyes.gif

No Jupiter that's what we should be doing to the bankers.

+Quote Post
*Guest*
post 2nd Nov 2011, 09:47am
Post #18

The tolerence shown to our Occupy Vancouver group is testament to the fact that Canadians here do not speak for most Canadians. I am a Secnd World War and a D-Day Veteran and I know that the Comrades that I lost during those years would be supporting the protesters. Many of todays Seniors are yesterdays Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen who are still waiting for the better World for which they Fought and saw others Die. I Remember every single day that I live.

+Quote Post
**Harry Greenwood**
post 2nd Nov 2011, 09:52am
Post #19

It is not about making a point, it is about making a difference. The Protest is the instrument to do that.

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 2nd Nov 2011, 09:58am
Post #20

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 7,675
Melody,
I listened to two protesters on BBC Scotland News one of whom stated he was homeless and thats why he was there and the other one talking of bankers robbing them blind.Now both have valid beefs but neither of them or any other protesters Ive listened to have come up with any credible alternative financial system to the one presently in place.
I firmly believe that living in a democratic country as we do,each individual has the right to peaceful protest.Having done so it is time to move on.They have been asked but they appear to be digging in so it looks as though the matter will be decided by the courts and ultimately by court appointed officials/police.
I was joking about the tasers guns and the army. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
**Harry Greenwood**
post 2nd Nov 2011, 10:40am
Post #21

Are you saying that the Courts and the Police are the protectors of the bankers and the speculators who have brought about these Protests.
If so, who can the Protesters look to for support of their grievance. The question of Democracy is a two sided sword!

+Quote Post
Melody
post 2nd Nov 2011, 10:47am
Post #22

Mega City Key Holder
Aye they'll likely 'move' them on in the middle of the night.

+Quote Post
ROB KILKIE
post 2nd Nov 2011, 11:02am
Post #23

Unpacking
Member No.: 10,948
Seems a bit rich coming from Glasgow Corporation, the ones who took the money from a movie company and pop award ceremony to take over the square. So how much do they want to let the protesters remain there ?

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 2nd Nov 2011, 11:19am
Post #24

Mega City Key Holder
Harry Greenwood,If I was saying that the police were protectors of the bankers and speculators would I be so wrong?The police are a non political,non vested interest organisation who exist to,among other things uphold law and order.The Protesters can expect every protection from the police,just like you and I, on condition we are living within the laws of the land.If you are not familiar with my posts let me just say I normally say what I mean.
Melody if it does come to a forceful removal,and I hope it doesnt come to that would it not be better if it did happen at a time when it did not paralyse the city centre and stop lawful citizens going about their business?

+Quote Post
Kerry Gill
post 2nd Nov 2011, 11:21am
Post #25

Unpacking
Member No.: 9,330
Occupiers have made their point, whatever that may be, and it is time to go. Other people want to use George Square for various reasons, so why does the camp take precedence over their wishes?

+Quote Post
*PABLO*
post 2nd Nov 2011, 11:30am
Post #26

Saying that protesters should go home is how bankers have become so powerful that they are now treating the ordinary people like dirt.

+Quote Post
droschke7
post 2nd Nov 2011, 11:35am
Post #27

Lord Provost
Member No.: 128
QUOTE (Elma @ 2nd Nov 2011, 12:30am) *
It is time these so called protesters all over the world packed up their tents and went home.

Nevermind went home, how about if they went to work? What I mean is how do these people finance their protesting? Have they all taken time off work? are they unemployed and living from the state? or are they themselves the Capitalists that they claim to despise. I myself am a disabled Veteran and am worried that the Remembrance Day Celebrations could end up looking like a farce with these protestors in place.

+Quote Post
*Backcauseway*
post 2nd Nov 2011, 11:46am
Post #28

They have had the protest. Made the point. Now its time to go. Perhaps the city council should charge them rent. Plus the clean up cost once they have gone. The people I have seen in the tents seem almost unemployable to my "untrained" eyes.

+Quote Post
Melody
post 2nd Nov 2011, 11:56am
Post #29

Mega City Key Holder
Jupiter, hopefully we all say what we mean. No Jupiter, it would be better to 'move' them during daylight hours in full view of Glasgow citizens if this is their intention. Let the ordinary folk for whom the campers are protesting see what really happens to your right to protest.

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post 2nd Nov 2011, 12:12pm
Post #30

Mega City Key Holder
Melody,I have no problems with that whatsoever but was merely considering the bigger picture and inconvenience to other citizens,having saw the mayhem which ensued at George Square recently when a film crew took over.Incidentally I consider myself an ordinary sort and wouldnt,couldnt ever contemplate any of the protesters (and Ive seen quite a few) speaking up or being under the impression they were acting on my behalf or for my benefit .

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th Apr 2014

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.