Glasgow Guide Home

Whats On Glasgow Guide
  Glasgow What's On

Glasgow Reviews

Glasgow Gallery

Glasgow Links
Discuss | Guestbook | Postcard | News | Weather | Feedback | Search | About | What's New
Glasgow Guide Discussion Boards

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )                >> View Today's Topics <<

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In The Stinky Ocean, story
big tommy
post 14th Oct 2005, 07:13pm
Post #1

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 2,304
dry.gif I remember one day we found a suitcase full of clothes in the middle of the 'Stinky Ocean' .It was full of women's clothing and everything was new .

Being boys , we assumed some lady had been murdered and her stuff thrown into the 'Ocean . We were quite convinced we had come accross a dirty deed of some kind and we were all of a flutter in case the murderer was still around ,or that the womans body would come floatring to the surface.

We were scared shitless ,but we eventually plucked up enough courage to carry the suitcase to the nearest police station,

We smelt horrible,but the police simply opened the case,smelt the stuff inside .and declared 'No woman is ever going to wear this stuff again ' and threw it into the nearest midden .

So ,our attempt at being detectives ended promtly at that spot .The police thanked us and told us that the clothes had probably been stolen and finding no money , the thieves had dumped it into the 'Stinky Ocean to get rid of it .

I often wonder whatever became of the woman or her clothes .

Tommy

--------------------
ah try ma best
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
johnjack
post 21st Nov 2011, 08:36pm
Post #2

Settling In
Member No.: 9,121
Was the stinky ocean at the bottom of jacks mountain? down Pinkston road , I lived in Lyall street and climbed Jacks mountain many a time.

+Quote Post
Dave Grieve
post 22nd Nov 2011, 07:02am
Post #3

Mega City Key Holder
Member No.: 9,005
QUOTE (johnjack @ 21st Nov 2011, 08:55pm) *
Was the stinky ocean at the bottom of jacks mountain? down Pinkston road , I lived in Lyall street and climbed Jacks mountain many a time.

Going along Pinkston rd from the Toonheid Jacks mountain on your right hand side, it was directly behind Jacks mountain to the left.
Roughly where those high rise flats that were imploded a few years ago.

My last address in the Toonheid was 66 Black st.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th Jun 2017

All material in the site Glasgow Guide is copyright of the Glasgow Guide Organisation. This material is for your own private use only, and no part of the site may be reproduced, amended, modified, copied, or transmitted to third parties, by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All rights reserved.

Glasgow Hotels: book cheap hotels in Glasgow online now.