Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Roxy In Maryhill, The picture houses I went to
irrie
post 28th Sep 2014, 08:01am
Post #31

Super City Key Holder
Member No.: 8,735
QUOTE (Fiona Ochse @ 22nd May 2009, 04:21am) *
The very fisrt 'pickture' I ever saw was at the Roxie, I lived on Wilton Drive and the 'big girls' on the street asked my Mum to take me to see the wizard of oz. They sat me on the 3rd row from the front and I was terrified!
Does anyone remember the name of the Dept. Store that was on Maryhill Rd.? It had the things that flew overhead to the main office and then back again with your change and receipt.
I have lived in USA For over 30 years and still miss Maryhill Rd. and all that went on there.
Fiona

Fiona. Think the store was DM Hoeys. I remember being fascinated by the overhead tubes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd Jul 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.