Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

22 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Priesthill
Rating 5 V
anne
post 1st Dec 2006, 07:47am
Post #76

City Key Holder
Member No.: 35
Hi Jimmy, great idea i'll be in that. How are you?
Thought you would like to see my Birthday photo.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jimmyd
post 1st Dec 2006, 12:17pm
Post #77

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 22
Right thats it Anne !!! ,am ower tae Perth noo , tae see that smashin looking dug haha biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
" If during a lifetime ,you bring happiness and pleasure to just one person ,then your time on earth has been worthwhile indeed ! " Jimmyd

+Quote Post
*priesthillgal*
post 6th Apr 2007, 06:25pm
Post #78

I grew up in Ravenscraig Drive, 110. When u came up the hill from the Priesthill shops we lived in what was called a T. Block looking on to Ravenscraig Terrace were Gerry the ice cream van used to sit. The people up my close were the Robins, the Mulhollands and the Kanes.
I was in the street last year and 110 consists of just one house now, but the hill with the bar running down it was still there intact. I used to play on those bars like a circus acrobat. The fields at the end of Ravenscraig were our playground and further on the bluebell woods near Carnwadric.
My first memory of Priesthill was when Mr Mulholland the aforementioned decorated his garden in red white and blue flowers for the coronation in 1953, hard to imagine street parties in Priesthill but it did happen, maybe others will remember it. Douglas's paper shop on the Priesthill road was were I bought my Bunty and Judy Comic every wee.

+Quote Post
*priesthillgal*
post 6th Apr 2007, 06:41pm
Post #79

QUOTE (marydee @ 30th Nov 2006, 05:20 PM) *
Where in Priesthill did you live? I knew most families because I worked in the Co-op at Priesthill Ave next to St Robert's and as there were only two shops the Co-op and Galbraiths most people wandered in eventually

Margaret Quin here marydee, I lived in Ravenscraig Drive and As a teenager I once worked in the co-op that you mentioned when Mr Kennedy was the manager, i remember his daughter sat at a high desk at the door on a Sat. taking the milk money. Do you remember your divi. number ours was 52936.

+Quote Post
marydee
post 13th Apr 2007, 08:08pm
Post #80

City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,766
God Margaret you are taking me back You must remember Jessie Ramsay, Anne O'Brien and Nan Duffy at the Co-op... they were in with the bricks. I remember Gerry's ice cream van and the hill to the shops especially covered in ice in the winter. I remeber the Mulhollands but I can't place you I also remeber the Lennies and Jessie Henderson and daughter Lily from Ravenscraig Place. If you lived in the T block you must remeber wee Greta Russell who lived in the T block opposite on the other side of the Place. She got the name of being a lady of the night although I don't think she was and she was always nice to me. She had wee skinny legs black tights and white shoes and wore bright red lipstick and dangly earings.

+Quote Post
Geezabrek
post 13th Apr 2007, 09:22pm
Post #81

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,442
Elliston Avenue boy just doing some catching up here folks... Thanks for all the above posts, keeps popping memories in yer heed... happy.gif

--------------------
If u canny fix it wi a hammer - It's an electrical problem!

+Quote Post
wee sammy
post 14th Apr 2007, 01:55am
Post #82

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 64
Greta Russell i remember a Betty Russell she was a big hit with the boys if you know what i mean but me being a good boy refused the offer i used to live at the top of Priesthill Rd at the terminus

+Quote Post
*N0. 10 girl*
post 12th Aug 2007, 02:03pm
Post #83

QUOTE (Geezabrek @ 13th Apr 2007, 09:39 PM) *
Elliston Avenue boy just doing some catching up here folks... Thanks for all the above posts, keeps popping memories in yer heed... happy.gif

Hi Geezabrek Im an old Elliston Ave. Lass lived at No. 10. with the Blacks, Walkers, Consatines Keens, Campbells, Gallanaghs they moved into the Bells old flat. I had 4 brothers ring any bells?

+Quote Post
murn
post 16th Aug 2007, 09:04pm
Post #84

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 4,825
Hi Guys,
New to this, going to try to post a couple of pictures. One of my brothers on the hill above the shops ( you can just see the bars that we played on in the background) and one of my sister and brother at the top of the few steps that down to the shops from Priesthill Rd. We lived at 99 Ravenscraig. wee murn

+Quote Post
eddie mccallum
post 21st Sep 2007, 10:58pm
Post #85

Settling In
Member No.: 5,022
Jimmyd-
I notice in your profile you were born 1938, that makes you about the same age as my ma.
I wonder if you knew her she was from Muirsheil Crescent her name was Isa Baldwin, sisters
name was Ealanor and she had 2 brothers Gus and Jack Baldwin. My da was Eddie McCallum
from Ravenscraig. People I remember as their friends were Tam McCrimmon, Margaret McCulloch
Betty Kelly and Wullie&Delia Smith. I noticed in one of your very early posts you mentioned an Isobel McInness, well my ma's name was Isobel (Isa), and her mothers(my granny's) name was McInness.
Just seemed a coincidence.
My own name is Eddie McCallum and i was born 226 Muirshiel Crescent and later moved to Ravenscraig Drive, no.33.
I lived in Priesthill from 1957 until we left in 1969 so I had 12 good years there. I hope some of those names ring a bell.

+Quote Post
*sandra stevenson*
post 27th Nov 2007, 09:57pm
Post #86

hi there does anyone remember the grocer van that sat at shilton drive called malkys, do you remember the scandel about food for sex also does anyone remember the big house in nitsdale road on the corner of cleeves road and nitshill road we as kids thought it was haunted and had great fun in it

+Quote Post
Geezabrek
post 8th Jan 2008, 05:48pm
Post #87

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 1,442
St Robert's Primary School - 'about' 1959? (Not sure of the year - guessing)....
(I am back row 7 from left)!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
If u canny fix it wi a hammer - It's an electrical problem!

+Quote Post
murn
post 9th Jan 2008, 03:50am
Post #88

Mega City Key Holder
QUOTE (sandra stevenson @ 27th Nov 2007, 05:04 PM) *
hi there does anyone remember the grocer van that sat at shilton drive called malkys, do you remember the scandel about food for sex also does anyone remember the big house in nitsdale road on the corner of cleeves road and nitshill road we as kids thought it was haunted and had great fun in it

I remember Malkys van but it wis jist recently I heard about the goings on. When I asked my sister about it she remembered one of our neighbours always hanging around an getting free stuff and she used to go to his house a lot rolleyes.gif

Can't say I remember the big house but Wee Rosie put this picture in the Gallery and it would have been just down the road, Cleeves road is down at the end to the right. The Levern Water Hotel wis built there but I heard it has been or will be pulled down.

+Quote Post
murn
post 9th Jan 2008, 04:01am
Post #89

Mega City Key Holder
Geeza luvly picture, you look like a wee cheeky angel tongue.gif
Looked at the picture fur ages tae see if a recognized anyone but can't say I do.
I think St Roberts used to give out free milk on Saturdays (can you remember if this is right)went once with my pal and got a wee bottle of warm milk, cream on top tongue.gif

+Quote Post
*Guest weebarra **
post 24th Apr 2008, 07:09pm
Post #90

I lived in Corsford Drive from 1957 to 1972 and went to St Rabs and occassionally to Bellarmine.
Would like to hear from anyone from this area in particular and share memories of the burn, dams, Anyone remember the Mitchells, Todds, Langs, Loves from the drive, the McMahons from Muirshiel, the Burns from Ravenscraig and the McKeans from the inshot. Used to go to the auld brickies in cleeves road and have a wee bevvy in the Railway In, Cavendish and the Oak. Believe the only 1 left is the Nia Roo.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th Apr 2020

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.